• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
Wait a fucking second. If Deadly Double becomes an ultra...

Capture and Deadly Blow, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, jab Dash Punch xx Deadly Double?
If only the SF4 juggle system wasn't so lame

Wiseblade

God's Beard said:
Wait a fucking second. If Deadly Double becomes an ultra...

Capture and Deadly Blow, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, EX Dash Punch, jab Dash Punch xx Deadly Double?

Dat scaling

LakeEarth said:
Then you could juggle Deadly Double into yet another dash punch. Though in 3s, EX dash punch would only allow the juggle once so you couldn't do it 4 times in a row.
I'm pretty sure you could EX Dash Punch successively, but it was an extremely tight link. Unless I'm going insane, I remember doing it.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
I'm pretty sure you could EX Dash Punch successively, but it was an extremely tight link. Unless I'm going insane, I remember doing it.
Not sure, though I'm 100% sure command grab into jab dash overhead into EX dash punch wouldn't allow for any followup.

LakeEarth said:
Not sure, though I'm 100% sure command grab into jab dash overhead into EX dash punch wouldn't allow for any followup.

I just tested it, and successive EX Dash Punches are definitely possible, but each one takes over half a bar of super meter, which is why nobody does it.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Who I would have wanted in the game

Alex
Rolento
Elena
Karin
Oni from Slammasters (Ortega or Scorpion work here too)
Sodom
Birdie- completes the SFA2 cast (Charlie=Guile for that)

People have a lot of bizzare reasonings for wanting certain characters.

"this guy looks cool"
"there aren't enough girls in the game"
"dat ass"
"we need more SF1 characters"
"we need more SFA2 characters"
"Alex is the main character lol"
"gill is responsible for everything! he needs to be in!"

I'd rather just have characters with unique movesets.

Q
Urien
Twelve
Rolento
...Oro?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
God's Beard said:
People have a lot of bizzare reasonings for wanting certain characters.

"this guy looks cool"
"there aren't enough girls in the game"
"dat ass"
"we need more SF1 characters"
"we need more SFA2 characters"
"Alex is the main character lol"
"gill is responsible for everything! he needs to be in!"

To be fair, a lot of SF2 chars are bad designs- such as Honda and Blanka. (and yeah one of those chars is sorta my main, but he's still a sucky design)

LakeEarth

Now Oro in SF4 might be interesting. How broken a double-jump would be in a game where anti-airs are so important? He also has really good pokes, a launcher, and has 2-supers-in-one like Gen. Though his infinite wouldn't work, as SFIV does not allow for 3s-style unblockables.

Having just beaten the CPU in 3s with Q, all of my anti-Q speak should not be listened to.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
arstal said:
To be fair, a lot of SF2 chars are bad designs- such as Honda and Blanka. (and yeah one of those chars is sorta my main, but he's still a sucky design)

SF2 characters meant to be stereotypical. It was great design in old time but now the time has changed a lot. :D

ALMOST AN HOUR TO GO!

hitsugi

LakeEarth said:
Now Oro in SF4 might be interesting. How broken a double-jump would be in a game where anti-airs are so important? He also has really good pokes, a launcher, and has 2-supers-in-one like Gen. Though his infinite wouldn't work, as SFIV does not allow for 3s-style unblockables.

Having just beaten the CPU in 3s with Q, all of my anti-Q speak should not be listened to.

no s.MP -> stomp chain = no oro. fuck that D:

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
IntelliHeath said:
SF2 characters meant to be stereotypical. It was great design in old time but now the time has changed a lot. :D

ALMOST AN HOUR TO GO!

Talking gameplay design not character design.

I mean, I like Brian Battler and Lucky Glauber.

LakeEarth said:
Now Oro in SF4 might be interesting. How broken a double-jump would be in a game where anti-airs are so important?

I dunno, doesn't sound any worse than other stuff we already have. Ibuki has 3 different jumps, Anyone with dive kicks can change direction in mid air, Akuma can stop his jumps, etc.

I think Twelve's air dash would be a bigger problem. God I love playing as Twelve.

LakeEarth

hitsugi said:
no s.MP -> stomp chain = no oro. fuck that D:
Well that combo would still work, just the super-fireball/cross-up wouldn't work. You could also do some unblockable stuff with his EX fireball too. But the more that I think about it, the more I like the thought of Oro in the SF4 engine. Multi-direction fireballs, great pokes, good stun potential, fricken double-jump, useful supers, 'uppercut' like move on wakeup, the s.MP -> stomp chain gains meter like a motherfucker. They'd probably nerf some of that, like they nerfed Dudley's uppercut.

He wasn't that popular though, so I doubt he's one of the 7.

arstal said:

Blanka with the whole "punishable on hit lol" thing is questionable indeed, but I don't see the problem with Honda.

KAL2006

Banned
KAL2006 said:
this is how I think the characters will be announced

Comicon - Alex, Rolento
Loke Test 2 - Hugo, R.Mika
Loke Test 3 - Elena, Charlie
Surprise announcement - Q

All these characters are the ones that were released for PSN as avatars. At Comicon there are 2 empty slots, so one 2 characters announced for Comicon, but there is space for 6 slots, the other characters will be announced in each Loketest. Q, the 7th character will be a secret character who is selectable by pressing down on the random cursor.

I don't know if this is old but I seen this
http://www.ps3gen.fr/super-street-fighter-iv-2-nouveaux-personnages-reveles-actualite-12049.html
This is still rumour by the way, if this does come out true then I can say my original quoted post has been right so far

XenoRaven

Gah! I'm about to get on a plane and my phone won't display those images. Someone rehost them in the next 5 minutes so I don't have to wait!

h3ro

XenoRaven said:
Gah! I'm about to get on a plane and my phone won't display those images. Someone rehost them in the next 5 minutes so I don't have to wait!

Bah I can't see them either. HALP.

CPS2

LakeEarth said:
Well that combo would still work...

I think with the way juggles work in S/SF4, it's REALLY unlikely they'd let that chicken combo still work. Same deal with Urien too, I'd love to see him added, but his tackle and headbutt juggles would be very very different.

I mainly want those characters added because their projectiles are not like anything currently in SSF4. Dhalsim makes the game a lot more interesting with his ultra 1 for instance, which is probably the closest to a normal yagyou super.

LakeEarth

CPS2 said:
I think with the way juggles work in S/SF4, it's REALLY unlikely they'd let that chicken combo still work. Same deal with Urien too, I'd love to see him added, but his tackle and headbutt juggles would be very very different.
If they do include him, I'd hope they'd figure out some way to get it to work for at least 2 cycles.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Holy Order Sol said:
Blanka with the whole "punishable on hit lol" thing is questionable indeed, but I don't see the problem with Honda.

Both those chars tend to force very boring matchups.

Honda in SF4 is a much better HOnda in terms of being interesting to play against then ST/HDR Honda. Blanka's more lame in SF4, and not as bad in HDR though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
MoxManiac said:
So is the announcement going to be both those empty SSF4 slots and the new game?

from what ono said in twitter, he have more than two announcements. I think two is big deal and other might be new arcade stick since markman is there.

SSFIV1Alex.jpg

SSFIV2rolly.jpg

Wallach said:
Fail, DBJ. Fail.
Eh?
Just posting the images from the link that Xeno didn't see. Unless something different is showing and my cache is acting up.

And jumping on the Street Fighter train with IV, Alpha looks so cheap to me.

Oh snaps. Tournament mode to be useful?

I'll pay 400 ms points for Bison with a cape Capcom.

Hopefully Capcom never sees this post.

And they have Blanka with a cape. =/

Myomoto

Imm0rt4l said:
official tournaments using tournament mode? wack.

They've been talking about this since it came out. They want to give out unique titles for winners.

Edit: Oh snap, son! More costumes coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom