• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f@luS

More than a member.
XSamu said:
So the RAW version of the first episode of the Devil May Cry anime has been released. Did any of you guys watch it? Is it any good?

Its a freakin fake, its Blue dragon
How do i know? i wonder (grrrrrrr) :p

Carlisle

I just played (and finished) the DMC4 demo at the Bic Camera in Nagoya this morning. I'll just say this: I'm no longer a skeptic. This game will rock.

Dahbomb

Carlisle said:
I just played (and finished) the DMC4 demo at the Bic Camera in Nagoya this morning. I'll just say this: I'm no longer a skeptic. This game will rock.
That demo is ancient and quite frankly limited as hell in terms of combat. Even the graphics aren't finalized in that version. It gets a hella of a lot better... trust me.

The OP will be updated once Capcom updates site with new info/media. I will however fix the 360/PS3 bit since people are getting ticked off about it. The next update on the OP will be spectacular.

Carlisle said:

You mean the same awesme demo Capcom won't put on ****ing XBL and PSN?

I swear it better be because they are updating the game to such a degree that they don't want to or they are putting together a much larger demo for us.

Mugen

Banned
Dahbomb said:
That demo is ancient and quite frankly limited as hell in terms of combat. Even the graphics aren't finalized in that version. It gets a hella of a lot better... trust me.

The OP will be updated once Capcom updates site with new info/media. I will however fix the 360/PS3 bit since people are getting ticked off about it. The next update on the OP will be spectacular.

Why should we trust you? You're not affiliated with Capcom.

Here is a conference panel with the three main guys doing the motion capture, stunt, cheorography, and voice-over for Nero, Vergil, and Dante in DMC3, DMC3SE, and DMC4.

From left to right:

Johnny Yong Bosch ( Nero, DMC4) (Adam, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) (Adam, Power Rangers Turbo) (Vash the Stampede, Trigun) (Ichigero) (Eureka 7) among many others.

Dan Southworth (Power Rangers Time Force) (Vergil, DMC3) (Vergil, DMC3SE) (Vergil, DMC4) (does a lot of motion capture and stunt work, see super long IMBD list)

Ruebon Langdom (Power Rangers, cheorography) (Dante DMC3) (Dante DMC3SE) (Dante DMC4) (worked with James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, Shimomura, many JPN action films, lots of stunt work, has his own motion capture team and stunt studio. See IMDB for full list.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/B0D3C91CF096475E95A8A761E32C0B70/question-1.aspx

That's question vid response 1. There are 16 question vids uploaded thus far. Select the other vids from the column on the right.
Many of them are funny as ****, check em out :lol :lol

Dahbomb

C- Warrior said:
Dan Southworth (Power Rangers Time Force) (Vergil, DMC3) (Vergil, DMC3SE) (Vergil, DMC4) (does a lot of motion capture and stunt work, see super long IMBD list)
Neither Dan Southworth nor Vergil have yet to be officially confirmed to be back for DMC4.
Yet.

Elios83

Zenith said:
This is just in response to all the people saying DMC4+Lost Planet will look crap on PC, here is DMC4 running in real-time on the PC at TGS. note the totally smooth frame rate.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14076&type=mov&pl=game

It's the opposite actually.
At TGS they showed behind closed doors the boss fight with the fire demon which was not included in the PS3 demo.
It was running on PC and it was running at a really low frame rate,Kobayashi blamed the poor performance on the PC emulator they were using.
That of course doesn't mean the final version won't run smoothly on PC,it's not like Capcom's next gen engine is such extreme with details.

Bebpo

Banned
Dahbomb said:

Doesn't make the demo any less good. It's already better than DMC2!

But I can see why they didn't release it to the public. The demo has a lot of slowdown here and there since it was very early.

AAK

berial_ss05.jpg

berial_ss08.jpg

berial_ss04.jpg

berial_ss02.jpg

berial_ss12.jpg

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
:D :D :D THE HYPE WAS WORTH IT, HIGHLY ABOVE MY EXPECTATIONS

I want this game the most out of all games this year, for 100% sure.
MY GOD, i want a new trailer, and no i do not work for capcom.

JoeFenix

Best part is everyone gets to enjoy it! That way we can all fap over the game and not bitch about it being exclusive anymore.

Next-gen has it's perks! :)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Oh hot steamy wet sex.

Demo plz. And thank God ONE of the style words doesn't suck. Fix the rest Capcom, k?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
WOW! The majority of those shots are just... WOW! And this is only the beginning of the game, can't wait to see what the later stages look like.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
SnakeXs said:
Oh hot steamy wet sex.

Demo plz. And thank God ONE of the style words doesn't suck. Fix the rest Capcom, k?

Thats one of the more important parts of these screens. Like you pointed out, one of the words doesn't suck ass. :lol

Yagharek

Not having played DMC since the first one, can I just say I'm not in the least surprised at how good #4 is looking. Lost Planet and Dead Rising (and RE4, for that matter) were stunning. This looks to be no different.

Are those shots from the PS3 or 360 version, out of interest? (Not a loaded question - I dont doubt Capcoms ability to exceed "shit-hot awesome" levels for an instant.) :)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
All of the old, lame style accolades have been replaced with new badass ones.

For example, Do it! was replaced with Deadly!

Proof that Capcom listens to the fans.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
DantesWrath said:
All of the old, lame style accolades have been replaced with new badass ones.

For example, Do it! was replaced with Deadly!

My dozens of whining sessions, and all the dealing with the "lol duz it matter" = vindicated. :lol

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
DantesWrath said:
And this is exactly why DMC has such a cult following. They give us what we want. Of course they make some choices that a lot of fans may not like (no one is perfect), but in the end they deliver.

TreIII

JoeFenix said:
Best part is everyone gets to enjoy it! That way we can all fap over the game and not bitch about it being exclusive anymore.

Amen to that! To paraphrase that old Xbox slogan "It's good to fap together". :lol

But any way...WOW. That does look good. If what we're seeing Nero do now is this impressive, Dante
and...Vergil?
had better be stepping up their games, or else lil Nero could easily steal the show right underneathe the twin sons of Sparda's noses... :D

raYne

:O Pics look great. I am tired of seeing the same boss over and over however.

JoeFenix said:

You've obviously missed the posts where it was said that it won't be as good as it should be since they'd have to cater to the lowest commom denominator... But all of that should be kept out of this thread and never spoken of again. :lol

Dahbomb

RandomVince said:
Not having played DMC since the first one, can I just say I'm not in the least surprised at how good #4 is looking. Lost Planet and Dead Rising (and RE4, for that matter) were stunning. This looks to be no different.

Are those shots from the PS3 or 360 version, out of interest? (Not a loaded question - I dont doubt Capcoms ability to exceed "shit-hot awesome" levels for an instant.) :)
PS3 version for sure, thats the version demoed at Gamers Day, by PSM3 and by Famitsu from which these images are based off of.

Oh and those images of Berial are GODLY!!!! :D

DMC4 quelling the graphics whores...

berial_ss07.jpg

Real Impact Am Cry total!

XSamu

Banned
It looks so cool, but after playing DMC3 I want a demo of this to confirm my feelings. I wont buy it before trying it.

XSamu

Banned
FootNinja said:
dmc3 wasnt amazing?

To each his own opinion.. i guess :(
Yeah each his own opinion.
C- Warrior said:
Don't trip, Xmasu has been trolling this official thread for over 10 pages now. You'll get used to it junior :)
Xmasu? lol
Anyway I wasn't trolling, I was sharing my opinion on the game Not everyone has to love the game you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom