• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven: Capcom has some good stuff coming to Wii U

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I actually wouldn't mind if it was another Zack & Wiki.

What we'll probably get is an Excel Spreadsheet manager game where you use the tablet controller to arrange and organize spreadsheets detailing the sales of other, more legit Capcom games not coming and never coming to Nintendo consoles.

pixelpai

Neo Member
this Sven-guy pops up a lot. Has there ever been something he hinted at, that Gaf got excited about and turned out to be true or - at least - somehow "good"?

isn't this the same guy hinting at a some "monster hunter 3ds for the west" announcement.. that i am still waiting for?

this Sven-guy pops up a lot. Has there ever been something he hinted at, that Gaf got excited about and turned out to be true or - at least - somehow "good"?

isn't this the same guy hinting at a some "monster hunter 3ds for the west" announcement.. that i am still waiting for?

He also originally told us to hold out for Monster Hunter Portable 3 and Frontier in the past (possibly at one point, may have not been him) so I don't exactly trust his hinting.

Off hand that I can think of, he recently said they still had the Tatsunoko license to use, and then shortly after we got this (I believe it was last year's TGS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVtk9XomM8

People were hoping it meant a TvC2 was on the way.

I'm so God damn tired of this teasing bllsht from Capcom.
Make a fcking announcement when you actually have something to announced.
This is borderline disrespectful to fans and customers!

RE5 Wii U port is my guess. Time to get excited.

Bought to you by the same company that figures:

Hey RE4 Wii port was a success, lets make an on-rail shooter!

Hey that was a success too, I guess that is what the fans want lolz!!!!

Hey aw what another on-rail shooter wasn't well received, see we told you there were no hardcore fans on Wii. Test failed.

:|

Also:

Hey, lets use this RE4 engine to make something cool on Wii! It better sell though cause if not, teeest failed!

Oh you mean like a RE5 Wii edition or even better a sidestory or completely new tale or something cool like that?

Nar, I'm thinking lets take a game from a completely different series that was released a few years ago, port it and change the way it plays. Oh yea, this game is heavily dependable on system grunt to make scores of enemies overwhelmingly on screen at once, its kinda one of the series's main cool aspects. It makes perfect sense we chose THIS PARTICULAR GAME to put on Wii! I don't see how this wont turn out perfectly.

Initiate the tests!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I think people have been asking for a console Monster Hunter on the MT Framework engine since before Dragon's Dogma came out.

Yes, but it has failed to come in any significant manner for some time

IF (HUGE SPECULATIVE IF) Nintendo have thrown cash trucks at Capcom then getting some sort of HD MH on there would be pretty massive in terms of the future of the Wii U.

It would be a huge, massive, colossal statement of intent. God forbid it's a double whammy reveal of MH3GHD and MH4 for Wii U. You might have to start queuing for Wii U in Tokyo -now-

Seeing some people mention RE5 remake - at this point does -anyone- give a shit?

I'd actually be pretty happy with a port of SSFIV:AE 2012. With an added, in depth tutorial which actually bothers to explain the mechanics of the game and tips on how to handle different situations. From basic cancels and the difference between links and chains to ambiguous crossup setups and option select safe jumps. I'd happily waste another few hundred hours of my life on the game if it let me play my strictly Nintendo-only minded friends.

Pociask

I actually wouldn't mind if it was another Zack & Wiki.

What we'll probably get is an Excel Spreadsheet manager game where you use the tablet controller to arrange and organize spreadsheets detailing the sales of other, more legit Capcom games not coming and never coming to Nintendo consoles.

No joke I'd be pretty psyched if the Wii U could hook up to Google Docs or some other cloud based office suite, and you could do word processing/dictation, pda functions, and spreadsheets. After the Wii's experience of utilities, though (launch with underwhelming ones, then never ever update them or release something new), I doubt we'll get something that useful.

Back on thread topic, though -

Call it Mercury Datum: Ace Accountant, and you've got yourself a sale!

I'd actually be pretty happy with a port of SSFIV:AE 2012. With an added, in depth tutorial which actually bothers to explain the mechanics of the game and tips on how to handle different situations. From basic cancels and the difference between links and chains to ambiguous crossup setups and option select safe jumps. I'd happily waste another few hundred hours of my life on the game if it let me play my strictly Nintendo-only minded friends.
As long as they dont add 3ds tap square 1 for hadoken...which they will..

ramparter

Banned
A new Harvey Birdman? I wonder how many people did actually play the first one. I was a bit hyped hoping it would be like ace attorney but after reading the press I never bothered even trying it.

As long as they dont add 3ds tap square 1 for hadoken...which they will..
I don't have a problem with that; I'd go as far to say I'd welcome it, especially for local multiplayer with a mixed skill group. As long as it can be filtered online, and they make sure you actually have to have charge to perform charge based moves, which was the only real issue I had with the 3DS handling of it. Guile was already pretty formidable in SSFIV without being able to sonicboomflashkick at will.

I don't have a problem with that; I'd go as far to say I'd welcome it, especially for local multiplayer with a mixed skill group. As long as it can be filtered online, and they make sure you actually have to have charge to perform charge based moves, which was the only real issue I had with the 3DS handling of it. Guile was already pretty formidable in SSFIV without being able to sonicboomflashkick at will.
Yea..I couldnt stand online being unfiltered. Just...No.

Effect

RE5 Wii U port is my guess. Time to get excited.

Bought to you by the same company that figures:

Hey RE4 Wii port was a success, lets make an on-rail shooter!

Hey that was a success too, I guess that is what the fans want lolz!!!!

Hey aw what another on-rail shooter wasn't well received, see we told you there were no hardcore fans on Wii. Test failed.

:|

It's been a few years and I know I should let this go but this still bothers me. I think this was around the time when I felt a strong need for the first time in my gaming life to trade in games and resell them. I was disgusted and wanted to get rid of a number of 3rd party games that felt like cash grabs and test. I just wanted them out of the house I was that annoyed with the situation. It's why I don't have a lot of faith or trust in 3rd parties to provide good buying opportunities on Nintendo systems. I'm especially wary of Capcom and EA. With Capcom I'll believe it when I see and EA I always expect the worse.

tsab

A new Harvey Birdman? I wonder how many people did actually play the first one. I was a bit hyped hoping it would be like ace attorney but after reading the press I never bothered even trying it.

Hi Rampidis and welcome to NeoGaf.
But you don't play Wii anymore only X360. Remember you should have listened tsab and demo it. It has no replayability but it stays true to the animated series.
Btw watch the series.

Lyude77

I played/bought it. It was good, but ridiculously short, like 3-4 hours. Worth it for $5 or less, which is what I paid.

TunaLover

Sven said:
I have to be careful what I say here as it will surely be overanalyzed and misinterpreted to be more than what I'm saying.

We have other projects in the works beyond MH3 Ultimate. Unfortunately at this time I can not provide any details. I'm sure as someone who is interested in Wii U and a Capcom-Unity.com member, you won't be able to miss news of future projects when they finally do get announced.

Not sure if already posted.

I, personally, would be okay with this.

Ditto, it's essentially Insomniac's third mascot IP... only it's by former folks, now primarily at High Impact Games, two very key folks; Mike Stout and Lloyd Murphy were behind the game, Lloyd was the art director of all games between Spyro 3 and Ratchet Deadlocked.

Just give me a Wii U up-port by HIG in 1080p and 60 frames and fixing any problems the original had. This should be a special game considering the pedigree. Yeah it's a beat-em-up and not a platformer, but still, it's close enough, much more than Resistance and Fuse are.

Do you think a MHG and a first MH2G would do well as an HD collection by 8ing?

Is it true that MHG on Wii did not support the Wiimote? Such a retarded idea to not bring over MH3's Wiimote controls so people would not have to buy a CC to play the damn game, yeah 230k is a good number for a then 4 year old game, but so much more could've been sold if they actually supported the controller that everyone has.

Linkhero1

I don't even know what I want from Capcom anymore. I've been drained by RE5 alone. I'd probably take MML3 on Wii U or an Okami HD port.

TreIII

devil may cry 5 featuring Dante and Vergil you say?

Nah. A true DMC5 should have all of the major characters playable, at last.

The way that Kobayashi explained how "Trish and Lucia were made to look but not touch", it made it sound like he was giving them the same treatment that he gives the UNPCs that appear in a BASARA game (prior to them being playable in the next expansion). I want the ladies playable too. Including poor Lucia, if they even remember her! :lol

BlankaBR

Banned
Yo!_Noid_NES_cover.png

jmizzal

Its prob the same strategy they had with Wii
Wii first year they had Zak and Wiki, RE4, and RE:U, so new IP, port from other system and new come in a series

So for WiiU they already have a port from other system in Monster Hunter 3U, so I expect a new RE game and a new IP.

Hiltz

Its prob the same strategy they had with Wii
Wii first year they had Zak and Wiki, RE4, and RE:U, so new IP, port from other system and new come in a series

So for WiiU they already have a port from other system in Monster Hunter 3U, so I expect a new RE game and a new IP.

I'm sure we'll get a port of RE 6 first before a new one. Knowing Capcom's habit of porting RE games, I'd bet my soul on it happening for Wii U.

Top Bottom