• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch eShop Deals Thread

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
E
For my new/first Switch (Lite), I picked up:

$41.99 - The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild
$41.99 - New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
$27.99 - Captain Toad™: Treasure Tracker
$24.99 - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate™
$23.99 - Gear.Club Unlimited 2
$19.99 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition
$19.99 - The Lost Child
w/$9.40 in gold points savings.

Looking to build my Switch library with any games not on PC or Xbox.
Enjoy. Some great games there.

ChuyMasta

Grabbed me some StarLink. Collection 2 Bundle, 60% off. Aight!

What is this?! Starfox fleet/characters not included?!

I've been fooled!

Last edited:

Malachai

Picked up Mana Sparks and Lichtspeer for less than a quid each. Both decent little indie games. Has anybody played Dragon's Dogma? I had it when it first came out last gen and enjoyed it but unsure how it performs on Switch

Has anybody played Dragon's Dogma? I had it when it first came out last gen and enjoyed it but unsure how it performs on Switch
DD on switch looks and runs pretty well. There's a good amount of pop in when you're in the overworld, but aside from a couple spots late in the game it's a pretty consistent 30 fps.

Pretty good game too. Capcom really needs to make a sequel

Last edited:

quickwhips

My son really wants yoshi yarn? We have played the demo a few times but its not on sale digital so meh. Was thinking about super mario deluxe but i think we should finish ultimate alliance 3 first.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My son really wants yoshi yarn? We have played the demo a few times but its not on sale digital so meh. Was thinking about super mario deluxe but i think we should finish ultimate alliance 3 first.
If you're in the US, Gamefly has Yoshi for $35. It's used, but guaranteed to work, and comes with the case and insert.

Codes 208

Why are games on the Switch so much more than other platforms?
nintendo tax. Though this is specifically digital. Physical copies can be found cheaper elsewhere pretty much like anything else. I bought my copy of pokemon for $50 at walmart at launch for example.

fatty

Snipperclips with DLC is currently $9.99 at Target:

Snipperclips with DLC - $9.99

I just purchased and input the code on the eShop and can confirm it was with the DLC.

Wargroove is $11.19 over at Humble Bundle and is a couple buck cheaper than eshop:

Wargroove - $11.19

Even though this is a thread for Switch, I noticed some of the Sega 3D titles are on sale for the 3DS (courtesy of FriskyTanuki at CAG):
I missed out on these last time they were on sale so I will have to see which ones to get.

Please post any good deals or hidden gems that are currently on sale for Black Friday!

daveonezero

Banned
I don’t know where else to put this but damn the Eshop sucks donkey balls.

I got a switch a few days ago and both the web portal and store on the switch just made me anxious.

How do you all find games on there or what resources do you go to for everything that has been released.

I want to get a few more downloadable that are always in the system.

a lot of the big games or remakes are way cheaper as carts so I’ll just hold off on a lot of those for now.

I’m really looking for a turn based rpg or strategy game. I know Rabbids is probably the game but I think it’s cheaper physical.

I found I am Setsuba, Disgaea and Lost Sphere but now sure how those are for longevity.

I could do Divinity2 but I have it on Steam just waiting for a better PC

any impressions or suggestion?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

I got a switch a few days ago and both the web portal and store on the switch just made me anxious.

How do you all find games on there or what resources do you go to for everything that has been released.

a lot of the big games or remakes are way cheaper as carts so I’ll just hold off on a lot of those for now.

I’m really looking for a turn based rpg or strategy game. I know Rabbids is probably the game but I think it’s cheaper physical.

I found I am Setsuba, Disgaea and Lost Sphere but now sure how those are for longevity.

deku deals

you are welcome :)

Divinity 2 does save sharing between PC and Switch!

IIRC you won't find a better deal for Rabbids than the Gold bundle when it goes on sale.

daveonezero

Banned
Divinity 2 does save sharing between PC and Switch!
ooooh really.....that sort of changes things. Thanks.

yeah seems to be I'll just have to keep a bit of funds in the shop and jump on some sales. Right now I'm not disappointed in the device. No surprises but overall this thing is fun.

I use deku deals

Also u can get mutant road to eden complete for 20$ Physical right now

Hotspurr

Banned

eShop sales are often very decent. Use dekudeals is worth having a look.
Another good resource is the nintendoswitchdeals subreddit
Between the two I've picked up some great stuff

If you're looking for a turn based RPG that's relatively inexpensive, I would recommend Battle Chasers: Nightwar
It's like $15 physical or digital, has really nice art, fun combat. I usually hate turn based RPG stuff, but this game does it well. It also has a good difficulty level.

daveonezero

Banned
eShop sales are often very decent. Use dekudeals is worth having a look.
Another good resource is the nintendoswitchdeals subreddit
Between the two I've picked up some great stuff

If you're looking for a turn based RPG that's relatively inexpensive, I would recommend Battle Chasers: Nightwar
It's like $15 physical or digital, has really nice art, fun combat. I usually hate turn based RPG stuff, but this game does it well. It also has a good difficulty level.
Thank I'll bookmark those.

Nightwar yeah its fun. I have it on PC.

I ended up buying Enter the Gungeon as I haven't played it and it always interested me. Played a little and its ok not sure its the type of game I'm really into these days.

Also did Snipper Clips, Overcooked (on sale $5) and Battle for the grid. Got these for the multiplayer and maybe to get my GF to play.

Will wait for a good turn based RPG and bigger Nintendo games. May have to get Bloodstaind too but will wait a bit. I've played it but never finished it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
People buy Mario + Rabbits, it was so much fun that I wish I bought it day one full price.

It's a surprisingly well done game. I got sidetracked and never finished it, but probably played a good twenty hours and enjoyed what I did play.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's a surprisingly well done game. I got sidetracked and never finished it, but probably played a good twenty hours and enjoyed what I did play.
I personally was never fan most of Ubisoft games but I was shocked how much I enjoyed this game was. I liked with each world the give you new type enemy you need deal with and the boss fights were really fun. Also environments was actually fun to explore which I cant say the same to most of other Ubisoft games.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
Thank I'll bookmark those.

Nightwar yeah its fun. I have it on PC.

I ended up buying Enter the Gungeon as I haven't played it and it always interested me. Played a little and its ok not sure its the type of game I'm really into these days.

Also did Snipper Clips, Overcooked (on sale $5) and Battle for the grid. Got these for the multiplayer and maybe to get my GF to play.

Will wait for a good turn based RPG and bigger Nintendo games. May have to get Bloodstaind too but will wait a bit. I've played it but never finished it.

Bloodstaind doesn't run well on Switch, even with fixes it is inferior to the PC version, just FYI. Many people thought it wouldn't take much to run on any hardware but the coding on that thing isn't the best given the graphics look like barely a ps3 game.

Small games I like:
Slain: Back from Hell (if you like 2D side scrolling soul-level difficulty, think volgar the viking but divided into manageable bits)
Mother Russia Bleeds (streets of rage-like beat em up with very mature themes and decent pixel art)
Rogue Legacy (in case you haven't played it on PC)
Shantae Half Genie (pretty nice metroidvania)
Blazing Chrome (the closest thing to Contra we've had in a while)
Dead cells (rogue-lite hack and slash 2D game with metroidvania elements)
Blasphemous (similar to above, but not rogue-anything)
Sonic Mania
Monster Boy
Celeste
Unravel Two
Broforce
Ultimate Chicken Horse (for parties)
Steam World Dig 2
Furi

For big releases, if you like co-op get the new Luigi's Mansion, the wife and I are enjoying it quite a bit.

Argentinian eshop store always has lower prices on certain games: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/?product_list_order=price_asc

Our government likes to control prices so 1US$ ~= AR$60 to AR$78

Stardew Valley: AR$179,99 (between 2.3 and 3 USD)
Katana Zero: AR$179,99
Hollow Knight: AR$179,99
Knights And Bikes: AR$224,99 (~US$ 2.88)
Celeste: AR$224,99
Wargroove: AR$224,99
Risk Of Rain 2 AR$479 (~US$ 6.14)
Cuphead AR$ 552,90 (~US$ 7.08)
Etc.

And you get the game code (instead of tying it to a Argentinian account) which you can redeem in a US account.

I don't know if you need a Argentinian credit card to make a purchase there but it's worth a shot (edit: You don't need an Argentinian credit card to purchase; thanks Investor9872 Investor9872 )

Last edited:
Argentinian eshop store always has lower prices on certain games: https://store.nintendo.com.ar/?product_list_order=price_asc

Our government likes to control prices so 1US$ ~= AR$60 to AR$78

Stardew Valley: AR$179,99 (between 2.3 and 3 USD)
Katana Zero: AR$179,99
Hollow Knight: AR$179,99
Knights And Bikes: AR$224,99 (~US$ 2.88)
Celeste: AR$224,99
Wargroove: AR$224,99
Risk Of Rain 2 AR$479 (~US$ 6.14)
Cuphead AR$ 552,90 (~US$ 7.08)
Etc.

And you get the game code (instead of tying it to a Argentinian account) which you can redeem in a US account.

I don't know if you need a Argentinian credit card to make a purchase there but it's worth a shot.

You don't need an Argentinian credit card to make the purchase. Any Visa or Master card will do. Some has no foreign exchange fees, and some do, so you have to watch out for that.

daveonezero

Banned
I want something meaty, deep and to just throw on and chill offline. Looking to buy one of these digital so its always on there.
I know some of these are cheaper with carts.

Dragon Quest 11 (worth the premium?)
Tales of Vesperia
Ni No Kuni

Adding as they look decent and haven't played either.
Atelier Ryza
Star Ocean Departure R

I haven't played really any DQ games ? I only played Tales of Symphonia and the SNES one. Ni No Kuni looks beautiful.

Which would you choose on switch? Any others or should I consider a FF?

Last edited:
I want something meaty, deep and to just throw on and chill offline. Looking to buy one of these digital so its always on there.

Tales of Vesperia
Ni No Kuni

Atelier Ryza
Star Ocean Departure R

I haven't played really any DQ games ? I only played Tales of Symphonia and the SNES one. Ni No Kuni looks beautiful.

Dragon Quest XI S on the Switch for sure. It's the complete game, with all the DLCs, orchestra music AND the ability to play in 2D. Tales of Vesperia is one of the best Tales games out there, but I don't know how it performs on the Switch. Keep an eye out for Xenoblade Chronicles: The Definitive Edition.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Since Nintendo games never drop in price I would seriously go for Super Mario Maker 2 over Deluxe. It renders Deluxe obsolete. Don't worry if you're not interested in making stages like the name suggests.

I don't care about making stages either, it has unlimited content and has its own single player story mode which I would argue is the best 2D Mario single player in years!

mcjmetroid

Tales of Vesperia
Ni No Kuni

Atelier Ryza
Star Ocean Departure R

I'm not a big JRPG fan. I found verperia boring and lacking in presentation. It's a X360 title after all.

Dragon Quest Xi, I'm playing through at the moment and if you like traditional Japanese Rpgs like you would have played on the SNES then this is the one to go for. It's extremely long and has excellent presentation and never feels like it wastes your time. You can go through the game as fast or as slow as you like.

Mostly voiced Japanese or English.

My only minor complaint with DQXI even the Switch version is not the music itself which is great it's how frequently certainly tracks are used.. like the battle theme and overworld theme. And it's a tad on the easy side so far (About 40 hours in)

It's JRPG perfection though constantly throwing surprises at you.

daveonezero

Banned
Dragon Quest XI S on the Switch for sure. It's the complete game, with all the DLCs, orchestra music AND the ability to play in 2D. Tales of Vesperia is one of the best Tales games out there, but I don't know how it performs on the Switch. Keep an eye out for Xenoblade Chronicles: The Definitive Edition.
Yeah I ended up buying Fire Emblem I'll probably get DQ11, Tales or Ni No Kuni some other time.

I'm waiting for Xenoblade Chronicles before I get the sequel.

Thanks all. Fire Emblem seems good so far, Usually I'm not a big fan of the grid SRPG but this is probably the pinnacle and that's kinda what I"m looking for. A pinnacle JRPG and DQ11 is probably the old school one of those.

Since Nintendo games never drop in price I would seriously go for Super Mario Maker 2 over Deluxe. It renders Deluxe obsolete. Don't worry if you're not interested in making stages like the name suggests.

I don't care about making stages either, it has unlimited content and has its own single player story mode which I would argue is the best 2D Mario single player in years!

The unlimited content is only if you are a subscriber to Nintendo Online, isn't it?

Please help, SOS

I wanted to wait today to have every deal Nintendo promised but The eshop is slow a. F. And continues to freeze and crash, dunno if it's a shop problem, general internet lines or my line

In synthesis: are there must buys? So I can directly go to the game's page and eventually buy it, without trying to scroll that shitty deals page

I buy on european store

Can't decide between something really worth on eshop, or go buying shenmue 3 on ps4 at 26.99€

Sigh

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Amazon has the following digital Switch games on sale.
$40 Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze
$40 Splatoon 2
$40 Octopath Traveler
$40 Kirby Star Allies

They send you a digital game code redeemable on Nintendo eShop. Been waiting a while for Donkey Kong and Splatoon2 so this is great!

I can't believe $40 is still a good deal for DK:TF. That game released for $50 on Wii U. When it released for Switch the Switch version was sitting on the shelf for $60 next to the Wii U version for $20.

fatty

The Konami collections are on sale for $5 each:

Castlevania collection:

Contra collection:

Arcade collection:

Astral Dog

Tales of Vesperia
Ni No Kuni

Atelier Ryza
Star Ocean Departure R

Imo i rather play a FF than Dragon Quest, just didn't enjoyed the demo at all :^S

FFXII would be my recommendation, Ni no Kuni i haven't played but heard its very good would take it over DQ too 🤭

Astral Dog

Castlevania collection:

Contra collection:

Arcade collection:
now im sad they didn't continue with a Metroidvania collection, SotN has never been on a Nintendo system before :/

Quasicat

Castlevania collection:

Contra collection:

Arcade collection:
I was selfishly waiting for a TMNT/Simpsons arcade release when they announced these. At least give them to Hamster so they can release them on Arcade Archives. I still have my PS3 hooked up so I can play these without resorting to emulation and Turtles in Time never got a straight port to consoles (even though the SNES version is better).

fatty

I was selfishly waiting for a TMNT/Simpsons arcade release when they announced these. At least give them to Hamster so they can release them on Arcade Archives. I still have my PS3 hooked up so I can play these without resorting to emulation and Turtles in Time never got a straight port to consoles (even though the SNES version is better).
I forgot all about Turtles in Time for the arcade, just remember the SNES version, which I agree, was great.

I remember the port of T.M.N.T the Arcade game to the NES. Yeah, it was a downgrade from the arcade version but I had a lot of fun with it and was amazed at what they were able to squeeze out of the NES hardware.

The Ultra label version of TMNT though, that game infuriated me with its difficulty. My favorite thing about that game was the cover art.

Last edited:

Castlevania collection:

Contra collection:

Arcade collection:

All must buys at that price.

Surprised no one has mentioned dekudeals yet. Killer Switch game price tracker with % off and sale end date sorting options.

Quasicat

I forgot all about Turtles in Time for the arcade, just remember the SNES version, which I agree, was great.

I remember the port of T.M.N.T the Arcade game to the NES. Yeah, it was a downgrade from the arcade version but I had a lot of fun with it and was amazed at what they were able to squeeze out of the NES hardware.

The Ultra label version of TMNT though, that game infuriated me with its difficulty. My favorite thing about that game was the cover art.
I played the crap out of TMNT: The Arcade Game for the NES. My mom worked at a resort with an arcade, and she would give me free tokens to keep me busy for awhile. I had played TMNT constantly. When I got the NES version, I perfect conversion, but then I played the two new levels, and I absolutely loved the extra content.
I played through it over Christmas break, and found that I could still finish it without any continues based purely on muscle memory.

fatty

All must buys at that price.

Surprised no one has mentioned dekudeals yet. Killer Switch game price tracker with % off and sale end date sorting options.

Yeah, dekudeals is awesome. I started using their ‘collection’ and ’wishlist’ to keep track so I wouldn’t accidentally try to buy the same game. (yes, that puts me in a bad light when it comes to my back log).

Top Bottom