• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

Spy

Do you have evidence of any currently announced Switch indie game port that runs at lesser performance or lower graphical fidelity compared to other console releases?
Snake Pass runs at 30fps on the Switch. This will likely be a recurring theme with anything that's graphically intensive.

VLiberty

very, very curious to hear about indie games on Switch.

Guess there's no surprises for people who don't care about indies.
though i don't see why anyone would not care about indies as a whole.
edit: oh, i see what you meant.

well, Switch will let me play those games in handheld form. I don't care about the graphical tradeoff, just like I don't when I play those games on vita

Spy

very, very curious to hear about indie games on Switch.

though i don't see why anyone would not care about indies as a whole.
edit: oh, i see what you meant.

well, Switch will let me play those games in handheld form. I don't care about the graphical tradeoff, just like I don't when I play those games on vita
What about the trade off of achievements and a d-pad for a title like Shovel Knight?

Orgen

Gimme Pocket Card Jockey 2 plz. (Not happening, but a man can dream.)

pocket-card-jockey-a.jpg

My man! Never give up and let's hope that we can get another PCJ from GameFreak

pocket-card-jockey-3ds-9.jpeg

sugarless

I'm so there. SteamWorld Dig is a favourite of mine and I only heard of it through the Nindies montage at the end of a Nintendo Direct. I hope to find new favourites amongst the crop next Tuesday!

Malus

oh nonsense

Eh they're perfectly valid points. Of course, not every point will apply to every game, and not everyone cares about some or all of those specific issues, but they're still there. Portability is a big boon for many but not everyone cares for that either.
You also aren't gonna be playing those indies on other consoles with the glorious split controller configuation.

Personally the only issue he listed I care about is the graphics, but many indies aren't graphically demanding enough for there to be a difference.

Lunar15

After playing with the switch for a bit, I can safely say that stardew valley on this thing would be a god-send.

JMY86

Meh well I guess they are at least showing something. I generally do not play many indie games but maybe something here will interest me.

They've really called then Nindies? Dear God.

It's been their indie partnership branding for a generation now, including the early efforts to bring Nintendo to Humble Bundle.

I'm expecting no new announcements, just a push for imminent or undated releases we already know about but may have overlooked.

If we're lucky we'll get a Yooka Laylee release date or time frame.

"Because of the rich roots of classic Rare titles appearing on Nintendo hardware, we have decided to release Yooka Laylee early for Nintendo Switch! See you all March 17th!
also Ninty paid us a ton of money to do this.
"

I hope they let the Snake Pass devs show off, and maybe an Undetale release?

I realise they are in house but what are the chances Snipperclips is featured?

I could see it. I love the story behind Snipperclips. I don't know the deets, but small indie dev shows amazing concept, Nintendo puts them under their wing (and payroll) and creates one of the most well-received games for the Switch. It's lovely. Almost venture capitalist in a way.

I hope they do this more. See promise and give the resources to make it happen.

richd_3

Did YCG say anything about Shovel Knight being cross-buy with previous gen Nintendo systems? Will I be re-buying?

Haines

Banned
Time to see if nintendo has done some solid indie leg work and if its really that easy to develop for

Very excited to play these games on a switch

Top Bottom