• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

Dice//

Banned
I already finished Jude's route and know the gist of what happens in Mila's route. Is it worth going back and finishing it entirely?

THe stuff that happens when "Milla's missing" is honestly awful to play.
Not very big spoilers beyond basic description:
You get a pseudo-cool, kind-of-annoying retro Instagram filtered dream segment where Milla's mute and you watch things go down.

Jude's route is actually more fulfilling, plot-wise.... ironically enough (because Jude himself is somewhat un-important to the plot compared to the rest of the cast).

Taruranto

I already finished Jude's route and know the gist of what happens in Mila's route. Is it worth going back and finishing it entirely?

Unless you really, really enjoyed Xillia I don't see a reason to go through the game twice for a couple of different scenes at best.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Unless you really, really enjoyed Xillia I don't see a reason to go through the game twice for a couple of different scenes at best.

Yea, good point. Would probably burn out before Xilla 2 which wouldn't be ideal.

I can't imagine that Bamco will remove this feature, but at least in the Japanese/Asian games, the in-game screenshot feature was available, letting you take screenshots during the game from the XMB, hence:

BoX6BvnCMAAp43o.png
Bn48npuCMAE1bn3.png

BeeL2AhCYAAZTqO.png
BeE4wRICIAANWro.png

It's a cool feature that I wished more games used and kinda cool to see Xillia 2 have it.

Tohsaka

I can't imagine that Bamco will remove this feature, but at least in the Japanese/Asian games, the in-game screenshot feature was available, letting you take screenshots during the game from the XMB, hence:

It's a cool feature that I wished more games used and kinda cool to see Xillia 2 have it.

Nice, I wish the PS3 had a standard screenshot utility like the PS4/Vita.

3Kaze

Yup. Too bad we can't take screenshots of copyrighted stuff (madoka costumes etc).

Nice, something tells me though that Namco Bandai cut them out from the US/EU release..., hope I'm wrong though. What other skins you could unlock in Xillia 2?

Well Bamco didn't cut the Karta card game from Graces and that had more unlocalized Tales characters so I see no reason for them to do this.

You can basically unlock skins of most of the NPCs in the game. It's pretty amusing to see that happen.

Well Bamco didn't cut the Karta card game from Graces and that had more unlocalized Tales characters so I see no reason for them to do this.

You can basically unlock skins of most of the NPCs in the game. It's pretty amusing to see that happen.

Okay, hope you are right on this one, but I guess we should see that next week with the release. Sounds really cool, hope Stan is in there too, he is still my favorite character from the Tales games.

FSLink

Banned
Nice, something tells me though that Namco Bandai cut them out from the US/EU release..., hope I'm wrong though. What other skins you could unlock in Xillia 2?

No reason to believe this since in newer localizations they haven't cut anything outside of some licensed DLC costumes.

And I also feel that it's a bit of a spoiler to mention those cameo models, but eh, if you're looking to not be spoiled on Xillia 2 you probably should go on a media blackout until release anyway since it's so close.

Okay, hope you are right on this one, but I guess we should see that next week with the release. Sounds really cool, hope Stan is in there too, he is still my favorite character from the Tales games.
Stahn?
A decent amount of skin transformations are available from the post game dungeon. He's one of them and a little cameo heh.

Stahn?
A decent amount of skin transformations are available from the post game dungeon. He's one of them and a little cameo heh.

Good to know, he can be also used as a skin, could think who would be that cameo though.

FSLink, I do not mind spoilers, but I know others do, I'll get the game anyway next week,
good that Namco Bandai good better with the localization stuff. Xillia 1 has been a while I played it.

Xenoflare

I don't know if this is answered or not.

The costume DLCs from Xillia 1 can carry over to 2 right?

I think I asked before and didn't get an answer haha.

chrono01

I don't know if this is answered or not.

The costume DLCs from Xillia 1 can carry over to 2 right?

I think I asked before and didn't get an answer haha.
Indeed!

The costume DLC will carry over from Tales of Xillia into Tales of Xillia 2, although the attachments in-game [after being awarded Titles] will not.

Persona7

Banned
It's doable depending if you just want to complete it (if you're going for 100% it'll take longer). Beat X1 in a weekend.

I think I am going to just leave it so I don't burn myself out. Maybe watch a few plot points or something like that on youtube instead.

It seems there is a recap video on youtube, if anyone else cares.

Persona7

Banned
I seriously can't get over how nice the steelbook is. I am really glad with the NA designs they chose for Symphonia Chronicles and this game.

The DLC voucher for the CE seems to be included inside the steelbook and not inside the sealed game case if anyone wanted to know.

Ultimadrago

So I've skimmed that the story is broken up into chapters where your character choices are pre-set and locked (sans Ludger). How does this work out exactly?

Will I know exactly when a chapter is going to begin so I'm not suddenly stripped from other teammates for a very long time? Will I only be able to freely choose through most of them at the very end?

I may have misread it because I'm hoping it's not as restricting as it sounds. I'm not sure whether it's no different than the usual "_____ leaves party" for a bit as usual or something different.

I'm spending my last weekend before school for this. My friend really hates when I play tales games in front of him. He gets really mad at some of the dialogue. Especially hubert from graces.

Rhapsody

Banned
So close to release date and no further news on preorders getting the costumes.

I'm just going to assume we're not getting them : /

Persona7

Banned
So I've skimmed that the story is broken up into chapters where your character choices are pre-set and locked (sans Ludger). How does this work out exactly?

Will I know exactly when a chapter is going to begin so I'm not suddenly stripped from other teammates for a very long time? Will I only be able to freely choose through most of them at the very end?

I may have misread it because I'm hoping it's not as restricting as it sounds. I'm not sure whether it's no different than the usual "_____ leaves party" for a bit as usual or something different.

You basically choose when you want to start a chapter after you gain access to it by clearing away a certain amount of debt. Most of the chapters start by going to a new place or talking to someone (and its like are you sure you want to start a new chapter thing) so you never really face the whole enter a new map and suddenly starting a new chapter.

The chapters themselves aren't very long and yes, you really are stuck with preselected characters until the end. It's more like the party splits up than characters leaving the party.

This character selection restriction is also there for the character stories though you usually get at least one character choice for those.

It's only kinda restricting for the main story. During free time/debt paying, you can choose whomever you want to use.

The CE costumes? I am sure I read that you can't get them outside of the CE and they will not be selling them after launch either. The hardcover strategy guide also has DLC but I am not sure what it is exactly.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/14/tales-of-xillia-2-the-story-so-far/#comment-1011263

The guides nets you-wait for it:
BONUS DLC - exclusive PS3 Dynamic Theme included with the purchase of the guide *
woooooooooo!

Ultimadrago

You basically choose when you want to start a chapter after you gain access to it by clearing away a certain amount of debt. Most of the chapters start by going to a new place or talking to someone (and its like are you sure you want to start a new chapter thing) so you never really face the whole enter a new map and suddenly starting a new chapter.

The chapters themselves aren't very long and yes, you really are stuck with preselected characters until the end. It's more like the party splits up than characters leaving the party.

This character selection restriction is also there for the character stories though you usually get at least one character choice for those.

It's only kinda restricting for the main story. During free time/debt paying, you can choose whomever you want to use.

Okay, thanks for the clarification! It doesn't sound bad when you put it that way.

ohlawd

pls tell me there's something like unlocking a theme for buying a set of DLC.

I've been rocking my imas theme for so long now.

Persona7

Banned

The guides nets you-wait for it:

woooooooooo!

It's a Tales of Xillia 2 custom theme for the PS3.

Edit: Beaten!

ah, ok. Last time I checked it just said "exclusive DLC included" or something like that. Thanks!

FSLink

Banned
The opening? It is.

No, the PS3 custom theme included with the guide. I know the Xillia 1 theme I got with the Collector's Edition (US) was different than the preorder theme I got for the JP release. Gold instead of green coloring. :p

Here's one picture of the Xillia 2 theme I got for preordering the JP version. Cycles through characters like the X1 version.

Top Bottom