• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria launches on January 24

I just hope P5 doesn't end up being one of those losers.

I'm kinda hoping Nintendo pushes Zelda back a few months now because my wallet is gonna need a breather.

Nah persona 5 only has For Honor and Sniper Elite 4 to contend with and those games have vastly different audiences so it should be fine.

giphy.gif

this is the best, thank you

Nah persona 5 only has For Honor to contend with and those two games have vastly different audiences so it should be fine.

Nioh and Horizon are pretty big.

Berseria should do fine if it's indeed better than Zestiria as import impressions are saying. It and P5 seem like they're competing with each other.

Rainy

Banned
I'm really excited for this. Impressions from the Import Thread have been more positive than I expected. Might be the best Tales game in quite a while.

DNAbro

I just hope P5 doesn't end up being one of those losers.

I'm kinda hoping Nintendo pushes Zelda back a few months now because my wallet is gonna need a breather.

If I had to guess Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 and going to be the main ones who screwed by this. Persona 5 has enough hype for it that I think it will be fine, even just a week before Horizon.

As a note I would be getting Berseria, but I'm saving money for Persona 5 LE and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

All I need to know is: Does it drop the equipment skill system fron Zestiria and acknowledges it was the worst idea ever?

Did we ever get confirmation if February is the WW release for Nioh or if that's just the japanese date?

Feb 9th is confirmed WW

Did we ever get confirmation if February is the WW release for Nioh or if that's just the japanese date?

Worldwide. Confirmed at TGS.

Forgot about Nioh! Yeah that might be slightly concerning but I doubt persona and horizon will have too much overlap.

Horizon''ll probably limit the game's mainstream success but within its niche it should be fine. It's Berseria and KH that are the real threats since they have three weeks to start picking up good word of mouth.

KraytarJ

So I have 3 weeks to play Yakuza and Tales, then 2 weeks to play Persona, just to get to Horizon which will be who knows how far in front of NX. This is all without taking For Honor or a quick turnaround on Nier into account. It's just way too much stuff, is Japan aware there are more months to the year than January and February?

Cess007

I'm really excited for this. Impressions from the Import Thread have been more positive than I expected. Might be the best Tales game in quite a while.

Wait, what? really? After the borefest Zestiria was, i kinda lost hype for Berseria. Are you telling I'll have to buy this Tales of Day-1 too? D:

These idiots-_-

Video pubs have no idea how to spread their games, then they get upset that they don't seek that well since people have to make decisions about what to buy since everything is released in a span of weeks while the rest of the year is mostly barren.

Wonder when Nier's coming out. It's February for Japan.

Definitely don't think it'll be a worldwide launch. At TGS Square Enix were quick to reveal international PR for World of FF and Kingdom Hearts 2.8, but they said nothing about Nier.

Not only with KH 2.8, but with all these other games, I think they were deliberately being a bit more cautious with it. It'll probably be within March (earliest) - June (latest). April or May sound good to me.

Zedark

Yes, I need this! Great timing for me, can balance this and GR2 quite well.
sorry Yakuza, I will never forget you!

kewlmyc

At least Berseria comes out on PC too, so those 4 people who are into JRPGs yet don't have a PS4 won't be bombarded with choice this Jan-Feb.

confirmed

NX

There's the chance of a delay but bear in mind that's true for all upcoming games, including the ones in this thread (wouldn't be surprised to see 1/4 of these Jan/Feb releases get cold feet). The official word at the moment is March.

Confirmed? I thought south park was just Q1 2017 and if mass effect makes it I'll eat my left toe.

Yeah, actually, I think ME and South Park are just "Q1", but going by precedent and Ubi having For Honour in February I'm assuuuuuming they're March?

DMONKUMA

Wait what else is confirmed March? Just ghost recon wildlands right?

Like others said it's launch of NX(if it doesn't get delayed...) and maybe Zelda if it is a launch title plus some other good games that can make it during that time. March is also the time when the flood gates open during or after it is when a lot of games start coming out.

Lynx_7

I hope Horizon gets delayed again. Didn't Uncharted 4 get two? Gotta make that a tradition from now on.

Begaria

For niche games like this – and Gravity Rush 2 – it actually makes sense to release during the lull period of the post-festive season. Either that or summer.

I get the logic behind this but that sure is a lot of niche games coming out all at the same time in a short amount of time.

I hope Horizon gets delayed again. Didn't Uncharted 4 get two? Gotta make that a tradition from now on.

It's a massive open-world game and Sony has a history of delays this gen. If it does, I wouldn't be surprised.

It'd be really fascinating if that game wound up going directly against Zelda.

Uncharted was delayed three times. Holiday 2015 --> March --> April --> May.

Anyone who has the import copy can tell me if the game supports co-op and to what extent? Can you play the entire game together with a buddy couch co-op style?

Top Bottom