• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven: Capcom has some good stuff coming to Wii U

For what (little) it's worth, Sven has implied that he sees the "test game" strategy as regrettable:

...but actions speak louder than words, and if RE6 actually isn't on Wii U this year, we'll know that Capcom has learned absolutely nothing. Well, we'll see come September.

The crew on RE6 must be enormous and i would find it hard to believe someone isnt making it for the U. Then again, they probably have crazy time restraints considering how many modes they are putting in just resigned themselves to a GOLD version next fall.

majik13

Only one million seems to me quite underwhelming at the very least, considering how a big investment it was to build up the new HD graphic engine.

Speaking of which, weren't they expecting 3 millions worldwide?

To put it into some perspective, Monster hunter tri sold 2 million copies, but with a much lower budget.

well maybe we are all just a bit jaded on sales, 1 million is probabaly still a lot. maybe not what they were hoping, but enough to profit apparently. And what new HD graphics engine? As far as I know they are just using a modified MT framework, which has been used already for pretty much all their current games.

Whoa, i didnt even consider the possibility of a 3G port.

If nintendo really did buy exclusivity for MH 3 and 4, it would be smart and amazing if they could get a MH on the wii U at launch and build that base up.

Now that I come to think of it, Monster hunter 3G(not MH4) launching worldwide would make some sense indeed, and in hindsight that would account for how come they're holding off to release it on 3DS in the West.

While there were definitely holes in Capcom's Wii lineup (SF4, real RE, etc) I still think the company delivered better than any other 3rd party on the system. MH3, TVC, Basara 3, Zack & Wiki and MegaMan 9-10 were all great games that any system should be proud to have. Choice ports like RE4, Okami and Phoenix Wright 1-3 were much appreciated too and definitely helped fill out the library.

That said, it does almost feel like Capcom's 3DS lineup is a bit of an apology to Nintendo fans. Games like SSF4, RE Revelations and EXTroopers all sort of feel like games that Wii should've probably had itself a couple years earlier.

Now that I come to think of it, Monster hunter 3G(not MH4) launching worldwide would make some sense indeed, and in hindsight that would account for how they're holding off to release it on 3DS in the West.

Seriously. After the series growth Tri showed, the complete silence was shocking to me.

And what new HD graphics engine?

IIRC Dragon's dogma has been the most expensive game Capcom's ever developed so far, it took some years and quite a bunch of money, incidentally they didn't recycle the assets they've been using on HD twins' games, but instead they have developed a brand new graphic engine on purpose, that's why I'm saying it's bombed hard.

majik13

IIRC Dragon's dogma has been the most expensive game Capcom's ever developed so far, it took some years and quite a bunch of money, incidentally they didn't recycle the assets they've been using on HD twins' games, but instead they have developed a brand new graphic engine on purpose, that's why I'm saying it's bombed hard.

ok, I dont know how much they spent to make the game, but it is not a whole new engine, just a heavily modified MT frame work,

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/04/05/how_dragons_dogma_changed_the_mt_framework

which i am sure they will use for future projects as well. Offsetting the budget a bit.

.la1n

A chance for RE6 with useless HUD information on the extra screen leaving the main screen completely clean would be a beautiful thing.

SykoTech

Want: Viewtiful Joe 3 and a MegaMan X game.

Will Get: Late DmC port, Not-a-MegaMan-game, and On-Disc DLC: The Game.

which i am sure they will use for future projects as well. Offsetting the budget a bit.

I hope so! That was quite a huge investment on their part, by the way a few months back I recall there was a rumour going around on this board, claiming they're currently working on MT Framework's next-gen successor.

TvsC was just moderately succesful? I see why Capcom treated us Wii owners the way they did, localizing that must have been pretty difficult.
It did 70k it's first NPD iirc, which is actually pretty decent. No word on total western totals but Sven mentioned it beat their targets.

I'll take SSFIVAE and UMVC3 with a MVC3 themed TE stick. Make it happen, Capcom and Madcatz.

Also, a Mega Man X collection would be nice.

Glix

Sven is teasing stuff but Japan won't let him say more?

So if the normal pattern applies here, Capcom won't have ANY WiiU games by Summer '13, and Sven will pop into the forums and say "Just wait, guys, there is some killer WiiU stuff coming but I'm not allowed to say any more."

amirite?

apana

Mega Man Reboot- This is the Mega Man story you don't know. Darker and more gritty and more better.

Monster Hunter in HD graphix- Now we don't have to hear anymore complaints about Monster Hunter w/o HD graphix.

Resident Evil 7: Just cause they felt like it.

Mlatador

Banned
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/capcom-has-some-good-stuff-coming-to-wii-u/

I wonder why Capcom, Konami... japanese companies have to keep announcements secret. Can we expect a Nintendo Direct in August?

And I'm so glad they do!!! I hate game annoucements that are too far away from the release dates.
They should announce something that they have to show, or just keep quiet!

They have plenty of time to announce Resident Evil Revalation 2 and Monster Hunter 4th, so no rush.

When RE 4 and Umbrella Chronicles sold well, people spammed the Capcom boards for a new and RE 4 like Resident Evil game. And other stuff. Sven (Capcom guy) said "first you will need to pass a few tests guys".

He said it jokingly, but hey you know the internet.
Ah thanks.

Sven?

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Rayman Legends is Wii U exclusive.

Yeah, but their biggest-budget HD games - Assassin's creed, Far cry 3, Watch dogs - are not.

My point is, if most developers cannot afford anymore to release a high-budget game on a single platform, in fact I believe this gen most PS360 games were multiplatform ones.

Capcom has supported nicely 3DS so far, but I reckon that's not of any indication for their future WiiU's support in terms of exclusives.

KarmaCow

You asked for it, we`re giving it to you. Your favourite franchise, the Phoenix Wright games on the Wii U.

Ports that is. Sold separately.

Top Bottom