• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SXSW Fighting Game Invitational | March 13-15

Even if Daigo lose, he's pretty much confirmed for Sunday right? I think he has a better game differential than Justin and Hamad. He's at +4 I think. Hamad is at -1.

xCobalt

wOZKcJb.png

Mike Ross' reads are on point huh.

What's game differential?

If you beat a player 2-0 you're +2 on games. The differential adds up throughout the round robin and can serve as a tie breaker if two players have the same record. So it basically rewards a player for winning 2-0 over 2-1 and also rewards players for losing 1-2 instead of losing 0-2.

If you beat a player 2-0 you're +2 on games. The differential adds up throughout the round robin and can serve as a tie breaker if two players have the same record. So it basically rewards a player for winning 2-0 over 2-1 and also rewards players for losing 1-2 instead of losing 0-2.
Oh thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Glad that winning rounds gets rewarded.

Hamad lost, but he is definitely legit.

Quick story, the guy is like a encyclopedia. He practically knows almost player in America who has ever been on stream in a tournament lol. I entered his stream one time when he said he had notes on every player in America. And he said he recognize me. I said I'm not the Blanka player from Canada. But he said he knows, I faced PR Rog one time at Final Round a couple of years ago. Blew my mind that he actually knew that lol.

Exr

Strange that I remember the days of hating Magos boring ass Fei but now I find myself rooting for Hamad.

NEO0MJ

Strange that I remember the days of hating Magos boring ass Fei but now I find myself rooting for Hamad.

It's more about the player than the character in this case. He feels like the underdog.

Plus, all hate is focus on Rose now :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hamad lost, but he is definitely legit.

Quick story, the guy is like a encyclopedia. He practically knows almost player in America who has ever been on stream in a tournament lol. I entered his stream one time when he said he had notes on every player in America. And he said he recognize me. I said I'm not the Blanka player from Canada. But he said he knows, I faced PR Rog one time at Final Round a couple of years ago. Blew my mind that he actually knew that lol.

You underestimate how many people in the fgc lurk on GAF.

Top Bottom