• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl Rumors – What's True, What's False, and What's Unconfirmed

Lightning

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
That pretty much narrows it down to a few games.
It's obviously MGS4 or FFXIII. No other 3rd party PS3 exclusive matters. I'd say MGS4 because Skaterboi clearly talks about "Timed Exclusive".

beerbelly

Banned
Lightning said:
It's obviously MGS4 or FFXIII. No other 3rd party PS3 exclusive matters. I'd say MGS4 because Skaterboi clearly talks about "Timed Exclusive".

1 DVD, 1 language, no extra content/documentary. Believe.

Salazar

I fucking love defections, though - irrespective of what does or does not happen with this thing. GAF = HFRO

Dr. Ryan: Ramius might be trying to defect.
General: Oh come on! You're just an analyst! What could you possibly know what goes on in his mind?
Dr. Ryan: I KNOW RAMIUS, General. He's nearly a legend in the submarine community. He's been a maverick his entire career. I actually met him once at an embassy dinner. Have you ever met Captain Ramius, General?

Awesome script. Mind-meltingly awesome.

http://www.moviesounds.com/redoct.html

DuckRacer

So, um, Skaterboy, the same blogger who steals Surfer Girl's rumors and on the day before GDC said Goldeneye for XBLA will be unveiled at GDC, is saying something that's really vague, unlikely, and will take at least an entire year to prove.

If my eyes rolled any harder they'd pop out of my damn head.

Das-J

Law of the West
Lightning said:
I'd say MGS4 is WAY more likely than FFXIII. That's for sure.

Well sure, but after the 50GB comment released yesterday I'd say it probably isn't going to happen.

justjohn

would anyone even care for an mgs4 2009 release on the 360, which will likely be gimped? just seems like a waste of money.

pswii60

clashfan said:
Why would SE not consider the 360? A FF clone Lost Odyssey sold over 200K in the US. I'm sure FF would do even better then that. Companies don't like to turn away money...
They're already bringing out The Last Remnant for 360, so the support is there for other franchises, but FF XIII seems pretty locked up for Sony.

Salazar

justjohn said:
would anyone even care for an mgs4 2009 release on the 360, which will likely be gimped? just seems like a waste of money.

You can't measure pure, roaring human drama and entertainment in expenses or sales figures.

gbovo

Das-J said:
Well sure, but after the 50GB comment released yesterday I'd say it probably isn't going to happen.
I don't think size would be a hindrance to porting MGS4 if Konami reeaaaaally wanted to do it (they'd have to gimp it to hell though). Why I don't think it's MGS4 is because Sony wouldn't make a big deal (ie worldwide bundling + worldwide release) out of it if they so much as got a hint that it would later be ported to 360. It seems this gen Sony is only giving 3rd party games top billing/marketing if the game is an outright exclusive, and co-market every other major multiplat title (timed exclusive or not), while MS gives top billing to day-and-date multiplats like Madden :/

Sony hasn't made too big of a deal about Haze, beyond the exclusivity announcement last E3, plus Ubisoft is an Xbox-centric publisher, so I expect Haze to go multi after about a 6 month exclusivity window which would end at the end of this year, making Skaterboy's "early 2009" comments more plausible.

Grecco

justjohn said:

Would anyone care for GTA III on Xbox when it was released on the PS2?

Das-J

Law of the West
gbovo said:
Sony hasn't made too big of a deal about Haze, beyond the exclusivity announcement last E3, plus Ubisoft is an Xbox-centric publisher, so I expect Haze to go multi after about a 6 month exclusivity window which would end at the end of this year, making Skaterboy's "early 2009" comments more plausible.

That makes a lot more sense but then i don't get why a lot of people would be upset... its not like there's a groundswell of support for Haze from PS3 fans.

gbovo

Das-J said:
That makes a lot more sense but then i don't get why a lot of people would be upset... its not like there's a groundswell of support for Haze from PS3 fans.
Well he has to give his post some weight...somehow.

pswii60 said:
They're already bringing out The Last Remnant for 360, so the support is there for other franchises, but FF XIII seems pretty locked up for Sony.

if you ask me, they will bring FFXIII for every system under the sun :/
RE4 mobile was only the beginning.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Duck said:
So, um, Skaterboy, the same blogger who steals Surfer Girl's rumors and on the day before GDC said Goldeneye for XBLA will be unveiled at GDC, is saying something that's really vague, unlikely, and will take at least an entire year to prove.

If my eyes rolled any harder they'd pop out of my damn head.

bingo

Microsoft will invent the practice of using more than one disk for a game for MGS4!

...oh wait, games already do this making your guys' argument "the game's too big!" retarded.

xaosslug

Penguin said:
Kingdom Heart Wii/

oh, it'll get a spin-off, no doubt. ;P Honestly, I cannot see SE going from PS2 to Wii, for only a slight graphical boost and motion control, when PS2 will likely hit/be 99$ by the time KH3 comes...

VAIL

xaosslug said:
oh, it'll get a spin-off, no doubt. ;P Honestly, I cannot see SE going from PS2 to Wii, for only a slight graphical boost and motion control, when PS2 will likely hit/be 99$ by the time KH3 comes...

Disney has a say in this too.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Suburban Cowboy said:
Microsoft will invent the practice of using more than one disk for a game for MGS4!

...oh wait, games already do this making your guys' argument "the game's too big!" retarded.

if you wanted all the assets to be the same fidelity as the PS3 version, it would have to be released on 6-7 DVD's

they could probably compress it to around 2 DVD's, if they compressed the Audio, and possibly the textures

VonGak!

Banned
dogmaan said:
if you wanted all the assets to be the same fidelity as the PS3 version, it would have to be released on 6-7 DVD's

they could probably compress it to around 2 DVD's, if they compressed the Audio, and possibly the textures

Let's use our brains, the data on the Blu-Ray is already compressed! :| You can downsample the quality but you can't compress it more (keep in mind the 360 has to be able to decompress the data in time).

xaosslug

VAIL said:
Disney has a say in this too.

welp, I can't see Disney abandoning all them potential monies, either.

what did PSX go on to sell after it hit the 99$ price point? PS2 is just as relevant as now-gen consoles, if NPD is any indication, so to assume that developers would leapfrog PS2 for minimal gains (slight graphical boost/motion controls), and shoulder potentially substantial risk, is just wii-shful thinking.

i COULD see KH going multi-platform though (PS2/DS/PSP/Wii/cellphone), and those handheld/cellphone spin-offs could be testing the water.

fse

VonGak! said:
Let's use our brains, the data on the Blu-Ray is already compressed! :| You can downsample the quality but you can't compress it more (keep in mind the 360 has to be able to decompress the data in time).

doesn't mgs4 include all audio from different regions? different languages?

Rayne.S

Banned
Stealth inside news....

* Bioshock PS3 version is coming. Its ETA is September. Contracts with MS have at least halted its media exposure, but its coming. Bioshock 2's exclusivity is still up for grabs.
* PS3 + GTA 4 ---> 1 month after release
* Xbox 360 + GTA 4 ---> Not gonna happen

Europe, please brace for shortages. Collectors edition allocation less then the Bioshock Bid Daddy edition.....

Anybody who knows me knows i can't give out sources ( as the Mario Kart Wii banning rudely stated ) so just take my word.

Rayne.S said:
Stealth inside news....

* Bioshock PS3 version is coming. Its ETA is September. Contracts with MS have at least halted its media exposure, but its coming. Bioshock 2's exclusivity is still up for grabs.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I think there's even a post of mine back at release where I predicted that it would be exclusive for no less than a year.

* PS3 + GTA 4 ---> 1 month after release

Europe and North America?

Europe, please brace for shortages. Collectors edition allocation less then the Bioshock Bid Daddy edition.....

How is the allocation here in NA?

Y2Kev said:
well OA would look funny :lol

There's just been so much talk about how it was a sure thing for the 360 because of the whole 50m contract. So if Sony somehow landed it that would be pretty funny. Steinberg did say in that Game Trailers TV interview that they were going to be marketing it also. So this would certainly be a good way to do that.

iceatcs

do even microsoft sell official game bundles with 360? apart many in-store bundles only.

I mean system box art and with a GAME?

Sony are the bundle masters, so it wouldn't really surprise me if something like that was in the works. Now if they managed to get the extra content in there, now that would be the PR coup of generation. But that's not going to happen.

wazoo

dogmaan said:

In fact, you would need more DVD than splitting the BR size / the DVD size, because of possible repetition of some data that would need to be on all DVD.

Duck said:
It could be for Europe only since they aren't getting the MGS4 bundle like America and Japan.

Europe is the land of zillions of different retail bundles, do manufacturer bundles get as much attention there as they do in the rest of the world?

Top Bottom