• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SXSW Fighting Game Invitational | March 13-15

El Sloth

Banned
I've got the sound off; is the crowd getting excited? I remember there not being much enthusiasm and golf claps yesterday

Did they say anything about tie breakers for this event? Just in case several players finished 4th place, how do they decide who goes on?

Kind of funny but basically all the Asians(from Asia) are guaranteed for the double elimination bracket except Daigo who is almost always the favorite to win everything he enters. At least Daigo pretty much only needs to win one more time to punch his ticket into the next round though. But yeah, if that happens then all the Asians will make it into top 8.

Kind of funny but basically all the Asians(from Asia) are guaranteed for the double elimination bracket except Daigo who is almost always the favorite to win everything he enters. At least Daigo pretty much only needs to win one more time to punch his ticket into the next round though. But yeah, if that happens then all the Asians will make it into top 8.

PR Rog getting 4th would be a nightmare for everyone. He's probably the most dangerous out of the remaining US players. I can see him taking Daigo out again if Daigo even qualifies.

If Rog loses, who advances between him and Snake Eyez and Sanford Kelly? Head to head, game differential?

I think it's game differential

Daigo might lose to nuckledu as I don't think he's strong in the Decapre matchup. Aww shit. Hold on to your butts fellow Daigo bros.

FourMyle

Tokido also looking extremely strong, which is surprising because his first match yesterday was awful

I think it's game differential

Daigo might lose to nuckledu as I don't think he's strong in the Decapre matchup. Aww shit. Hold on to your butts fellow Daigo bros.

I'm ready

jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

To me that somehow felt like Knuckledu chose Guile just because he knows he's already out and wanted to test his Guile against Daigo instead. I think Evil Ryu beats Guile while Decapre probably has a slight edge against all the Shoto's(maybe except Ken).

Daigo must have loved that Guile pick. It's a matchup he has known since 94.

One thing that favors Yun in round robin is that he can maul his opponent and get a big game differential. Kazunoko has had the biggest game differential in Topanga's 2nd stage, Master's Series, and now SXSW.

Will top 8 still be 2/3? I hope that isn't the case. I think they can afford 3/5 by then since they're going back to double elimination for top 8.

Will top 8 still be 2/3? I hope that isn't the case. I think they can afford 3/5 by then since they're going back to double elimination for top 8.

It's supposed to last a little longer than 4 hours according to the schedule.

The thing is, every match is scheduled for 15 min which is the exact same amount that all these 2/3 matches got. It could very well turn out to be a 2/3 again.

It's obvious they can fit a ft3 though.

K.Sabot

Yeah agree with chat, LPN's way better than I'll ever be but I don't think he should have been in the tournament.

I understand if he was filling in for someone that couldn't go though.

Top Bottom