• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimblim said:
There are some videos on the japanese playstation store, I'm getting them right now.
Devil May Cry 4 Promotion Movie A.mp4
Devil May Cry 4 Promotion Movie B.mp4
If this game goes back to the DMC1 style of pacing with all of the cool shit added in DMC3, I'll be pretty ****in' hyped. Otherwise, I'll only be normally hyped. Either way, bring it on, Blim.

XSamu

Banned
Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
:lol

Itagaki had also said in an older interview that the game he'd work on after DOAX2 would be Ninja Gaiden 2.

He never says things directly, you just have to puzzle a bit with his hints

Dahbomb

MightyHedgehog said:
If this game goes back to the DMC1 style of pacing with all of the cool shit added in DMC3, I'll be pretty ****in' hyped. Otherwise, I'll only be normally hyped. Either way, bring it on, Blim.
It IS going back to DMC1 and DMC3. The cheese from DMC3 will be lowered and the art style amped up with better enemies/bosses like DMC1 and of course all the crazy shit from DMC3 now with REALTIME STYLE SWITCH (I said WOW!) all in one package. And of course multiple playable characters confirmed. This is going to be one WILD RIDE!

Also can XSamu be banned from all DMC4 threads from this point on? Like seriously he has nothing positive to contribute here...

Dahbomb said:
It IS going back to DMC1 and DMC3. The cheese from DMC3 will be lowered and the art style amped up with better enemies/bosses like DMC1 and of course all the crazy shit from DMC3 now with REALTIME STYLE SWITCH (I said WOW!) all in one package. And of course multiple playable characters confirmed. This is going to be one WILD RIDE!

Also can XSamu be banned from all DMC4 threads from this point on? Like seriously he has nothing positive to contribute here...
That's great. I really dug the creepier Castlevania feel of the original best...but I think I already had this discussion with C- Warrior six months ago.

Kangu

Banned
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHEESE CAPCOM. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

Forgive them for They know not what they do.

DMC4 better have 4 times the cheese and it better have the same pacing as DMC3. I don't want to solve your broken ass puzzles Capcom.

Kangu said:

DMC4 better have 4 times the cheese and it better have the same pacing as DMC3. I don't want to solve your broken ass puzzles Capcom.
Ignore this quoted post, Capcom. Well, design better puzzles, anyway.

Dahbomb

Kangu said:

Cheese will still remain but the story will be taken a lot seriously. Of course you will still have Nero free riding enemies and drop kicking Dante in the face plus more shenanigans as well as some standard Dante one-liners.

What you will not have are the WOO-HOOS and 1 minute long missile surfings.

comrade

Dahbomb said:

Real-time style switch? That's going to be ****ing intense.

Dahbomb

comrade said:
Real-time style switch? That's going to be ****ing intense.
**** yea, I was surprised as anyone else when I heard that from Famitsu. I don't know how Capcom will pull it off but my hype for this game has really increased from that snippet of info.

Defuser

Dahbomb said:
Agree,XSamu if you have nothing to talk about DMC4 then just gtfo.

Dahbomb said:
**** yea, I was surprised as anyone else when I heard that from Famitsu. I don't know how Capcom will pull it off but my hype for this game has really increased from that snippet of info.
Devil trigger button is gone so the L1 button is replaced for real time switching?

Kangu

Banned
The Cheese is dead. Long live the Cheese. Newton can rest in peace, Dante will no longer make a mockery of his life's work.

About the video, it was okay. Image quality is astounding, but it's all areas we've already seen, and the game more or less looks on par with Lost Planet graphically. Very clean, very well textured, nice art, but nothing mind blowing.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I hope when you play as dante you Do have devil trigger, that would be awesome, devil arm with nero and trigger with dante FTMFW

Dahbomb

Pureauthor said:
What about using motorcycles as weapons? Will we have that?
Well Nero's sword operates exactly like a motorcycle and you can ride on enemies with it as well as other stuff. I guess Dante could have his own motorcycle as well.

About the video, it was okay. Image quality is astounding, but it's all areas we've already seen, and the game more or less looks on par with Lost Planet graphically. Very clean, very well textured, nice art, but nothing mind blowing.
Um... that is pre-TGS footage. Even the HUD is very old...
Devil trigger button is gone so the L1 button is replaced for real time switching?
DT isn't gone, especially not for Dante who is confirmed to be playable. In fact no one really knows what L1 does but for Nero its assumed to be an Accelerator function.

Kangu

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Um... that is pre-TGS footage. Even the HUD is very old...

Not to get into the old East vs. West debate, but generally speaking, by the time most japanese devs show playable builds of their titles they're more or less graphically feature complete. I don't expect there'll be much improvement at all, like there wasn't for Lost Planet, Blue Dragon, RR6, RR7, and pretty much any game that fits the profile.

vissione

Banned
It's funny that I beat DMC3 again the other day and I was thinking "damn it would be nice to be able to mix trickster with royal guard for the ultimate defense maneuvers." Real-time style switching along with real-time gun switching is just bad ass. They'll probably limit it to two styles like with the guns and swords, but that's good enough.

DMC4 going multiplatform was a hard blow, but the game itself will still be awesome. Can't wait.

Kangu

Banned
vissione said:
DMC4 going multiplatform was a hard blow

Why would you ever say this? You can still play the game, it's still being developed by the same team. It's going to be ****ing awesome. DMC4 going multiplataform couldn't possibly be considered a blow to anyone but Sony....

And Ninja Gaiden 2 LOL

Defuser said:
You know DMC4 is multi now,i still hope Capcom add something exclusive in the PS3 version out of respect for Sony....

...Respect?

Uh... I'm not sure I follow.

In fact, if we're going by Capcom standards (like they did with RE4), the X360 version might have more content. :lol

Dahbomb

I doubt any version is going to getting anything completely exclusive especially with the 360 and PS3 versions coming same day. We aren't talking about a 6-8 month wait here... At best you can expect something different in PS3 version and something equivalently different on the 360 version.

Dahbomb

Pureauthor said:
Well, good, less ammo on either side of the fanboy wars.

I wonder how the X360 version controls will feel...
There is still plenty of fanboy ammo to go around...

*I will play the version with rumble, achievements and Live functionality.

*I will play the version that is integrated with Home and have 3D trophies.

*I will play DMC on the console/control its meant to be played.

XSamu

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I make one comment on another game and I say I don't like Dante and I'm already banmaterial? lol

Just saw those video's Blim hosted. It does look quite good, but the faces of the characters could've been much better. I'd love to fight Dante while playing with Nero though. Could be a cool fight.

And where did this game fit in the timeline again?

Pureauthor said:
...Respect?

Uh... I'm not sure I follow.

In fact, if we're going by Capcom standards (like they did with RE4), the X360 version might have more content. :lol

We all know the reason the PS2 version got more content
disc capacity

Dahbomb

XSamu said:
And where did this game fit in the timeline again?
Official timeline:

DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC4 >>>>>>>>> DMC2

DMC2 takes place at an unconfirmed time and place after DMC4. DMC3 is the first game in the series time wise, DMC1 taking place about 10-15 years afterwards and DMC4 taking place about 10 years after that (maybe less, maybe more). DMC2 in reality has no story potency to the DMC universe and is generally skipped because of its generally assiness but DMC3/DMC1 are required playthroughs to understand DMC4.

Hunter D

underfooter said:
This game doesn't look that impressive to me. I mean, the graphics animation have nothing on Lair or Heavenly Sword, and the gameplay looks pretty cut and paste EXACTLY the same. Throw in some vehicles or something.
:lol

The Jason

New scan!!!

979_0001.jpg

http://www.playsyde.com/news_4126_en.html

It shows some new screens of some new moves, and a flaming sword of some sort. The screen in the lower left hand corner looks incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom