• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

T-Mobile One plans now include a netflix subscription

mackattk

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tmobile-uncarrier-netflix.htm

Today, there’s the ‘unlimited’ begrudgingly offered by carriers on networks that are struggling under the weight. And then there’s the Un-carrier’s unlimited — riding on the network built for unlimited — that just keeps getting bigger, better and faster. Now, the Un-carrier is going ALL IN on unlimited by adding Netflix — the world’s leading entertainment service — to T-Mobile ONE family plans. Which means anyone with two or more qualifying T-Mobile ONE lines can get Netflix On Us. And T-Mobile ONE with unlimited everything — and now with Netflix included — is still just $40 per line for a family of four. As always, monthly taxes and fees are included.

I am still on a simple choice plan and not wanting to switch to a One plan.. Good news for those that are on the new plans though.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm grandfathered for the two lines $100 unlimited simple choice plan. Is there a similar deal with T-Mobile One?

mackattk

Ah, not bad

For my family, all with unlimited and two that don't use as much, it worked out cheaper actually - the cash back if you don't use much data is pretty nice

Yup.. got in on the old promotion of buy 3 lines, get one free. Then at some point we got two free additional lines, and then black friday tmobile tuesday free line to the account.

So $120 base plus whatever taxes.. Comes out to around $150/month after everything is said and done.

linkboy

I wish AT&T wasn't my best option here. I'd switch in an instant.

I'm in Rapid City, SD and our only real options were AT&T and Verizon. We just had a T-Mobile store open up (with two more on the way). I switched and I'm more then happy. Verizon can kiss my ass after taking data away from me (I had the extra 2GB Wal-Mart pre-paid promotion) and then giving me some BS excuse that my phone used it (3GB in a span of mere hours connected to my WiFi).

The downside to this Netflix deal is that it requires two lines. I only have one. I'd eventually like to move my girlfriend over (and get her an iPhone), but she's happy with her current phone and it'll only work with Verizon.

I'm on the one plan just because I have my mom on this and she wanted unlimited data to watch videos.

Cant really cancel Netflix as I have people using thar. Rip

kirblar

I'm grandfathered for the two lines $100 unlimited simple choice plan. Is there a similar deal with T-Mobile One?
There was a 2/$100 promo price, but they exempted it from this promotion, and it's now up to the base 2/120. So probably not worth it to swap over until you wanted to add a 3rd person. (It's 70/120/140/160/+20x4/+30x4) for their pricing now.
if you already have a plan I think it gives you credit towards Netflix
Yup and if you pick a higher-priced plan, they pay it and just pass the difference on in your next bill, which is a surprisingly good way of handling it.

Thanks for posting this op. I am going to go by a T-Mobile store on my way home today and see what it would cost to get switched over from Verizon.

So this is only for One Family plan. I have a 2 line $100 unlimited plan so look like I'm out of luck. Lame.

Who doesn't own Netflix account in this current day and age? I bet everyone has one and they don't even know they have one.

Might as well be subscription with birth.

Why should I subscribe Netflix when I already have Amazon Prime?

kirblar

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
how does the credit work. does it only apply for a month or monthly? i have the $11.99 plan.
After associating T-Mobile and Netflix accounts, you will pay $2 for your premium plan.

Mortemis

Banned
There was a 2/$100 promo price, but they exempted it from this promotion, and it's now up to the base 2/120. So probably not worth it to swap over until you wanted to add a 3rd person. (It's 70/120/140/160/+20x4/+30x4) for their pricing now.

Yup and if you pick a higher-priced plan, they pay it and just pass the difference on in your next bill, which is a surprisingly good way of handling it.

I'll just stick with my plan then. $10 of Netflix ain't worth $20.

reKon

Banned
Damn what am I doing here. My sister and brother in law just joined T Mobile, so I should probably just join their family plan right?

I have two questions:

1) Can we set up billing in a family plan to charge separately per number?

2) If I was to join their plan, would I lose all the things I'm grandfathered into?

I currently have 10 GB of hotspot LTE data rather than unlimited hotspot data at a lower speed as well as HD video streaming,etc.

kirblar

Damn what am I doing here. My sister and brother in law just joined T Mobile, so I should probably just join their family plan right.

I have two questions:

1) Can we set up billing in a family plan to charge separately per number?

2) If I was to join their plan, would I lose all the things I'm grandfathered into?

I currently have 10 GB of hotspot LTE data rather than unlimited hotspot data at a lower speed as well as HD video streaming,etc.
1) No, you'd just need to pay them your share

2) They may have to manually re-add the One Plus promo, but they've added it to our extra lines added on later w/o a hassle when I've asked.

Mr. Hyde

I switched over my plan to the tmobile one plan during the no fees promo. Website says TMobile one 2 lines or more. I should be good for this!

Mr. Hyde

That's stupid. Hopefully that will change. People complained about the pixel promo and then they added everyone to the promo.

kirblar

That's stupid. Hopefully that will change. People complained about the pixel promo and then they added everyone to the promo.
Yeah, I totally understand why the Senior plan gets excluded, but excluding singletons & 2/100 promos? Bizarre choice.

Zen Aku

Right now I'm still on a TMobile Simple Plan. 5 lines for $130 with 4GB per line. (1 line is free cause of a TMobile Tuesday promo)

Also paying for Netflix right now.
Should I switch?

One step closer to just dumping my regular ISP Cox. The only thing would be those few times I need to upload/download larger files but I can often do that at work.

kirblar

Right now I'm still on a TMobile Simple Plan. 5 lines for $130 with 4GB per line. (1 line is free cause of a TMobile Tuesday promo)

Also paying for Netflix right now.
Should I switch?
If you can get them to maintain the free line promo in the switchover, you'd be at 5 for 160. Netflix would make up $10 of that. So it'd be $20 total to upgrade the lines to the unlimited plans. Depends how much you value that.

Zen Aku

If you can get them to maintain the free line promo in the switchover, you'd be at 5 for 160. Netflix would make up $10 of that. So it'd be $20 total to upgrade the lines to the unlimited plans. Depends how much you value that.

I highly doubt they will do that but I'll look into it. Thank you.

kirblar

I highly doubt they will do that but I'll look into it. Thank you.
Apparently hitting up the @TMobileHelp twitter may be the best bet for something like that. Haven't used it myself but have heard good things about going through them instead of the phone reps.

Charcoal

Are any carriers worth it for just one line? Last time I looked into it, it was still $100+ just for a single line.

How unlimited is their unlimited?

I'm moving to t-mobile just now in Poland and their "unlimited" internet in mobile plan means 20GB and after that they start throttling speed to 1MB/s (which is still better as Orange has like 16kB/s).

Also they are offering netflicks subscription here too in some plans and it's 2 devices option which means no 4K so it's much better to share normal plan with family.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't have to piggy back off my sister anymore? God exists and Tmobile is fucking amazing!!!!!

Hell yes, it just keeps on giving

How unlimited is their unlimited?

I'm moving to t-mobile just now in Poland and their "unlimited" internet in mobile plan means 20GB and after that they start throttling speed to 1MB/s (which is still better as Orange has like 16kB/s).

Also they are offering netflicks subscription here too in some plans and it's 2 devices option which means no 4K so it's much better to share normal plan with family.

They only throttle after 20GB when its congested.....I have used up to 50GB in one month and never really felt limited by it.......most of the time though I get as much speed as I can in the area im in no matter how much usage.

mackattk

Are any carriers worth it for just one line? Last time I looked into it, it was still $100+ just for a single line.

Prepaid is usually the best option for a single line. It sucks how much more you have to pay for a single line compared to family plans per line.

Not worth it. On a 2-line unlimited Metro plan at $75 a month. Too much hassle to save about a dollar on Netflix.

(edit) On both T-mobile and Metro's slowdowns... That's going to depend heavily on where you live. Out in the suburbs you'll likely never see the slowdown. Live in a major metropolitan area? Yeah you'll start to see it after your premium data goes.

kirblar

Prepaid is usually the best option for a single line. It sucks how much more you have to pay for a single line compared to family plans per line.
Seconding this. For a singleton, MetroPCS (it's T-Mobile's prepaid branch, uses the same network) is probably the best way to go at $50 for unlimited. ($60 w/ hotspot) I was with them for two years before jumping

If you have a parent you can buddy up with, T-Mobile's 2/$60 55+ plan is pretty much unbeatable.

edit: Throttling's at 32GB for both MetroPCS/T-Mobile now.

Any info on a 4K sub? Looked but didn't find any. Like, will they pay 10 of the 12$ or will they just be like nah you're on your own with that.

Yeah so they changed the price do that it's $120 included for two lines with the Netflix promo instead of the $100 it was before for the lines themselves. Seeing as we pay 11.99 for Netflix not worth it do the switch

kirblar

Yeah so they changed the price do that it's $120 included for two lines with the Netflix promo instead of the $100 it was before for the lines themselves. Seeing as we pay 11.99 for Netflix not worth it do the switch
Yeah, if you're on 2/100 the only benefit is that it makes your next line effectively +30 instead of +40 if you ever add someone.

Top Bottom