• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Fantasies (SE concert in Cologne) will be LIVE STREAMED tomorrow 12.09.2009

Rektash

SDZeta said:
I wish the 4 composers would have went on stage and get the applause they fully deserve as well.

Arny demanded it too but the composers just pointed back at Arny so that he gets the applause :)!

Geez, can t belive its over, this may have been one of the most awesome days in my life. Btw the audience was super awesome. Some of the clapping especially in the second part of the concert was just ear numbing loud! Don t know how that transfered through the stream though!

Will seed the BT stream link for the next weeks.

Magnus

Once again, thanks to all for providing versions of this (sound and video) online for us.

Question though, re: Rengoku's torrent. For Part 2 (the Chrono section), does the video/sound crap out just a little toward the very end? I'm just wondering if something f'd up in my download, or if it's an unfortunate error in the original file/recording.

Thanks!

Also, the one -M- posted (the audio) on megaupload requires a 4-digit code. Where do we get that from?

Joule

Magnus said:
Once again, thanks to all for providing versions of this (sound and video) online for us.

Question though, re: Rengoku's torrent. For Part 2 (the Chrono section), does the video/sound crap out just a little toward the very end? I'm just wondering if something f'd up in my download, or if it's an unfortunate error in the original file/recording.

Thanks!

Also, the one -M- posted (the audio) on megaupload requires a 4-digit code. Where do we get that from?

Yeah I had a similar crap out there too.

As for megaupload, it's right beside where you type in the code.

Rektash said:
Signed copy of Koudelka (Kikuta). BTW Kikuta was damn happy to see a copy of Koudelka !

That is hilarious. Was anybody able to pop out a quick question or mini interview to Kikuta as to what he's been up to these days?

Rektash

Zanasea said:
Well let me tell you this: me and my friends thought we had to tell Mitsuda we want this album badly, so we almost harassed him when we saw him at the concert. He said "next year, next year!"

So here you go, you have to threaten him if you want answers.

I recorded a video during the autograph session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_T0_wWZCaU

Yo, have you been with three other french speaking guys? If yes, I think I have actually seen you :D .

Zanasea

Rektash said:
Yo, have you been with three other french speaking guys? If yes, I think I have actually seen you :D .
I was with a larger group of French people, but I think I see who you are talking about. Well, it was a lot of fun.

The concert itself was fantastic. I can't believe the arranger managed to express the world of Secret of Mana through music with such accuracy. That suite was absolutely incredible.

Duderz

Banned
For whatever reason, anytime I try and skip ahead on the VLC player, it either starts from the beginning or crashes. Anyone else have this problem? (I'm on a Mac)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hate to bump this thread again, but will this music be available on CD anywhere? The Chrono arrangement stole the show and I'd like to own it.

Magnus

Forgive the bump, with exactly the same question as the posts a few months ago, but has anyone heard of any type of release of this concert anywhere?

Rektash

No one will probably remember this thread, but you can now preorder the Symphonic Fantasies CD at amazon.de here! I don't know if they ship to the US though. Will be released May 21st .

Magnus

Rektash said:
No one will probably remember this thread, but you can now preorder the Symphonic Fantasies CD at amazon.de here! I don't know if they ship to the US though. Will be released May 21st .

Awesome, thanks.

Now where's my CONCERT BLURAY?! :(

B.K.

elementman said:
It looks like the encore didn't make it in the tracklist :(

Comes with the digital version of the album.

The total track time for the CD is 73 minutes, though a sixth "encore" track will be released with the digital version.

There's also going to be an American release of the album eventually.

Other regions (North America, Japan) will have their own CD releases in the future. Impatient fans will be able to import the album from Germany via online stores such as Amazon.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/343.html

Arren

Time to bump such an old topic, in order to share with you guys some exciting news. The entire recording of the 2012 version of Symphonic Fantasies, performed in Cologne on the 6th of July, will air on the WDR4 webradio channel today at 20:05 (German hour, 1 hour left at the time of writing this post). You can access it here: http://www.wdr.de/wdrlive/wdrplayer/wdr4player.html.

Unfortunately it's going to be just the audio this time. No video was streamed this year, but I think it's a magical opportunity to relive the emotions of these arrangements anyway, regardless of the video absence.

I've personally attended the Cologne 2012 version concert and I can attest it was absolutely breathtaking, even more than the original presentation or the Tokyo variant. I had expressed some worries last year regarding Willen's conduction, but boy, how I was wrong: he was simply spectacular, so caught in the flow of the music, so passionate and brilliantly accurate.

That's it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Top Bottom