• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Delta (Vita) |OT| How to Refine Perfection

Absolutely amazed by this game... I mean, I can't really find fault in it. I played this for at least two hours last night and was continually impressed by how visually stunning it looked and how smooth it was. When the OP says it never drops a frame, it really never drops a frame. I tried breaking it a bit last night by doing as much stuff as possible around as much particles as possible and just couldn't get a rate drop.

Control wise, the game is absolutely perfect. I tried picking up and playing the PSP Super Stardust and almost threw my PSP in frustration because it didn't have two sticks. They did the best they could, but really, those two sticks on the Vita are the most important addition they could have made.

It feels like I am carrying around Super Stardust HD wherever I go... this is awesome!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just an update on the bundle via PSN error, from Housemarque's twitter:

Installation issues with Super Stardust Delta? The problem involves Sony's servers, they have been notified. Nothing we can do but wait.

Sorry to shit up the thread, chubigans, but I wanted others to know it's an issue in case they purchase the bundle. Hopefully Sony will have it straightened out soon.

krumble

Have it on my JPN vita account and must say it's probably my most played as its quick and easy to pick up if you just have a few minutes.. I'm crap at it though lol

Syn23

I think it's a discount.
The only thing I'm worried about is that you will only be able to use it to purchase the game and not the bundle game+DLC. If that's the case, the situation will be:
Game 10$
DLC 8$
Game+DLC 15$

And, with the 5$ discount:
Game 5$
Game+DLC 13$ (5$+8$)

I hope it's not like this.
(also, I'm not sure prices are right, I can't find any official source for euro prices)

Jaroof

This game is amazing.
Controls great, graphics are very bright and clear, and it's pretty addictive, just like HD :D

Holy-- I just looked at the high scores, and #1-105 are all people from Japan O_O.
#106 is a dude from the US.
Wowee.
Then again, Japan has had this game longer than the US did.

Oh, and one minor complaint:
Everytime I put the game down, and pick it up later, I had the bad habit of having my fingers on the back touchpad.. and when I unpaused it, I would almost always waste a black hole. >_>
Seems way too easy to use them.

Jaroof

Just wait till next week... :D

Haha..
I could probably make it near the top 150 or so.
I remember when Super Stardust HD first came out, I played it so much I was in like.. the top 60, I think?
It took a lot of time and concentration, though.. About three straight playthroughs >_>
Don't know if I feel like trying that again.

Xander51

This game is fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better sequel to Super Stardust HD. I'm glad it has been near the top of the Top Downloads list since release.

test_account

XP-39C²
Haha..
I could probably make it near the top 150 or so.
I remember when Super Stardust HD first came out, I played it so much I was in like.. the top 60, I think?
It took a lot of time and concentration, though.. About three straight playthroughs >_>
Don't know if I feel like trying that again.
What is cool with SSHD leaderboard is that you have the option to see which position that was your highest. Does anyone know if Stardust Vita also has this option?

So I switched the controls so black holes was no longer the rear touch, and my god this game is amazing. I am even loving all the little mini-games that it came with. I also picked up the DLC and it is fantastic. Endless is just so good. There is no doubt in my mind that this game is the Vitas killer app. Sony needs to do a better job marketing this in the US, because there is no other handheld game that is close to this.

Jonnyram

The final level of this is simply mind-blowing. You can't let your guard down for a second.
Also, looks like there are two difficulty modes harder than hard?

Bebpo

Banned
What's the problem with the bundle version? I bought that one but haven't played the game in depth and don't even know what the DLC does.

krumble

I went back to the store and it was available to buy again - which I did and downloaded and all working

now if I'm listening to my own music it drowns out the sound effects from the game, any way to change that? (ie lower the music volume so I can hear more sound effects from the game - as the in game sound doesn't affect it, and outside the game I cant find how to do it either without turning the sound down completely) - perhaps its been a long day and Im just really dumb right now!!!

maxte

Awesome. I just got 99th place in the world (i think?) for overall score.

I played in casual so I guess it shouldn't count.

I'm really annoyed with this whole Stardust bundle situation. Still can't install the game, still waiting on a refund. Called Sony a few times and they have no answers as to when it's going to get fixed. I'm just so put off by this, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

Reclaimer

This game is amazing.
Controls great, graphics are very bright and clear, and it's pretty addictive, just like HD :D

Holy-- I just looked at the high scores, and #1-105 are all people from Japan O_O.
#106 is a dude from the US.
Wowee.
Then again, Japan has had this game longer than the US did.

Oh, and one minor complaint:
Everytime I put the game down, and pick it up later, I had the bad habit of having my fingers on the back touchpad.. and when I unpaused it, I would almost always waste a black hole. >_>
Seems way too easy to use them.

I changed all the touch controls to use the physical buttons. Soooo much better. x for bomb, square for misels, circle for black hole.

Also locked the camera at medium. Does anyone actually use the gyro tilt?

i would have preferred they include a classic mode that lets you have the rock crusher back. simply fire and ice is too drastic of a cut back regardless of the balance issue as justification. had it been 4 or 5 weapons cut down to 3, it would be different.

KalBalboa

Banned
Anyone having an issue with some highscores not uploading? I just got 20,000,000+ in arcade, and after ten minutes it's still not showing under High Scores.

BHK3

Banned
i would have preferred they include a classic mode that lets you have the rock crusher back. simply fire and ice is too drastic of a cut back regardless of the balance issue as justification. had it been 4 or 5 weapons cut down to 3, it would be different.

Wait, there's only Ice crusher and gold melter in the game? They took out Rock Crusher?

Wait, there's only Ice crusher and gold melter in the game? They took out Rock Crusher?
They did, but I don't miss it. Especially since they took the mechanic of having to change weapon types much more integral to the gameplay. It's simpler because there are only two, and I'm glad it's limited to those.

But my God, this game looks amazing on the OLED screen and it plays perfectly too. It took me awhile to clue in on picking up the little green flying bits in order to up my multiplier, but after that I was gold. Barring the dlc, this game is easily worth 10 bucks.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any difference on playing arcade on casual or normal? Besides the obvious difference in difficulty of course. If you get just as many points on casual, and that the leaderboard have no seperate listing for casual and normal, what is the point on playing on normal? Well, besides adding extra challenge to the gameplay :)

Anyone having an issue with some highscores not uploading? I just got 20,000,000+ in arcade, and after ten minutes it's still not showing under High Scores.
It takes time before it registers, not sure how long it takes. I'm pretty sure it was like this on the PS3 version as well.

But yeah, i have some issues as well regarding registering the highscore. When Stardust is played, it cuts the Wifi connection. When i go back to the menu and click on highscore, it wont connect again, it just says "please wait.." and then i get an error message after a while. I have to suspend the game and open the friends list or something, so that i get connected to PSN, then unsuspend Stardust again, and then select highscore.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I downloaded it last night ($9.99). Put a huge smile on my face playing it.

Now, if I am to buy the DLC, how much will it cost since I bought the $9.99 version without the DLC bundled?

Oppo

Anyone know if the Orchestral soundtrack from the PS3 version is available in Delta?

I loved that music.

test_account

XP-39C²
I 100%'ed the main game earlier tonight :) I will probably never 100% on the DLC package though. Getting 99x multiplyer in that boosting mode is damn hard for me. I cant keep the ship straight to hit everything. Getting 15 bombs is also pretty though, but at least that i can do.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I cannot wait, I have the 3g with the promotion so I have to wait but I'm a beast on the PS3 counterpart, cannot wait for me to beast on the vita :D

Agent X

I just purchased the game, and am downloading it now.

It takes time before it registers, not sure how long it takes. I'm pretty sure it was like this on the PS3 version as well.

Super Stardust HD on PS3 posted the scores practically instantly. On the other hand, Super Stardust Portable on PSP usually took 5-10 minutes to refresh the online scoreboards.

Loveeeeee this game.

Just got all trophies on the main game. Tomorrow, I'll be purchasing the DLC.

Unlocked hardcore a few moments ago. Will be concentrating on that in a few...but first, I need a break, lol.

If anyone wants some more competition, feel free to add me: Hispanicguy

I've got a question about the Near functions of Super Stardust Delta. I got a message today that I unlocked a goodie from someone in my friendslist. It was a soundtrack song for Stardust. But, I can't find the song, and I have no idea if I can send a goodie?

I've got a question about the Near functions of Super Stardust Delta. I got a message today that I unlocked a goodie from someone in my friendslist. It was a soundtrack song for Stardust. But, I can't find the song, and I have no idea if I can send a goodie?

Each near i game good item for SSD is part of soundtrack. You have to unlock every song in a particular soundtrack to access it. I've unlocked both he Retro and Arcade soundtracks. I'm still working on the Orchestral soundtrack with 3 of 9 songs unlocked.

maxte

To send a goodie you would have to unlock a song yourself to send to someone else. A good way to check if you have sent one is to go into near and check if you have a present next to stardust under your name in out and about. If you click it, it would say something like "gift already sent."

Top Bottom