• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Reports Record Results for Fiscal Year 2014: GTA V 33 million shipped

Quentyn

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 13, 2014-- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today reported strong financial results for its fourth quarter and record results for its fiscal year 2014, ended March 31, 2014. In addition, the Company provided its initial financial outlook for its first quarter and fiscal year 2015.

Fiscal Fourth Quarter 2014

GAAP Financial Results

For fiscal fourth quarter 2014, GAAP net revenue was $195.2 million, as compared to $299.5 million for fiscal fourth quarter 2013, which had benefited from the release of BioShock® Infinite. GAAP net loss from continuing operations was $30.8 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, as compared to net income from continuing operations of $21.2 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, for the year-ago period. As of March 31, 2014, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of $935.4 million.

Non-GAAP Financial Results

For fiscal fourth quarter 2014, Non-GAAP net revenue was $233.2 million, as compared to $303.1 million for fiscal fourth quarter 2013. Non-GAAP net income was $21.5 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, as compared to $42.9 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the year-ago period.

The largest contributors to net revenue in fiscal fourth quarter 2014 were NBA® 2K14, Grand Theft Auto V®, Grand Theft Auto Online, Borderlands® 2 and BioShock Infinite. Non-GAAP net revenue from digitally-delivered content grew 51% year-over-year to $122.3 million, led by the Grand Theft Auto series, the NBA 2K franchise and offerings for Borderlands 2. Catalog sales accounted for $75.7 million of Non-GAAP net revenue led by offerings for Borderlands 2, BioShock Infinite, the Grand Theft Auto series and Sid Meier’s Civilization® V.

Fiscal Year 2014

GAAP Financial Results

For fiscal year 2014, GAAP net revenue grew 94% to a record $2.351 billion, as compared to $1.214 billion for fiscal year 2013. GAAP net income from continuing operations increased to a record $361.7 million, or $3.20 per diluted share, as compared to a net loss from continuing operations of $31.2 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, for the prior fiscal year.

Non-GAAP Financial Results

For fiscal year 2014, Non-GAAP net revenue grew 97% to a record $2.414 billion, as compared to $1.222 billion for fiscal year 2013. Non-GAAP net income increased to a record $510.7 million, or $4.26 per diluted share, as compared to $33.1 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, for the prior fiscal year.

The largest contributors to net revenue in fiscal year 2014 were Grand Theft Auto V, NBA 2K14, Borderlands 2, WWE® 2K14, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto Online, BioShock Infinite and offerings for Sid Meier’s Civilization V. Non-GAAP net revenue from digitally-delivered content grew 65% year-over-year to a record $435.1 million, led by offerings for the Grand Theft Auto series, Borderlands 2, the NBA 2K franchise, Sid Meier’s Civilization V and BioShock Infinite.

Management Comments

“During fiscal 2014, Take-Two set new records for both our Company and the entertainment industry,” said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two. “Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto V reached $1 billion in sales faster than any entertainment release in history, NBA 2K14 enjoyed the franchise’s strongest launch, Borderlands 2 became 2K’s top-selling title, and our digitally-delivered revenue grew to its highest level ever. As a result, we delivered record revenue, earnings and cash flow for our shareholders.

“Over the past several years, Take-Two has been transformed into a financially strong, global interactive entertainment company with numerous successful franchises across a variety of genres. We also have complemented the Company’s core business with growing profits from recurrent consumer spending, including add-on content, virtual currency and online gaming. The evolution of Take-Two is reflected in our strong profit outlook for fiscal 2015 and expectation for continued Non-GAAP profitability every year for the foreseeable future.”

Business and Product Highlights

Since January 1, 2014:

Take-Two was the top console and handheld video game publisher of 2013 in North America and Latin America.*

Rockstar Games:

Grand Theft Auto V was the best-selling console video game of 2013 in North America, Latin America and Europe combined.** To date, Grand Theft Auto V has sold-in more than 33 million units.
Released several updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including The Business Update, which provided a suite of new vehicles, weapons and character customizations; The High Life Update, featuring high-end properties, more new vehicles and an array of new Jobs; and The Valentine’s Day Massacre Special, which offered limited-edition 1920’s gangster-themed content.
Released Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for select Android, Kindle and Windows Phone devices.

2K:

Released XCOM®: Enemy Unknown – The Complete Edition for PC and Mac, which includes the original 2012 Game of the Year award-winning title plus the critically acclaimed expansion, XCOM: Enemy Within, along with all of the released add-on content in one package.
Released Sid Meier’s Civilization V: The Complete Edition for PC, which includes the original 2010 Game of the Year award-winning strategy title plus the two critically-acclaimed expansion packs, Gods & Kings and Brave New World, and all of the released add-on content in one package.
Announced that Oklahoma City Thunder superstar, four-time NBA scoring champion, and recently crowned 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player, Kevin Durant, will make his solo cover debut on NBA 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise.*** NBA 2K15 is planned for launch on October 7, 2014 in North America and October 10, 2014 internationally on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.
Announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth™, a new science fiction-themed entry in the award-winning Civilization franchise, is currently in development by Firaxis Games and is planned for release this fall for PC, Mac and Linux.
Announced that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel™, an all-new standalone Borderlands game set in between the award-winning Borderlands and Borderlands 2, is currently in co-development by Gearbox Software and 2K Australia and is planned for launch this fall on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Announced that Evolve™ is planned for launch on the Xbox One, PS4 and PC in fall 2014. Developed by Turtle Rock Studios, the renowned creators of Left 4 Dead, Evolve is an all-new shooter that blends cooperative and competitive multiplayer experiences.
* Based on dollar-value of retail sales, according to data from The NPD Group’s Retail Tracking Service and International Development Group.

** According to data from The NPD Group’s Retail Tracking Service, International Development Group, and GfK Chart-Track.

*** According to 2008 - 2014 Metacritic.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through March 2014.

Financial outlook:

hxL3cSu.png

Lineup:

65BB2LA.png

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1930485&highlight=

The conference call just started. Listen here.

Hip Hop

New red dead? :O

It can't be.

I'm sure they are waiting for a sizeable console fanbase before dropping a totally new game.

It has to be a GTA V port (or a port of some sort). That wouldn't be as expensive and risky as dropping a completely new game on a small fanbase.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rockstar San Diego is probably working on a new Red Dead game.

mnannola

For the love of all things holy, please include a PC port in whatever the next gen project is.

My money is on GTAV next gen.

boingball

Looking at the financial outlook it looks like GTA V PC/PS4/Xbox One The All-in-One Entertainment System will hit after June.

Dysun

The Borderlands Pre-Sequel being PS3/360 baffles me every time I run across it in these threads. I would expect that out of a japanese third party, maybe

GamerSoul

The Borderlands Pre-Sequel being PS3/360 baffles me every time I run across it in these threads. I would expect that out of a japanese third party, maybe

They've said most of their fanbase is still on the PS3/360/PC so it is most likely a business decision. Imo, it's great because we get more Borderlands without having to wait for who knows how long for a true sequel. I hope we get it sooner than Nov though. :/

Quentyn

More sales data from the transcript:

-NBA 2K14 has now shipped more than 6.5 million units. In the US it's also the best selling sports franchise on next-gen consoles and the third highest selling game of any genre on PS4 and Xbox One.

-Borderlands 2 is now at 9 million units shipped

-Bioshock Infinite is now at 6 million units shipped

-Civ V is now at 5 million units shipped

http://seekingalpha.com/article/221...k-on-q4-2014-results-earnings-call-transcript

More sales data from the transcript:

-NBA 2K14 has now shipped more than 6.5 million units. In the US it's also the best selling sports franchise on next-gen consoles and the third highest selling game of any genre on PS4 and Xbox One.

-Borderlands 2 is now at 9 million units shipped

-Bioshock Infinite is now at 6 million units shipped

-Civ V is now at 5 million units shipped

http://seekingalpha.com/article/221...k-on-q4-2014-results-earnings-call-transcript

Thread worthy

Quentyn

Source? Last I heard it was being co-developed by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, same as 2K14.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/13/wwe-2k15-may-miss-regular-fall-release-.aspx

Yeah, it is a bit unclear. Here is the complete quote.

Wrestling fans can look forward to a new annual release from our WWE 2K franchise, which promises to take the series to new heights. This will be our first next-generation WWE 2K title and also the first in the series to leverage the development expertise of Visual Concepts, which has made NBA 2K a perennial favorite and one of our most successful franchises.

They don't really say anything about Yuke's. It is likely there are still involved though, considering Visual Concepts also has to make the next NBA 2K game.

Renekton

Holy @#$% at NBA 2K14 numbers.

I could still remember when 2K was under Sega's VC and struggling against the EA's Live.

Top Bottom