• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to expand globally, plans for 1300 restaurants worldwide incl Latin America

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about their prices? Taco Bell is some of the cheapest fast food you can get. You aren't going to find deals like the $5 big box anywhere else.
$5 box is a good deal, im talking single items though.
For what you get a single soft taco should seriously cost about half their price.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Taco Bell in Latin America?

This would be like opening a Panda Express in China. Why would they want bastardized American versions of their food?
To be fair, tacos are typically Mexican, not Latin American as a whole.

Parch

The Taco Bell in my neighborhood shut down because it was crap and nobody ate there. They tore down the building and are now building another Tim Hortons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Taco Bell in my neighborhood shut down because it was crap and nobody ate there. They tore down the building and are now building another Tim Hortons.

That's an awful deal. An awful Taco Bell is still worth 20 Timmies.

way more

I think I speak for South Americans when I say, "They don't want you Taco Bell. Real South Americans have real mexican food."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I speak for South Americans when I say, "They don't want you Taco Bell. Real South Americans have real mexican food."

Taco Bell isn't supposed to be real Mexican food. It's fast food Tex-Mex, which is in reality quite a bit different from various local Mexican cuisine types.

Richie

Taco Bell isn't supposed to be real Mexican food. It's fast food Tex-Mex, which is in reality quite a bit different from various local Mexican cuisine types.

I'm Mexican and I'm intrigued to try it out as sort of a "taco spinoff" if that makes sense.

There was no way in hell they'd be a success here the way they approached us, though.

Time to celebrate!

hF2ke9Y.jpg

WHAT the hell is that?

Parch

That's an awful deal. An awful Taco Bell is still worth 20 Timmies.
Never ate there so no big deal to me. This Tim Hortons is going to be a double drive thru. I'm not a fan of Timmies either, but the line ups for their drive thru around here are always lengthy so there's no doubt it will be a much more successful business than an empty Taco Bell.

Fatalah

I had Taco Bell for breakfast for the first time this morning! It was good!

AM Crunchwrap with Sausage. Their awesome new app has made me go to Taco Bell more than I have in the last 2 years combined. (Twice!)

Undubbed

I don't know why I get taco bell when there's a bajillion taco places in my neighborhood.

Probably cause it's almost literally a stone-skip away. Yay, laziness.............

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I went to one somewhere...dublin maybe? It was supposedly Tex Mex. Nothing was right. Same thing with a burrito shop in Florence. All the ingredients were technically there and yet, it didn't taste right at all. It always seems like the Mexican restaurants in Europe are run by people who have heard of Mexican food, looked it up online maybe, but never actually tasted it.
What about Abrakebabra's taco fries? The ones here (before it became a Rockin' Joes) were delectable. Though it does seem to vary from place to place, as a couple of other spots where I had them didn't taste as good.

Well, looks like we're one more step until the franchise wars.

TacoBellDemMan.png

LOL, you don't. In Chile we know nothing about real mexican food. We basically eat Taco Bell or get uninspired burritos from a local chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom