• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 8 |OT|- Meet the New Boss. Now on Wednesday Nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Dean kinda goes evil in season 7 eh?

I mean he's always been shaky morally, but he pulls some down right soulless stuff this season. Just watched The Girl Next Door.

Might be my love of Jewel Staite.

Ezalc

As bad as the last 2 season were (in comparison to 1-5, it was still better than most of the shit on network TV). The ending of season 7 does set up for some great stuff.

1. How did Dean get our of Purgatory.
2. If Dean got out did other stuff follow him (This is a mechanism that can bring back previous characters like Amy, Gordon, Dean's Daughter, ect)
3. Since we get the creator of Trickster/Gabe as the show runner hopefully we get another trickster episode and maybe an explanation of what happens to angels when they die. Could also bring back Anna and Raphael.

Really hoping 2 and 3 come true.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Rewatching the show with my girlfriend who's seeing it for the first time. I stopped about a third of the way through season seven so I'm looking forward to catching up even if the last couple seasons have been incredibly meh so far. Rewatching six now and it's amazing just how different it feels from the others.

Kevin

We going to get some more Garth this season?

Yes he will be back. Some spoilers regarding some of the more humorous content to expect this season:

Tyler: I'll take anything you've got on Supernatural!

Prepare for Supernatural…as a cartoon show. Kind of. "What happens when you find yourself living in a cartoon universe? That's a lot of fun," showrunner Jeremy Carver says of an upcoming episode, but notes that it will not be animated. "It deals with cartoon physiques in the real world," he explains. Another fun one to look forward to is "an episode that deals pretty heavily and fun-ly with the LARPing universe, different from the way we've dealt with it in the past."

also some details regarding a character that sounds a bit interesting to me:

Question: You’ve been skimping on the Supernatural scoopage lately. What’s in store for Sam and Dean? —Jordan Ausiello:

Kevin the prophet’s mom (played by Lauren Tom) resurfaces in the Oct. 10 episode and, per exec producer Jeremy Carver, her presence “gives the boys, in an odd way, a bit of a mother figure that they haven’t had for a long time. It’s a fun dynamic. It can be a rather moving dynamic at times also. And of course, it also gives you a fourth wheel in the car that you’ve got to deal with.”

A bunch of journalists already seen the premiere. You can see their thoughts here (ton of spoilers so beware):

http://supernaturalfansonline.com/2012/10/03/supernatural-season-premiere-early-reviews/#more-7656

Finally Zap2It tells us what they thought of the premiere:

On Monday, Zap2it got a sneak peek at the first episode of “Supernatural” Season 8 — and we loved it.

Get hyped!!! :D

Chairhome

Interview with Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer. Slightly spoilerish (dealing with some "themed episodes") but I don't think it really deals with story except for some light stuff about the first episode. I still stopped reading though. i did read this, though (regarding the themed episodes this season)
True to seasons past, Carver confirmed lighthearted episodes are in the works. “We’re doing an episode dealing with what happens when you find yourself living in a cartoon universe. It will not be animated but it deals with cartoon physics in a real world. We will be doing an episode dealing heavily and fun-ly with the LARPing universe.” He added jokingly, “One can only hope for a musical episode, but no immediate hopes.”

Carver explained the scenario of a standalone “found-footage” episode, saying, “It’s unlike any episode this show has ever done before.”

Singer agreed, adding, “For 95 percent of this show you’re living within this found footage. They are in it unknowingly, so it’s crazy. It’s really a good episode and compelling with some great guest stars. It features college kids dealing with a situation gone awry.”

I love this show.

Major thanks for this thread or I wouldn't even know to watch out for it tonight. I'm very excited for this now that Jeremy Carver is back, can't wait!!

gdt

I totally didn't keep up with the last two seasons. Might hop back on.

Should've ended with S5 though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I see that
Jim Beaver's twitter
is listed under "the rest of the crew" in the OP. Is it confirmed that
Bobby will have an extended role this season, or are they leaving him dead?

I see that
Jim Beaver's twitter
is listed under "the rest of the crew" in the OP. Is it confirmed that
Bobby will have an extended role this season, or are they leaving him dead?

Not sure. I just left it in there from the last OP.

bndadm

Just started watching this show seriously this year, caught up on seasons 1-2, half way through 3. But I've sadly been spoiled on everything ahead so I will be tuning in tonight.

Fantastic cast, great mythology, lots of energy. Subscribed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just started watching this show seriously this year, caught up on seasons 1-2, half way through 3. But I've sadly been spoiled on everything ahead so I will be tuning in tonight.

Fantastic cast, great mythology, lots of energy. Subscribed.

No no no.

Watch Season 4 and 5. There is no other way. You HAVE to watch Seasons 4 and 5 even if it' been spoiled for you.

bndadm

No no no.

Watch Season 4 and 5. There is no other way. You HAVE to watch Seasons 4 and 5 even if it' been spoiled for you.

Oh make no mistake, I will be! I just won't be putting the current season on hold until I catch up.

Side note - Anyone own any seasons on blu-ray? Curious as to the quality, as the show looks sharp on Netflix's HD.

Rarity

I really liked how S5 ended, so I haven't seen anything past that. I'm not sure if I should watch S6-7, but if Jeremy Carver's in charge now, I might just jump in this season.

ivysaur12

Banned
Season 6 was so bad. I stopped about 3 episodes into season 7 because of how disappointed I was. I know that Gamble is gone, but I'd rather wait to see what happens with 8 before I commit to finishing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
question
is it wrong that i hope that felicia days character was killed at the end of her appearance, so we never have to see that character again?

Somnia

question
is it wrong that i hope that felicia days character was killed at the end of her appearance, so we never have to see that character again?

128832866084308487.jpg

Get outta here!

Interesting premise for this season. Are they really going to go big and destroy all demons? That would definitely be an endgame scenario if this was the last season, but...

alazz

TWO classic rock tracks?? I can't wait, but in the meantime I can indeed finish some homework to keep myself occupied.

Kevin is pretty rad. At the very least, season 7 gave us Garth and Kevin. I liked the witches episode in 7 a lot, too. That was goofy fun.

Solid enough start. I'm interested in where they go with Dean and his Purgatory soulmate. I appreciated that it was Dean this time dragging Sam back into the life. I hope they deliver on this Gates of Hell storyline. It would be interesting to see what they could do if they didn't have demons to rely on.

bndadm

This ep would have been so much better had both brothers not already been to hell

Yeah, that was one of the really "come on?" moments of the episode. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you?" Unless they have something truly surprising in store, that comes off as kind of hokey.

I thought overrall it was solid, but the flashbacks were a bit clumsy (Sam's at least). Obviously they have not spelled everything out so with more context it might seem more compelling.

Supernatural seems to be one of the best in carrying on lingering effects and not just shrugging off season finales. I look forward to the road ahead as both brothers try and find their futures.

Plus anytime I hear Wisconsin in a sci-fi show, I get happy.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I hope dean holds on to his monster hunter blade for the series. That decap scene was badass. Crowley also proving why he was not to be fucked with, and kevin showing some potential, but I'm getting a feeling shit is gonna go bad for him in a hurry. And sams new chick... that hero line made me despise her already.

One thing though
isn't sunlight death to vampires?

I kinda hope the fan theory about
Dean being Castiel's vessel is true. He didn't eat or sleep the entire episode (besides a burger), and while this might be wishful thinking on my part, I don't think Dean would ever willingly leave Castiel behind and take a vampire with him instead.

There was a distinct lack of Cas in this episode, but overall it was okay. I too was weirded out by how freaked Dean was though. After being tortured in hell forever, Killing a bunch of dudes should be cake.

alazz

It was okay. Already better than some of the slow stuff from 6 and 7 but not as exciting as the season premieres of the earlier seasons.

I hope dean holds on to his monster hunter blade for the series. That decap scene was badass. Crowley also proving why he was not to be fucked with, and kevin showing some potential, but I'm getting a feeling shit is gonna go bad for him in a hurry. And sams new chick... that hero line made me despise her already.

One thing though
isn't sunlight death to vampires?

Uuugh yes. Guilt-tripping veterinarian is the worst way to introduce a character ever, it seems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom