• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to expand globally, plans for 1300 restaurants worldwide incl Latin America

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
I'm at the pizza hut

I'm at the taco bell

I'm at the combination pizza hut and taco bell

finally I'll be able to sing this.

Trying to give drunk people diarrhea worldwide.

Just spreading the love.

tblax.jpeg

Amalthea

Banned
Yeah. Europe makes total sense though. Most of the mexican food I've acfually manages to found over there is somehow even less authentic than Taco Bell.
There is a Mexican food stand in Berne, Switzerland. I think the dudes who run it are Mexican. Most of the time they just talk Spanish, also their tacos taste very different from what you usually get in restaurants here, lots of latino customers too.

I wish somebody could tell me how authentic it tastes.

moojito

We're starting to see some relatively high quality mexican places pop up in Glasgow, similar to the chipotle places over in the colonies. Pretty expensive, though. It's like £7 for a burrito.

I for one welcome some cheap and nasty McMexican.

There's been a massive boom in mexican/TexMex food all over the UK there's restaurants and burrito shops everywhere, I really would've expected taco bell to ride that wave but in the few years they've been here only opened 4 branches

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
There's been a massive boom in mexican/TexMex food all over the UK there's restaurants and burrito shops everywhere, I really would've expected taco bell to ride that wave but in the few years they've been here only opened 4 branches

Yeah up in Newcastle one store has opened a second because it was so popular, be interested to see if TB comes anywhere near here.

Nikodemos

I went to one somewhere...dublin maybe? It was supposedly Tex Mex. Nothing was right. Same thing with a burrito shop in Florence. All the ingredients were technically there and yet, it didn't taste right at all.
There are some differences (which, however, aren't easily noticeable). For one, the corn used to prepare the various pastries, shells etc. isn't nixtamalised, which gives it a very different taste and mouthfeel. Then there's the cilantro issue. Many Europeans can't eat cilatro due to genetic reasons.

There are some differences (which, however, aren't easily noticeable). For one, the corn used to prepare the various pastries, shells etc. isn't nixtamalised, which gives it a very different taste and mouthfeel. Then there's the cilantro issue. Many Europeans can't eat cilatro due to genetic reasons.

I think they can eat cilantro, but it just tastes terrible to a lot of Euros, right?

We don't have any fast food Mexican restaurants in Germany, so please freedomize us oh great US company.
Taco Bell seems perfect for you Euros. It's late night drinking food and you guys are up all night over there in Germany.

PaulloDEC

Keep that shit out of Australia, we already have the GOAT mexican food chain

I tried this for the first time (twice) on a Brisbane trip last weekend. Nachos and Burrito were both great.

Now if we can just get one of these guys to go with the seven Subways and five McDonalds in my town. Realistically they'll probably just put up another Subway.

The only exposure I've ever had to taco bell is Nigel Hawthorne inviting Sly there in Demolition Man.

Begun the franchise wars have?

Nikodemos

I think they can eat cilantro, but it just tastes terrible to a lot of Euros, right?
Yeah, apparently to a lot of Northerners it tastes like cheap dish soap or something.

Taco Bell seems perfect for you Euros. It's late night drinking food and you guys are up all night over there in Germany.
Nothing can beat a greasy doner/shawarma from your neighbourhood street-corner stand.

Elchele

Taco Bell in Latin America?

This would be like opening a Panda Express in China. Why would they want bastardized American versions of their food?

It will fail, already happened in the 90s when they opened a franchise in some Central American countries.

Akahige

If they're smart, they're not gonna try again in Mexico.

Taco Bell tried unsuccessfully to enter the country with their bullshit, overpriced food and it died a quick and painless death.

If you're in this country, you can find a taco joint almost anywhere. An order of tacos will cost you nearly two dollars in any place.

So when they tried to pass tostadas with processed food for nearly six or seven dollars, people just went 'haha fuck you' and the stores closed quickly.

En español, sorry.

And before someone says, 'cite your sources', that place opened up about fifteen minutes from my place.

They were desperate enough to put the tacos at almost 99c and yet, nobody bought those.
That's pretty damn funny and foolish.

CassSept

Taco Bell will look for experienced franchise operators around the globe, with an emphasis on Europe (United Kingdom and Poland)

Cool I guess.

It's predictable who will nab the license so the food may be quite decent.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
There is a Mexican food stand in Berne, Switzerland. I think the dudes who run it are Mexican. Most of the time they just talk Spanish, also their tacos taste very different from what you usually get in restaurants here, lots of latino customers too.

Buy me a plane tickets and I'm there.

Would like El Pollo Loco to expand. European tourists love it.

The harsh reaction to cilantro/coriander is genetic.

we used to have a taco bell here or dunno if still going but damn i never liked it. went to the USA and we went to a taco bell because my aunt loves that shit and it was the same experience it is just bad man. it's like tacos for people that dont know better

Text me a taco, I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom