• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell plans major urban expansion over next 5 yrs (50 new locations in NYC alone)

I don't see them making money on this. New Yorkers don't want Taco Bell when there's hundreds of Mexican restaurants around. It's like opening a Dominos or Pizza Hut here.

mkjzmct.gif

I don't see them making money on this. New Yorkers don't want Taco Bell when there's hundreds of Mexican restaurants around. It's like opening a Dominos or Pizza Hut here.

10 or 20 can survive and even do well. But 50? Nah. This isn't McDonalds.

I mean, they somehow survive in Cali, despite having significantly more Mexican restaurants and culture than New York.

Edit: Someone already commented on this, apologies.

Falchion

Please build one at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. It blows my mind I have to drive a few miles to get to one considering how busy this area is.

Ballistik

This is pretty cool, although I still prefer Del Taco!

I rarely go to Taco Bell myself but that Xbox One X promotion has basically turned me into a spokesperson for them so I can collect those codes.

Oxn

Finally,

There isn't a single taco bell near me in the financial district, and non near my home in Brooklyn.

About time.

Its a meme.

But I don't think it is.

I'm with the other guy or gal, GAF loves to talk about their rancid bowel movements at the most convenient opportunity. For some reason, the mere mention of Taco Bell is enough to alert them to an opening.

One time I said "Toirtoise Shell" and thirty-one GAFfers all descended to tell everyone how Taco Bell affects their anus. And I wasn't even on GAF at the time. I was in line at the bank. It was so bizarre. They all followed me home and wanted to use my bathroom and I had to call the police. But they wouldn't come to my low-income neighborhood so I had to board up my windows and crawl around the ground until members dispersed days later.

But I don't think it is.

I'm with the other guy or gal, GAF loves to talk about their rancid bowel movements at the most convenient opportunity. For some reason, the mere mention of Taco Bell is enough to alert them to an opening.

One time I said "Toirtoise Shell" and thirty-one GAFfers all descended to tell everyone how Taco Bell affects their anus. And I wasn't even on GAF at the time. I was in line at the bank. It was so bizarre. They all followed me home and wanted to use my bathroom and I had to call the police. But they wouldn't come to my low-income neighborhood so I had to board up my windows and crawl around the ground until members dispersed days later.

lol wtf

LOLDSFAN

There's literally dozens of Dominos and Pizza Huts in NYC.

A quick google search reveals it is nowhere close to being a GAF only thing.

Fine, I admit it: I've never left NeoGAF. I was abandoned here as a baby. So when I say GAF is the only place I've seen something, it's true, because I've never seen beyond its limits. I have no place else to go.

Giolon

Taco Bell scratches a different itch than Mexican food. It's got a unique taste.

This. In CA, we have plenty of great Mexican food around that I love, but sometimes you just want a Taco Bell taco. I don’t even remotely consider it in the same food group. I’d call it Mexican inspired food or something like that.

I love Taco Bell. Only fast food place I'll really eat anymore.

It can also be surprisingly low calorie if you order right in comparison to somewhere like McDonalds

Valtýr

NYC has some excellent Mexican food but sometimes you just want something cheap and shitty when you're on the go.

There are barely any Taco Bells in the city so I support this move. I dont remember the last time I even had Taco Bell in NYC, if ever.

smurfx

get some go again
Taco Bell scratches a different itch than Mexican food. It's got a unique taste.
pretty much. when people feel like eating mexican food they buy authentic mexican food. i doubt many people say i feel like mexican and then go to taco bell. i don't care if taco bell isn't authentic i enjoy hardshell tacos.

It is so disgusting though.

Taco Bell tastes like they took real food into a lab, broke it down and figured out what chemical compounds could be used to make stuff taste like real food, mass produced the faux food compound, and then sell it in Taco Bell's as food lol.

Farsi

Authentic Mexican restaurants are expensive. Where I live the burritos are over 8 dollars each.

So I get the appeal of Taco Bell. Their spicy options always get me.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Authentic Mexican restaurants are expensive. Where I live the burritos are over 8 dollars each.

So I get the appeal of Taco Bell. Their spicy options always get me.

How big are the burritos though? In Houston depending on the taqueria they're about a 16-24 oz.

Syriel

This. In CA, we have plenty of great Mexican food around that I love, but sometimes you just want a Taco Bell taco. I don’t even remotely consider it in the same food group. I’d call it Mexican inspired food or something like that.

Taco Bell is to Mexican food as McDonald's is to American food.

Both are fast food versions of staples that could never replace the real thing, but instead stand on their own.

I had taco bell for the first time a few weeks ago. Tasted terrible and not very filling. I doubt it will ever be as popular up here as it is in the states.

You don't go to Taco Bell for Mexican food, you go there for Taco Bell.
If what you said is true they wouldn't be making money down here in California.

dafortune

Growing up in new York I would always get upset about how few taco bells there were, especially since the ads we're always on TV. Then I would go there and remember that it sucked.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
taco bell and wendy's are the GOAT nationwide chains

in'n'out is of course on another level altogether but it's not really nationwide :(

Top Bottom