• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Pro Rumors Are Heating Up…

Get ready boys…HYPETRAIN!!!!
ksyAbPd.jpg
M78Lp8c.jpg

Is it possible we get an MP Remake THIS YEAR with the release of a Switch Pro? And then a Zelda themed Switch next year with the BOTW2 launch?

rZ8CcZP.gif
M8zkgjY.gif

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Switch Pro rumors were always bullshit, and they still are.

What is most likely happening, as it should be obvious enough, is that Nintendo is gearing up to release the first 10th gen system, the Switch 2(or whatever the name ends up being), as the Switch will enter its 7th(!!!) year in 2023.

mrcroket

I'm tired about this switch pro obsession... People who bought a switch don't care about graphics or resolution, because for that already exist sony and microsoft consoles. And even a switch pro won't be able of compete in powerful with a next gen console so what is the deal?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I'm tired about this switch pro obsession... People who bought a switch don't care about graphics or resolution, because for that already exist sony and microsoft consoles. And even a switch pro won't be able of compete in powerful with a next gen console so what is the deal?

Some haven't filled their yearly quota of blood to give to Nintendo and are hoping to close the deal with a neat lump amount. 😂

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fbh

I honestly don't see Nintendo releasing a Switch2 or pro as long as their Hardware and Software sales continue being as strong as they are.
They must be loving the profit margin on the Switch given that it's still running on the same 2017 hardware and hasn't had a single price drop in 5 years.

I think the desire for a Switch pro is less about competing with SX/PS5 and more about wanting to play stuff like BotW 2 at more than 900p and 30fps with drops

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
I honestly don't see Nintendo releasing a Switch2 or pro as long as their Hardware and Software sales continue being as strong as they are.
They must be loving the profit margin on the Switch given that it's still running on the same 2017 hardware and hasn't had a single price drop in 5 years.

I think the desire for a Switch pro is less about competing with SX/PS5 and more about wanting to play stuff like BotW 2 at more than 900p and 30fps with drops
I mean, just because Nintendo releases their 10th gen system, doesn't mean the Switch will stop selling. Most consoles have a "cross gen" period, to ease the company as they transition, as they most likely won't be able to meet the demand of the Switch 2 for a good year or two.

In that tineframe, either by having a discount, or simply by being a diserable product with new games that almost certainly will be cross gen, the Switch will still be sought after, even if at a slower pace. We are past the system's peak, sales-wise, and while it still selling stupidly well, it doesn't make much sense to wait until the demand for the Switch is completely dried out to only then release their next system, as that will make the transitioning harder(Brand power is stronger now than it would be in that case)

Having said that, I still expect for the Switch 2 to launch at holiday 2023 at the earliest, with 2024 making more sense.

Last edited:

saturnalian

I dont think they're gonna call it the Switch Pro. It'll be basically just an upgraded Switch (slightly redesigned maybe) but they're present it as a whole new console.

night13x

I'll prob skip the pro model that is shadow dropping at gamestop next week and wait for the ultra pro model coming in 2023 that has a micro RTX 4090ti installed.

Quasicat

No, I’m thinking next year. Nintendo buys up their raw materials a year early and they have been buying up a huge amount for this fiscal year.
This came from their recent financials:

YWyAGlY.jpg

saturnalian

No, I’m thinking next year. Nintendo buys up their raw materials a year early and they have been buying up a huge amount for this fiscal year.
This came from their recent financials:

YWyAGlY.jpg
Why does Nintendo need to buy raw materials when they don't own their own manufacturing facilities?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Have loved the switch since day 1 but it’s kind of becoming a bummer. Xenoblade 3 is my most anticipated game the rest of the year and it’s gonna be in like 144p and 20-30 fps.

That next iteration can’t come soon enough

Last edited:

blackjon24

Speak for yourself, I want to play switch exclusive games without it being blurry, doesn’t have to compete but sub hd in 2022 sucks

Will nintendo ever release a system that’s on par with current gen or a little stronger,rather than have something like the wii,wiiu,switch ?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Quasicat

Why does Nintendo need to buy raw materials when they don't own their own manufacturing facilities?
At this point, to hedge against inflation is my guess. I figure a big portion of this is a new chip from Nvidia which takes a lot of Capital to get, especially now.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I think people get forgetting that Nintendo doesn’t play by Sony and Microsoft’s rules. Just because they chase power and release mid-gen refreshes doesn’t mean Nintendo will. I don’t think we’ll see a switch pro at all. The oled model WAS the updated system. There won’t be anything else until the next Nintendo system.

Kimahri

Banned
Some of us have those consoles, but still love the games you only get on Nintendo consoles, but lament the fact that the low resolutions and frequent jaggies don't look so hot on the big screen.

I'm not asking for much, I don't even need better graphics. I just want better IQ.

For the love of gourd, chill. We're just having fun.
Was it "fun" when hypetrains like this ended up over-glorifying an overpriced emulators-n-ROMs package like Super Mario 3D All-Stars? Or, you know, the OLED?
No, no it was not. The latter literally caused internet meltdowns because of the sheer amount of people who deluded themselves into thinking the Switch Pro was real almost entirely because of Tweets. The idiocy of the situation was further compounded when gaming journalism - the people who should know better - had the exact same emotional rollercoaster.
This kind of crap almost makes me miss the days when gaming news was filtered through a monthly Nintendo Power magazine.

Top Bottom