• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 8 |OT|- Meet the New Boss. Now on Wednesday Nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, guilt tripping vet weirded me out too. A vet would be happy that the dude who hit the dog even brought it in, instead of just driving off like 90% of people do.

Did Crowley get a power boost or something?

He has never been able to do that thing where he made them drop the demon killing knife before. Even when he was threatened by it in the past.

Did Crowley get a power boost or something?

He has never been able to do that thing where he made them drop the demon killing knife before. Even when he was threatened by it in the past.

Seems so..either that or just picked up some new tricks.

I wish they would stop deliberately creating situations to make the brothers not trust each other, argue and etc. I get they have different personalities but it's kind of getting old how they'll trust each other by the end of the season, only to have it break all apart again at the beginning of the next.

Effect

I seem to recall there is a theory out there that Crowley isn't actually a demon. I think this was even brought up at the latest convention where they talked about the new season and they didn't really address it out right or smack it down either. Perhaps this plays into his power boost. Guy can fake dying after all.

Good start to the new season. If the vet is suppose to be Sam's love interest I'm not really that crazy about her yet. Bad first impression, at least for me.

Slayven

I hope dean holds on to his monster hunter blade for the series. That decap scene was badass. Crowley also proving why he was not to be fucked with, and kevin showing some potential, but I'm getting a feeling shit is gonna go bad for him in a hurry. And sams new chick... that hero line made me despise her already.

One thing though
isn't sunlight death to vampires?
Supernatural vamps just get sleepy and weak during the day.

I seem to recall there is a theory out there that Crowley isn't actually a demon. I think this was even brought up at the latest convention where they talked about the new season and they didn't really address it out right or smack it down either. Perhaps this plays into his power boost. Guy can fake dying after all.

A theory I read on Crowley is that he is a fallen angel, which is why he knows Enochian (spelling???) and knew all the symbols to keep angels away and was just a general bamf. I think.

A theory I read on Crowley is that he is a fallen angel, which is why he knows Enochian (spelling???) and knew all the symbols to keep angels away and was just a general bamf. I think.

He is also the King of Hell now, which means he's probably got some shiny new powers since he's the boss demon.

Effect

He is also the King of Hell now, which means he's probably got some shiny new powers since he's the boss demon.

There is that of course but he's never actually shown any demonic traits that the other demons have in the show I believe. Even before he became King of Hell.

That vet needs to spend less time with small animals, her understanding of human emotion seems to be very limited.

Why am I getting worked up over a fictional character? ._.

Slayven

Sam has terrible choices in woman

Oh and when Kevin did his "my girl was just killed by a demon speech", Dean should have said with a straight face "now you and Sammy have something to drink lattes and bond over, now man up!!!"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Sam has terrible choices in woman

Oh and when Kevin did his "my girl was just killed by a demon speech", Dean should have said with a straight face "now you and Sammy have something to drink lattes and bond over, now man up!!!"

Exactly what I thought of when he said it.

It makes me wish the kitsune was still around.

now I know there's a place called Kermit in Texas. how cool is that? would be great if towns in the UK had cool names like that.

The episode was the definition of meh. Hoping they turn it around this season, but with no Bobby or Castiel I just don't see it.

Booser

Started off well with Dean resurrecting a vampire in Louisiana. What followed was 30 minutes of not much happening. I love this Benny character already. He could be the new Castiel in how popular he could be with the fans. Hope things pick up though, some of the future episode descriptions should really promising.

A secret demon pal for one of the brothers... again.

I think this time it's more interesting, though, because for seven seasons Dean has been the one who says no alliances with monsters. You can't trust demons. And so on. He even killed the kitsune behind Sam's back. And now? He's palling around with a vampire. It's an interesting change and it really highlights how far Dean had to go to survive purgatory.

I really hope they continue to go more into what happened in purgatory because it's a whole lot different than the brothers' trips to hell, where instead of basically being trapped and tortured until another force brought them out, Dean was actually fighting to escape himself.

Also...what happens when you kill something in purgatory?

Should I bother watching the seventh season guys, or just jump into this? I watched and loved season 1-5, was pretty "meh" on most of season 6 (couple really good episodes in there though), don't know if I want to trudge through 7 or not though, especially if it doesn't have much Cas as I've heard.

