• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

Or the great endgame Korrasami style romance!

Hopefully a bit more developed than that. But yeah, I think Lena is still the only other character Kara has shown ANY chemistry with other than Clark.

What is it with Melissa and Grant, and their inability to spark with their more plot-appropriate love interests?

Sarah and Oliver do not have this issue at all.

Toa TAK

Banned
That was a fun episode. I was actually *kinda* psyched to see Cyborg Superman again. But here's hoping we get the real Metallo design back.

Lena is still staying the most interesting character on the show. Whatever they're planning with her, I'm eager to see how it'll end up.

Isn't Maggie part of the science police? What the hell is she doing arresting Lena?

The crime is smuggling a Kryptonite battery to a cyborg mercenary allowing him to break out the mastermind of a terrorist ring that targeted aliens with an extraterrestrial bio weapon. Well within Science Police jurisdiction.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh wow Myx is handsome like Smallville version :p best show ever.

Also is the Lena scene teasing
Checkmate?

That would be insanely badass and be better for her character than a heel turn. But knowing how this show tends to adapt things, I'm doubtful. I'm leaning more of it was just to show that she was smarter than Lex, and a natural strategist. Now if they teased Checkmate too, I'd be ecstatic. Would be a great semi-antagonistic force for the DEO to go against. Maybe they do the same thing but with less regard for the well being of the aliens.

ZeroX03

Banned
An upcoming episode of Arrow is called Checkmate and Guggenheim made sure to clarify it was not referring to DC's Checkmate organization.

Mr. and Mrs. Msyxptlk Promo... looks fun!
AV Club: A-

Episode was good, but it was basically Lena that made it work. She's very fun, has insane chemistry with Kara and looked fabulous in that dress at the end. Really felt like she was going to kiss Kara at the end there but apparently Mon El and Mxyzptlk are a thing ugh. But boy am I sick of them playing coy with whether she's evil or not. Just fucking make a decision and stop dancing around it, I don't want to have this episode for a third time. Also nothing about her screams smarter than Lex but whatever. Funny when Katie McGrath's accent slips too.

Also holy shit at them having a random nobody actor play Lionel. Just like Young Justice it's clear the production team doesn't really have love or deep knowledge of Smallville, but it still felt crazy to me that they'd do that for a character who was so well played by John Glover in the past but whatever. Whenever the show treads the same ground that Smallville went (they even heavily implied a Lex/Clark friendship similar to that show), I feel like they either need to do it better or just avoid it altogether.

Joni

Wynn keeps reminding me of me. I also think pool should be easy, but I'm not good enough at geometry with sticks..

Also holy shit at them having a random nobody actor play Lionel. Just like Young Justice it's clear the production team doesn't really have love or deep knowledge of Smallville, but it still felt crazy to me that they'd do that for a character who was so well played by John Glover in the past but whatever. Whenever the show treads the same ground that Smallville went (they even heavily implied a Lex/Clark friendship similar to that show), I feel like they either need to do it better or just avoid it altogether.

Clark and Lex being childhood friends goes back to the Silver Age, they aren't cribbing from Smallville.

carlsojo

The end chess scene with Lex and Lena was supposed to show Lena is smarter than Lex? Which is pretty huge.

Lena isn't evil or insane like her mother or Lex, but I do think she has a long term plan.

Lena's relationship with her mom reminded me a lot of Wynn and Toyman. So there's some potential bonding there.

T Dollarz

The end chess scene with Lex and Lena was supposed to show Lena is smarter than Lex? Which is pretty huge.

Lena isn't evil or insane like her mother or Lex, but I do think she has a long term plan.

Lena's relationship with her mom reminded me a lot of Wynn and Toyman. So there's some potential bonding there.

Yeah that final scene was really cool and confirmed what I was thinking about her the entire episode.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I'd like to see Lena meet some of the other members of Team Super. This episode made me think that a Lena×James thing could work. At first he's extremely distrustful and then eventually warms up to her. Plus, Jimmy Olsen dating a Luthor and being at the epicenter of danger is a very Jimmy Olsen move.

I'm pretty much down for whatever they do, as long as it isn't "Lena worked for CADMUS all along." That would make zero sense given her private conversations with her mother.

jph139

Man, Lena is the first character on this show that Kara has actual chemistry with, but there's a 0% chance of them actually pairing them up.

Ah well. It's nice to dream.

caliph95

Isn't that how it works in the current DCEU? Some bullshit about designer babies and Clark is the last one, and then Lex used the kryptonian ship to make Doomsday?

Pretty sure Clark was the first natural baby in a while but yeah.

Wasn't sure we are allowed to talk about DCEU.

caliph95

How did they even have babies on Krypton before the natural birth of Clark, anyways? Now that I think about it...

