• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces f English Trailer | Dated for March 13, 2012 in North America

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I actually like the art on the reversible cover much better. That's what I have my Korean copy as.

RPGCrazied

I doubt thats the cover, but it is a nice one. That is the japanese cover. I hope its used, but I'm sure it'll be a different one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I actually like the art on the reversible cover much better. That's what I have my Korean copy as.
Yeah. I flipped my Japanese copy's cover around too; I like the reversible art a lot better.

But the standard Japanese art has really nice aesthetic, purely because of the shade of green employed.

Man... the future arc is making everything spoilerish for the people who haven't played it. So disappointing.
I am surprised that
they've shown some Future arc stuff in the trailer already, I think. I know people who haven't played the game won't know better, but it's quite disappointing that they might get stuff spoiled for them without knowing it. I usually like knowing what happens to the characters after the game ends, so I liked the Future Arc.

Paracelsus

Yeah, not a chance I'm going to wait Summer '12 for this, by then I will have platinumed the game twice on two accounts.

Vamphuntr

Do we know who are the voice actors on the english dub yet?

As for the packaging, the boxart is really nice.

Hopefully the billingual packaging has hilarious translation mistakes. The french text on the box of Xenosaga III implied that someone used a french dictionnary from 1840 to translate the text. "Les échoppes sont de retour!". Nice contrast with the whole space opera feel of the game.

If you have to translate it at least do it properly.

Neki

Fucking Johnny Young Bosch again?????

..........Don't tell me Yuri Lowenthal is in there as well.

If the game actually uses this style it would be awesome. I don't really like the "chibified" look of the characters... but it's not a really big deal and maybe they'll grow me later.

why you hate yuri

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
As much as we know right now, he's not there.

Eh...? I could have sworn I heard him on the trailer... he's the one doing the monologue, right....?

It definitely sounded like him... or maybe I'm mistaken?

why you hate yuri

Well, maybe "hate" is not the proper word but more like 'fed up'. Dragon Age Origin must have something to do with it: my most played game this gen and he voiced the same characters that are literally standing apart only a few meters away.

...actually him voicing the main character in Lunar PSP was the main reason why my desire to play the game diminished greatly.

Labadal

I like the cover art. Every store that has the game up for pre-order has this cover for the game. I still think the average Joe will look at it and say something like: Meh, pass.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nice cover, although Tales of Vesperia US' cover seems to be more appealing to the regular joe (I guess) that this boxart.

Also, it looks like they'll release a good number of DLC for this game judging by the boxart.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is the reversible cover from the Japanese version, for those who are curious (this is not my pic, but I really like this cover art):

2HXkt.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is almost everyone who imported Graces f using the alternate boxart or something? :lol

I would've taken a pic of mine, but it's almost 5:30 AM here and I'd probably wake someone.

kiryogi

Banned
Is almost everyone who imported Graces f using the alternate boxart or something? :lol

I would've taken a pic of mine, but it's almost 5:30 AM here and I'd probably wake someone.

Maybe so :O I like it the most anyway, big emphasis on the characters of the most importance. IE: Asbel/Sofie/Cheria/Richard.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe so :O I like it the most anyway, big emphasis on the characters of the most importance. IE: Asbel/Sofie/Cheria/Richard.
Same; as soon as I opened the case, I decided to reverse the cover because this one was better, lol. Colour selections and the base character art (especially of Asbel, Sophie, and Cheria) look a lot better than the default art too.

kayos90

Same; as soon as I opened the case, I decided to reverse the cover because this one was better, lol. Colour selections and the base character art (especially of Asbel, Sophie, and Cheria) look a lot better than the default art too.

Not even that. The poses on the green one is very bland and the arrangement is ugly and boring. I'm surprised they didn't make the inside cover pic the main cover

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Not even that. The poses on the green one is very bland and the arrangement is ugly and boring. I'm surprised they didn't make the inside cover pic the main cover
Yeah, they're all cramped in this arrangement, and the art suffers a little as a result.

I really dislike the Asbel pose on the default green cover in comparison to the alternate yellow one. It's so weird...

weeaboo

Fantasy and Adventure Comes to North America this March

SAN JOSE, Calif., (December 14, 2011) – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced the release date for next year’s Tales of Graces™ f, exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Tales of Graces f combines lush animated graphics, a dramatic storyline and an exciting real-time battle system into a sprawling epic for fans of the Tales of series and Japanese RPGs. Tales of Graces f will be available in North America on March 13, 2012.

Tales of Graces f brings the renowned and beloved Tales of series to the PlayStation 3 system for the first time in North America. Set amidst the conflict of three kingdoms competing for planetary dominance, the story follows Asbel Lhant and his friends as they come to discover just how far they will go to protect the bonds of friendship between them in a quest that stretches beyond their comprehension.

For the first time in the Tales of series, the combat system lets the player freely change attack style depending on the battle situation. The characters’ distinctive weapons can be swapped for different styles, and the new combat system is easier to control while simultaneously adding new levels of tactical depth. The title is developed by NAMCO TALES STUDIO LTD. in Japan with the aim of bringing to life the rich depth of the evocative characters created by Mutsumi Inomata.

Tales of Graces f will be available in Europe in summer 2012 and localized in German and French. More details on the European version coming soon.

For more information on the Tales of Graces f and the Tales of series, please visit http://www.talesrpg.com

Tales of Graces f will be available in Europe in summer 2012 and localized in German and French. More details on the European version coming soon.

*Sigh*

Import time I guess

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
After the whole Xenoblade disaster, I'm glad we get it first and don't have to wait. :p Sorry EU.

Hey at least the EU guys can import it without doing anything funny on their PS3. :p

Labadal

I will not be importing from the US this time. I have the game pre-ordered from a UK online store for a cheap price thanks to vouchers. I will wait.

Yazuka

You can't wait 3 months? Or is it something else.

I think its just the time waiting for the game. I live in Europe too and I'm gonna import it.
This is one of my most anticipated games for next year. No way I'm waiting 3-4 months extra to play it. When I can just import the US version.
But hey, I can only speak for me. But I would guess its something like that for all of us who import.

Torraz

Importing from the US should also be cheaper, in addition to having the game a lot faster.

Then again, no interest in the localization since I played the JP version, well except if it hits 10-15 bucks bomba price (if ever).

kayos90

Importing from the US should also be cheaper, in addition to having the game a lot faster.

Then again, no interest in the localization since I played the JP version, well except if it hits 10-15 bucks bomba price (if ever).

If you want to support the franchise you should probably buy it.

Rpgmonkey

Just saw they're using some of Inomata's artwork for the box. Nice.

At least we can avoid the use of Hot Wheels flames this time.

Firestorm

Inomata art makes me think they have expectations in check and don't expect this to sell millions. Namco finally realizes Tales is a niche franchise? Maybe!

Top Bottom