Series seven was good, much better than series six and I think you should watch it. It has one of the funniest episodes they've done for a while.

I'm hoping this arc pans out better than the leviathan disappointment.

now I know there's a place called Kermit in Texas. how cool is that? would be great if towns in the UK had cool names like that.

I'm pretty sure we - in the UK - have some pretty fascinating place names.

Good start to the new season. If the vet is suppose to be Sam's love interest I'm not really that crazy about her yet. Bad first impression, at least for me.

Aren't [most] demons just corrupted human souls? It is pretty impressive that despite not being around for that long Crowley has managed to beat out the other demons and become king of hell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's what I kind of was expecting. When Dean was talking with Benny, I was half-waiting for the corpses on the ground to regenerate and they'd kill them again before taking off.

They probably respawn at a set point if they do at all. Like in a video game.

skipped last season, and no problem jumping to this season. not a bad episode considering I was wanting more after that cliffhanger

Sam intentionally hit that dog so he can bring that dog to that vet and hook up.

Should I bother watching the seventh season guys, or just jump into this? I watched and loved season 1-5, was pretty "meh" on most of season 6 (couple really good episodes in there though), don't know if I want to trudge through 7 or not though, especially if it doesn't have much Cas as I've heard.

Some Episodes are worth watching for S7:
E01 - Meet the new Boss
E02 - Hello, Cruel World
E09 - How to win Friends and Influence Monsters
E10 - Death's Door

I'm hoping this arc pans out better than the leviathan disappointment.

Just the fact that Crowley is the big baddie should be good. I just want the series to be done with the Brothers angst against each other for various reasons. For fuck's sake, just go kill some monsters.

New Castiel info from EW:

I’m still reeling from last week’s season premiere of Supernatural. But the one thing that has left me with a pit of fear in my stomach is this mystery surrounding Cas. (Seriously, how creepy was Dean while talking about it in the cabin? Love!) But as Misha Collins told a group of journos during a set visit to Vancouver, whatever transpired in Purgatory between the two of them started off as an act of penance for Cas.
“[Cas] left Dean because he wanted to try to keep him safe,” he says. “[Cas] being around is actually a liability in Purgatory, and he’s working to try to right the wrongs of his past doings.”

Episodes 7 and 8 will reveal much much more on that front as well as enlighten the audience about Cas’ arc for the season that involves a big threat, says Collins. “There’s something going on with Cas that neither Cas nor the brothers know. Cas is sort of being manipulated behind the scenes and he’s not aware of that and neither are the boys,” he says. “We’ll see how that affects their relationship in the long run.”

Meanwhile, when will we learn Cas’s thoughts on Dean’s new vampire buddy Benny? Soon. And let’s just say they all won’t likely be sharing beers any time soon. “He’s wary of Benny from the get-go, and I think that he then is possibly a bit jealous too of the friendship or camaraderie that happens between Dean and Benny,” he says. “You know, Cas doesn’t have a lot of other friends in Purgatory.”

Just the fact that Crowley is the big baddie should be good. I just want the series to be done with the Brothers angst against each other for various reasons. For fuck's sake, just go kill some monsters.

Yeah, I think after seven seasons I'd love a season where the brothers weren't keeping some sort of secret from the other. They're brothers, they're family, enough of the manufactured drama to keep them at odds.

Really enjoyed the first episode, aside from Sam's flashbacks. Music is back! (Man in the wilderness is one of my favorite songs) Fun fact: Styx did a cover of locomotive breath.

Nice to see they have a focus for this season, but where's Cas!? Also interested to see where Dean's relationship with the vamp goes.

Looking forward to tonight.

Wow. Only episode 2 and I'm liking it a lot better than the last two seasons.

Mama Tran was/is badass. And Cas... Too many feelings.

Sighs deeply.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow. Only episode 2 and I'm liking it a lot better than the last two seasons.

Mama Tran was/is badass. And Cas... Too many feelings.

Sighs deeply.

Christ, this thing with Cass makes me feel like I'm watching Casshern Sins what with all the FEELS.

She's okay. He should have married the first Ruby. But hey... Different strokes.

Jensen wins when it comes to the hot wife contest.

danneel-harris-bikini-maxim-06.jpg

danneel-harris-bikini-maxim-05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom