• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Delta (Vita) |OT| How to Refine Perfection

Spaulding

One question though, how do I send a gift / track? Near keeps bitching that I'm letting my friends down :(

Start up near und go to Discoveries. When you touch your avatar you'll see a list of games you recently played. Next to Stardust should be a present icon if you can send it item.
As soon as you start the near update it will be send automatically.

see5harp

Has anyone who signed up for the free 3G version gotten their code yet? Is it a code for the base game or the bundle?

legbone

Has anyone who signed up for the free 3G version gotten their code yet? Is it a code for the base game or the bundle?

no, i haven't received mine. they said it would be sent out 30 days after signing up so i should be seeing it around the 15th of this month. it's for the entire bundle btw.

dc89

I have this! Brilliant game, hard to make time for Everybody's Golf and this! It's like a toss up what to play every time I pick my Vita up.

So I just bought this to comfort me a bit after this terrible 'webcast'. Add me if you want me on your leaderboards. I think I will be good competition!

PSN: slaughterbaron

Played this for a bit. It's good. Not a lot going on in the global leaderboards, though. I'm just shy of the Top 100 on Endless (Normal) after my second try.

Hattrick!

One thing I'm not a fan of is the obvious lack of a much needed third shoulder button. Pressing X to use a bomb is really inconvenient, because you have to stop shooting for a brief moment. And shaking the Vita with the alternate control scheme is somewhat disorienting and unreliable. Not sure what I prefer here.
Browsing through the leaderboards is also a bit of a pain, because there are so many of them. I don't think this game needed this many game modes, but I guess that's not something I should complain about.

Aside from that I'm really happy with the game. The bosses are good, the new game mechanics work well (especially just having two weapons Ikaruga-style) and, well, it's Stardust! I'm also getting used to the Vita sticks. They feel a bit weird at first, but once you get used to it it's not much different than a Dualshock.

Me again. :3

I need some people that can challenge me in Endless mode! Add me if you believe you can beat my mystery score!

Me again. :3

I need some people that can challenge me in Endless mode! Add me if you believe you can beat my mystery score!

Challenge accepted! I'll add you in a few.

I'll buy the DLC sometime this week. Been meaning to do so but got caught up in Motorstorm RC.

DSFan1970

Is there anyway to shut off the movement of the background star field that mirrors /tracks the movement of the Vita? It's cute on the title screen but induces nausea in me during gameplay.

legbone

when did the demo go up? i just noticed it on the na store tonight. that will hold me over until my free copy arrives from att.

Fox1304

Finally unlocked the orchestral soundtrack ... it's amazing, loving it !

And ... it allowed me to beat my personal best in Endless.

Sorry Raonak, you're not at the top of my friends leader boards anymore :D

19M ... come at me !

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
no, i haven't received mine. they said it would be sent out 30 days after signing up so i should be seeing it around the 15th of this month. it's for the entire bundle btw.

Man they could be quicker with their code delivery. In NZ we got WipEout with our sim card top up and the code was delivered to our console within 72hrs.

does anyone else have problems unlocking the last song on Retro soundtrack? I have 11/12 and all others done. I keep getting soundtrack gifts but they just wont unlock the last song! :(

Also you can add me to take up on an Endless challenge :D PSN:Noisepurge

Fox1304

At first I thought that removing one weapon from the PS3 system was a bad idea, but actually it refines the game even more.

On the PS3 game, a heavy-boosted weapon could go through nearly anything, even if it wasn't from its element.
But on Delta, the resistance to the opposite weapon is much more important, so switching weapons to shoot the right thing is much more present. And it would have been a mess with a third weapon.

It's much more tactical, and demands more dexterity to switch weapons, and I'm loving it !

PS : feel free to add me if you wan't some leader board motivation :D ID : Fox1304

Challenge accepted! I'll add you in a few.

I'll buy the DLC sometime this week. Been meaning to do so but got caught up in Motorstorm RC.

Heh, I looked at some of your Motorstorm times and they are very respectable. And so are your Arcade scores in Stardust. Can't wait to see what you can do in Endless mode!

Gen X

Added all on this page. My PSN ID is Weak_Spot

Please send a message if you do add me, kinda annoying getting requests with no message attached unless the ID is blatantly obvious. ;)

Heh, I looked at some of your Motorstorm times and they are very respectable. And so are your Arcade scores in Stardust. Can't wait to see what you can do in Endless mode!

SSD.jpg

1st time I played Endless, I died at 10mil.

2nd time..got the score you see above.

I gotta say...endless mode, alone, is worth getting the blast pack. Love it.

Just when I thought I could finally play some retail games, I get sucked back into SSD.

It's your turn ;)

BurningNad

Getting into endless today seriously, I got instantly addicted. Stopping at 23,421,775 for the day. Now I will make it a goal to beat my high score every day. Ranked 84 Globally as of this post. EPEEN SIZE = GINORMOUS

Also, ranked 11 for gifts received (lol).

Edit: Adding a bunch of you guys for leaderboards.

Gen X

SSD.jpg

1st time I played Endless, I died at 10mil.

2nd time..got the score you see above.

I gotta say...endless mode, alone, is worth getting the blast pack. Love it.

Just when I thought I could finally play some retail games, I get sucked back into SSD.

It's your turn ;)

I'm better at driving games. ;)

Gen X

You have some good times, yes, but if we're talking about overall festival time, nope ;)

There are probably a few tracks I could shave some time off but I spent so much time on this trying to get that Pit Wall Trophy. Think I've accumulated around 18hrs on the game.

Anyway, back OT, I'm getting heaps of gifts through Near but I still haven't unlocked the Orchestra Soundtrack. Had something like 43 gifts but the option is still shaded out.

Gimme some endless tips people, because i suck pretty badly!
I got the feeling like once i hit a certain weapon upgrade point, the type and amount of enemies were not so random anymore and become much harder to avoid. Is there some other mechanic i'm missing cause i can't see how i could get to 20m+ that's for sure!

Fox1304

Gimme some endless tips people, because i suck pretty badly!
I got the feeling like once i hit a certain weapon upgrade point, the type and amount of enemies were not so random anymore and become much harder to avoid. Is there some other mechanic i'm missing cause i can't see how i could get to 20m+ that's for sure!

Save the bombs, use the boost to get out of dangerous situations, and focus on enemies before asteroids. Trying to upgrade your weapons really quick helps too.
And also, try to "gather" the enemies using the way you move on the planet. It allows to keep them in check and maximize the efficiency of your shooting.

just wondering but is the add on worth it or necessary? the PSN description dosn't help.

Personally, endless mode alone was worth getting the pack. The other modes are bleh. Nothing special. Comes with 4 trophies so that's an added bonus. Nothing too hard though. You don't NEED the DLC but I'm pretty sure endless mode will increase the replay value even more. That is, if you enjoy competing on the leaderboards.

When playing endless mode, don't forget there's a nuke you can destroy that will kill everything. Try and save that for when you're in trouble/many enemies on the planet then go around collecting as many points as you can. Nukes keep respawning so don't worry when you destroy them.

Yes, save your bombs. Boost to get out of harm's way or even to help you destroy enemies. Bombs are pretty damn important. Also, if you see a shield item, try your best to go after it. Having a shield has saved me so many times.

Chris_C

Every single time I download the demo and try to install, I get an error. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I did some Googling and it seems a lot of other folks run into the same issue.

Endless mode should be part of the main game, but since it isn't I consider the DLC more or less essential. Arcade mode is fun, but you just have to commit too much time to it. You don't want one session to take several hours in the best (worst?) case. It's also really frustrating if you make a dumb mistake (every mistake is dumb in Stardust) and you lose your multiplier. That ruins the fun of the remaining session and since you rack up Lives so fast you'll be stuck in there for a long time.
Endless is the complete opposite to that. You only have one live and the difficulty ramps up fast enough to keep one play session nice and short.

Getting into endless today seriously, I got instantly addicted. Stopping at 23,421,775 for the day. Now I will make it a goal to beat my high score every day. Ranked 84 Globally as of this post. EPEEN SIZE = GINORMOUS

If you still need motivation, I just got 25,949,450 on endless.

I need to do a better job at saving bombs and not panicking lol.

BurningNad

If you still need motivation, I just got 25,949,450 on endless.

I need to do a better job at saving bombs and not panicking lol.
Oh it's so on... When I get home, I'll add you. Then I will play all night. Last night I got up to 19 mil again and going strong with both weapons maxed... But I was exhausted and made some stupid fucking mistakes. I gotta make up for that.

This game is definitely interfering with my trophy whoring :-(

SmokyDave

Start up near und go to Discoveries. When you touch your avatar you'll see a list of games you recently played. Next to Stardust should be a present icon if you can send it item.
As soon as you start the near update it will be send automatically.

Ah, cheers man!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Tomorrow will mark the 1 month anniversary of my 3G promotion. I was hoping to see my code for the game by now >>

test_account

XP-39C²
Thought i give some tips on arcade high scores:

- These two things might be quite obvious, but i'd thought it is worth mentioning anyway. Try to boost through as many points as possible in one boost. When you're at 10x multiplier, boosting through 10 points will give you 550,000 points. Also, try to boost through multiply of enemies. I am not sure if this gives you any extra points, but it will mean that you clear the levels faster, which means more bonus seconds/points :)

- This might also be quite obvious, but when you get a shield pickup when you already have a shield equipped, try to "lure" this shield pickup into an area with a lot of rocks/enemies since then the shield pickup works like a free bomb. If the shield pickup is far away from anything, then there isnt much need to waste time luring the shield anywhere. It would just mean that you use a longer time to complete the level.

- It is possible to get a 9x multiplier at the end of the first planet (and a 8x multiplier just at the end of wave 4 on the first planet).

- This isnt directly score related, but when destroying the first asteroids on the first planet, try to collect the weapons as fast as possible. This way it is possible to get maybe 8-10 weapon powerups to begin with.

- When playing on normal difficulty level, try to get the super multiplier bonus at the end of wave 4 on Sekora (the 2nd planet). This was you will get a 30x multiplier in the bonus instead of 10x.

- As above, the same goes for at the boss at Mahler (the 3rd planet). Try to get the super multiplier bonus when your done with the boss (when he drops all that stardust), then you get 30x multiplier instead of 10x. This is also on normal difficulty level.

- It might be possible to do this on the bosses on the 4th and 5th planet as well. I've seen the super multiplier bonus in the down left corner there, but i havnt had enough stardust to "release" it after the bosses have been killed.

- It is usually (?) said that when trying to get a high score, then dont use any bombs. I agree with this, however, in some cases it is possible to clear out some areas much faster by using a bomb. This means that you get more seconds as a bonus after the wave has ended. I havnt done any research on where it might be wise to use bombs though, but it could be a tactic that can lead to more points.

SmokyDave

k cool. Still 50/50 about getting this since I'm not a big twin stick person, but I enjoyed the PS3 version.

If you enjoyed the PS3 version, I'd say it was a no-brainer. I think the Vita version is possibly even better than the PS3 version.

Easy for me to say though, it ain't my money.

legbone

heads up guys. i got my code from att for my free copy today. i signed up for their service on the 15th of last month and here it is the 15th of this month. so keep checking your emails.

Top Bottom