• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria launches on January 24

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sooner than expected.

Soriku

giphy.gif

RE 7, KH II.8, Yakuza 0 and Tales of at the the same day? Gravity Rush is January 20th too =/

"Thanks, FF XV" is the new "Thanks, Obama".

Ydelnae

STOP the January thing. I took a damn semester off because everything was releasing fall 2016. Now everything is releasing when I don't have time to play video games. Ugh.

Cess007

Well, you guys are asking for companies to release games outside the Holidays; and here we are :p

On a serious note; i really need to start saving D:

Alucrid

Banned
so i just need to beat tales, gravity rush 2, kingdom hearts 2.8 and yakuza 0 all before persona 5 comes out. ok. sure

royox

And now it's when Nintendo fucking loses it and announces NX and Zelda for Jan-Feb

God dammit japan STOP.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ah man...Fucking hell...What to do? I want to play this but I already prepaid GR2 and RE7...Hmm. That's one hell of a January in any case.

Games I want get delayed from a busy fall. Yay.

They all choose the same month. Boo!

January gonna be another big month for me.

Quonny

Cool beans. Nothing better than wanting to support a developer but they all release the games you want in the same month thus you won't buy them all at launch thus they take it as "well there must not be demand".

My. Favorite.

kewlmyc

Fuck the beginning of 2017. WAY TOO MANY JAPANESE GAMES BEING RELEASED AT ONCE.

5 month turnaround for Bamco is pretty impressive however. Good for them.

Do these pubs pay attention to what other games are coming out?

"Oh shit! FFXV and Last Guardian are out the same week! What do we do?"
"Let's dump our game in January!"
"Brilliant! Thank god no one else is thinking the same thing!"

Oregano

And now it's when Nintendo fucking loses it and announces NX and Zelda for Jan-Feb

God dammit japan STOP.

You know maybe they're throwing everything out in Jan-Feb because NX is supposed to be out in March...

Nah, they're probably just idiots.

God dammit japan STOP.

Well, good thing these aren't multiplayer games that have the risk of the online community dying out. You can just play them one by one and spent a year on just the games that release in the first half of 2017...

Begaria

I've already got Gravity Rush 2 pre-ordered from before it's delayed. Now I need to plunk down cash for Yakuza 0, KH 2.8, Tales of Berseria, Nioh, Persona 5, Berserk, and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

...*sighs* something has got to give. Maybe I'll get Berseria, and Berserk at a later date on a Steam sale.

StereoVsn

RE 7, KH II.8, Yakuza 0 and Tales of at the the same day? Gravity Rush is January 20th too =/

"Thanks, FF XV" is the new "Thanks, Obama".
Ahh, yeah, good luck to Tales I guess. GR2, Yakuza in January and then Persona 5 in Feb for me. That's one busy month.

Do these pubs pay attention to what other games are coming out?
I mean, what do you want them to do? Febrauary isn't any better. Should they just sit on the finished game for months and wait for a week that is empty (which never happens anymore). Maybe July would be better? lol

There are just a ton of games coming out in general

ys45

Remember when January was a quiet month for video games and you could work on your back log ?

I miss that time ....

Lynx_7

Man there are going to be some losers in Jan/Feb. Way too much, way too close together.

I just hope P5 doesn't end up being one of those losers.

I'm kinda hoping Nintendo pushes Zelda back a few months now because my wallet is gonna need a breather.

I--wait, what?

I actually didn't expect it so early. I haven't even played Zestiria yet. This may actually be a blessing in disguise because by the time I get to it, I can probably pick it up for $20 on Steam like I could now with Zestiria, if I'd just been smart and decided not to pick it up at launch.

Mik317

look at all these lames who aren't good enough to play all these games at the same damn time.

git gud

this is why I barely beat games lol.

Ydelnae

I planned to buy KH2.8, Berseria, Gravity Rush, DQ8, Persona 5, RE7 and Nioh day one. Now it's just KH and Persona. I just don't have time for the rest. I don't get why they are putting all these games with similar demographics (except RE7) less than a month apart.

Top Bottom