I hope there is a Man of Steel fan but from what i remembered they were basically test tube babies designed for whatever roles they are going to grow up to be like Zod being designed to be a soldier. They probably were natural born it just went out of fashion.

That's not what I got from it. I interpreted it as she's playing a long-term game and likely has been doing from the start. Hence her moving a chess piece on the board after her latest little adventure.

Also, Lex was clearly seen as being nice to her when they were young so I don't imagine she has negative feelings toward him. It may be the case that her public denouncement of him is just a front and she's more like him (in the way she sees Superman and Supergirl) than she lets on.

Or they could just keep on presenting boring and 2 dimensional villains each and every week.

Watching the live wire Episoide, and is Kara forgetting she just met quite a few heroes who don't have super powers.

As far as the those who saw actual combat in the crossover went:

Actually Has Super Powers:

Flash
Supergirl
Firestorm
Steel

No Powers, But Equipment or Artifacts Placing Them on Powered Tier
Atom
Ragman
Vixen

No Powers, Just Skills and Normal to Above-Average Weapons
Green Arrow
Speedy
Spartan
White Canary
Heatwave
Wild Dog
Mr. Terrific

Watching the live wire Episoide, and is Kara forgetting she just met quite a few heroes who don't have super powers.

The difference there being that those universes apparently don't deal with the same number of superhuman threats Kara's universe does, and as soon as they did end up with an alien threat, they called Kara in to help.

ZeroX03

Banned
The difference there being that those universes apparently don't deal with the same number of superhuman threats Kara's universe does, and as soon as they did end up with an alien threat, they called Kara in to help.

Reverse Flash is more of a threat than anyone Kara's faced. She's just being an idiot.

ZeroX03

Banned
Has she met or even heard of Reverse Flash?

Does she think Flash only deals with normal humans? It's dumb of her to think humans can't fight powered threats. She saw it.

The real answer here is the crossovers are usually forgotten in canon pretty quickly and Kara isn't perfect.

Did they ever bring back up that point Kara existed in the DCEU,
thats what I want to know.

Just from a "prequel" comic that was set like 10,000 years before Man of Steel where she's an ancestor and the ship that's found in the movie was the one she was on. Also the origin of the old Wonder Woman rumor/speculation that Amazons would be Kryptonian descendants and possibly the source of some other mythology.

Can we talk about how smokin' hot Lena Luthor is? Please, don't turn her into a dumb villain.

EDIT:

Side note: Can anyone just walk inside and out of the DEO, a top secret government agency?

Finaika

Just from a "prequel" comic that was set like 10,000 years before Man of Steel where she's an ancestor and the ship that's found in the movie was the one she was on. Also the origin of the old Wonder Woman rumor/speculation that Amazons would be Kryptonian descendants and possibly the source of some other mythology.

Wow, so she's damn old.

Toa TAK

Banned
Can we talk about how smokin' hot Lena Luthor is? Please, don't turn her into a dumb villain.

EDIT:

Side note: Can anyone just walk inside and out of the DEO, a top secret government agency?
My man.

Though on that side note: Yes. I'm pretty sure they let anyone into the DEO since day 1.

Wow, so she's damn old.

After reading it I had hoped that she was still alive in the DCCU to show up in MoS 2 (this was also before I saw Man of Steel), revealing Kyrptonians being effectively immortal under a yellow sun and after all that she's seen of humanity kind of excused herself from it (and leading her loss of faith in humanity making her a bit of an antagonist) which probably would've crimped on Amazons and Themyscira too much.

Grizzlyjin

EDIT:

Yeah, she is too fine. Her accent started slipping again in this episode but I ain't even mad at her.

They do seem to let just about anyone in or out of there. Maggie, James, M'gann, they've all just popped in unannounced to chat.

Bluth54

They do seem to let just about anyone in or out of there. Maggie, James, M'gann, they've all just popped in unannounced to chat.

Also Supergirl will often talk to her sister just anywhere in the DEO and say things that could clearly reveal she's related to Alex.

The DEO is probably the worst run secret government agency ever.

Also Supergirl will often talk to her sister just anywhere in the DEO and say things that could clearly reveal she's related to Alex.

It's run by an alien who he killed the last Director (as far as he knew) and impersonated him for years. And, nobody really gave a shit past the initial shock.

Joni

The secret government agency in The Librarians almost caused the apocalypse by unleashing ultimate evil on Earth. The one in Nikita didn't even notice they were working for the bad guys.

caliph95

The secret government agency in The Librarians almost caused the apocalypse by unleashing ultimate evil on Earth. The one in Nikita didn't even notice they were working for the bad guys.

I'm not caught up but The Liberians is also made up of amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom