• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Exclusive Seasons of Heaven dev's Don't Have Dev kits , Running on PC

I think this deserves it's own thread with how far this has gone surrounding this game

Earlier this month Laura Kate Dale and Gameblog were teasing an indie game which is coming to switch called seasons of heaven. Since then we have had a teaser and finally a full "trailer" come out for this game but there is suspicion over if this game actually exists after a french article questioned the dev team. Here is the Trailer

So I've been reading and it sounds like this game could almost qualify as a scam.

http://www.factornews.com/actualites/seasons-of-heaven-va-t-il-l-emporter-au-paradis-42471.html

- The game had already been pitched to Nintendo once and was rejected.
- Any Arts, the Studio, doesn't even have any development space, as admitted by the founder.
- They do not have a Switch devkit

I don't know if this was discussed on NeoGAF, but French website Factor News believe this game is most likely fake (at least as being a Switch game) due to some questionable background surrounding the studio behind this and the fact they are freely talking about a Switch game besides the Nintendo NDA. Here is a link in english about the story ran by Factor News. Somehow I doubt Seasons of Heaven will be featured at the January event, but who knows ^^

Shouldn't there be a thread of its own for this? The founder of the studio seems to be full of BS (I've seen some parts of an interview from him and he says looooots of things that sound like a big pile of BS, like how he almost got a job in the FBI).

Laura Kate Dale then confirmed that the team don't have dev kits and this was running on PC

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/810896657437048832

There has been discussion in other gaf threads that if this is true why was the initial leak by both Laura Kate Dale and Gameblog presented as an actual Indie game coming out for the Nintendo Switch with the classic method of taking photos of the trailer at an angle.

CzJORiFVQAADCht.jpg

CzJORiNVIAEVJ6u.jpg

Not surprised. A game based off a book from the same studio huh? Seems like they're throwing shit around to see what sticks, no offence.

I believe someone was saying as much in the teaser thread.
Just a no name indie trying to get attention with their probably bad game

NotLiquid

The game doesn't necessarily look like too much of a visual powerhouse regardless. Animations look really janky. Regardless of what it was running on it doesn't seem like anything that Switch shouldn't be able to handle.

Phamit

They have no dev kits, their game was rejected by Nintendo and yet they make a Switch exclusive.

Yeah they totally don't try to grab some attention

DocSeuss

I don't understand the reference ;(

Not surprising that this isn't running on Switch. It's a portable device and this looks like pretty advanced UE4 lol.

I don't understand the reference ;(

Not surprising that this isn't running on Switch. It's a portable device and this looks like pretty advanced UE4 lol.

I thought it was a home console first. Oh how the Switch's definition changes daily. At this time point, I'm just waiting for the unveiling.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we just had this thread yesterday.

Vana

Neo Member
I believe someone was saying as much in the teaser thread.
Just a no name indie trying to get attention with their probably bad game

Yeah I saw that coming and told my skepticism in the teaser thread. I mean... The guy is a bit known here in the french community and is not really taken seriously, Gameblog is not a very trustable source either, so the whole story didn't seems very legit from the start.

Let's see how it turns out, but I expect a kickstarter project soon enough.

gfdoom

LOL why the hell do devs do this. "Lets show a trailer for a game exclusive to this system that we don't even have a dev kit for or even know if our game will run or look as good as it does on pc...yea the people will love this!"

- Any Arts, the Studio, doesn't even have any development space, as admitted by the founder.
- They do not have a Switch devkit

Okay, I can kinda understand why the former might preclude the latter.

DocSeuss

I thought it was a home console first. Oh how the Switch's definition changes daily. At this time point, I'm just waiting for the unveiling.

Different people have different definitions. My own personal definition is rooted in the fact that it's a portable device that's BUILT for portability (it can connect to a TV, but it, on its own, is a portable unit, and connecting it to a TV does not fundamentally change its performance).

Sadness is a canceled game for the Wii.

Oh man, that's reaching BAAACK there. Wow. I forgot about it.

timberger

It's shitty practice from an enthusiast perspective perhaps, but isn't PC code being shown before the actual console versions of a game fairly common?

LordKano

I must apology to the people against who I've argued that it wasn't going to be another Sadness situation when the first teaser was live.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The game doesn't necessarily look like too much of a visual powerhouse regardless. Animations look really janky. Regardless of what it was running on it doesn't seem like anything that Switch shouldn't be able to handle.
Animations obviously look like they were made in a relatively quick amount of time but animation quality is typically bad in the early stages of game development. The graphics themselves though, powerhouse is definitely an accurate description with all the performance intensive features in that trailer that the Switch wouldn't be able to handle.

Top Bottom