• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

Getting it now! Finally I can tell my friends on 3DS that I want to play some MK7 online. That said, I need more friends on 3DS :\

I'm not sure if you can really use it for that. It's not really IM and more akin to writing an actual letter. Or an eMail as the youth calls it today. And it's really good at that, as you can put quite a bit of effort into your letter to make it worthwhile and it animates very lovely. :3

Penguin

Made some interesting choices with it, having to unlock certain abilities and stuff, but its pretty cool.

Already got a pretty rad Ninja Turtles drawing, but see no way to save the image.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Made some interesting choices with it, having to unlock certain abilities and stuff, but its pretty cool.

Already got a pretty rad Ninja Turtles drawing, but see no way to save the image.

As an advisement to folks, you have to manually turn on allowing friends to save stuff you send... it defaulted to off probably for security. Not sure if it covers saving copies of notes or just attachments.

Bullza2o

I'm not sure if you can really use it for that. It's not really IM and more akin to writing an actual letter. Or an eMail as the youth calls it today. And it's really good at that, as you can put quite a bit of effort into your letter to make it worthwhile and it animates very lovely. :3
Oh, well at least some communication is better than none at all. It seems great for scheduling a meetup, sharing 3DS pictures, things like that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
As an advisement to folks, you have to manually turn on allowing friends to save stuff you send... it defaulted to off probably for security. Not sure if it covers saving copies of notes or just attachments.

Needs to be bolded.

Nikki never mentioned it.

GWX

Awesome stuff, really enjoying it. I hope Nintendo releases a 3D version of Flipnote Studio, though.

wait to get notes you have to actively download them?

they don't download by themselves?

You get a Spotpass notification when you receive a new letter and when you start the software it downloads the new letters automatically.
The sent/receive button that's integrated in the software seems more like a manual refresh button.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Japan will go crazy over this new "rich MMS/digital letter" communication tool. And all kids in the world will just love it. It's special :)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Kind of pointless. Guess it is free though...

Not really. You can even mass message everyone on your friends list at once. This is the kind of tool people needed for leaving messages and notes. Like what day you're going to be online for Mario Kart, your time zone, etc.

Its only limitation is no multitasking so you can't pause a game to read/send a new note that moment. But Spotpass is always on. So it's always downloading msgs to read later.

Plus being able to attach images is pretty cool for sending photos.

It's 90% of the messaging features the system needed.

Boney

Banned
this isn't meant to be a system to coordinate with friends to play stuff, this is a tool to spread happy messages to people!

and i'm gonna blossom as an artist

Top Bottom