• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Return of the Bazongas

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to say, I am eyeing that guide. Looks fancy.

I liked Xillia and I was kind of sad to see new protagonists and characters in the sequel...

How major is the role of the old characters in the game and are they playable and have a decent story?

These factors are going to affect my purchase...

Seda

I liked Xillia and I was kind of sad to see new protagonists and characters in the sequel...

How major is the role of the old characters in the game and are they playable and have a decent story?

These factors are going to affect my purchase...

The Xillia cast is playable and they are still main characters. There are even character sidequests devoted to them.

aravuus

I think I am going to just leave it so I don't burn myself out. Maybe watch a few plot points or something like that on youtube instead.

It seems there is a recap video on youtube, if anyone else cares.

Mind posting the url? I also can't be arsed to replay ToX1 after all in fear of burning myself out. The sequel should feel a lot fresher this way.

Mendrox

True, true haha idk, I REALLY want to like the games :(

Turn your brain off and just enjoy something good. Tales of Games aren't games which shine with their story/sometimes gameplay. The complete package and what u do with it makes them so good.

Also Xillia 1 and Xillia 2 are quiet short. Or you could play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles to get the feeling. Vesperia would be an awesome game to get into them too (Soundtrack, gameplay are very nice, best Tales of main character in this game).

Tales of Xillia 2s Opening Theme is the best thing ever. Just catchy and epic. :)

R0ckman

"Despite his cool demeanor, Ludger likes to keep his life simple."

This characteristic isn't in opposition to the life style. Why is it in despite? Lol they are just making up bios on the fly that seem to sound good to them. Need to make sense? Lol, nah.

Also, the special cameo DLC costumes in NA are CE only. Luckily I have no interest in them this time.

MSMrRound

In case there are any fellow Tales Of fans from the South East Asian countries, Bandai Namco SEA is finally on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoSEA) (Like...finally. At last, somewhere I can go to for local information)

BvDZWPjCAAAVZjp.jpg:large

Heard BNSEA are going to join the inaugural GameStart gaming convention in Singapore in October. Hopefully they will have some Tales of Xillia 2 posters for grabs.

Pre-ordering the game from specific retailers, and you will get a Rollo keychain too. UUURGH tempting.

ToX2 confirmed formats for Region 3 countries:

Meh.

Do my costumes from the last game carry over? Not the ones I bought, but the ones I unlocked from having a Graces f save file.

I believe the non paid DLC costumes don't carry over. (Probably the preorder ones do but I never had them to find out).

So the small number you could unlock in game in Xillia 1 or the alternative colors DLC one don't mostly cause you unlock them in game again.

kewlmyc

Kinda sad that I cancelled my CE order. Had no idea that the DLC was CE exclusive and that the CE came with a steelbook. Oh well, still too much for a CE for me.

Ibuki

Banned
I liked Xillia one but didn't get very far. Should I play through 1 if I plan to get 2 or just watch a recap so I don't get burned out?

chrono01

If you still own it, finish Xillia. Not sure if any recaps exist.
Agreed.

And it's not as though Tales of Xillia is extremely lengthy, especially if you don't bother with a second play-through/post-game content.

Just play as Jude to get the bulk of the story. At least, that's what I've read.

Jolkien

I hope the game don't assume you remember every little intricate details of Xillia combat system cause I certainly forgotten most about it. I platinumed Xillia but it's been a while and I played so many games since then -_-

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I hope the game don't assume you remember every little intricate details of Xillia combat system cause I certainly forgotten most about it. I platinumed Xillia but it's been a while and I played so many games since then -_-

Something, something, main Jude, spam tiger punch, collect gald.

All I can recall.

Seda

The game's (optional) tutorials assume you haven't played Xillia.

Jolkien

The game's (optional) tutorials assume you haven't played Xillia.

Good to know thanks. On another note I checked the trophy list and it looks to be a LOT grindier than Xillia, not sure if I'll bother with the platinum. I'll most likely knock out every single quest and post game activity.

Edit: Holy shit I'm no longer a Junior !

I really can't wait for this game on Tuesday. UPS always brings my amazon stuff around 2:30. I have the CE preordered from amazon just like I did with Tales of Xilla. TOX was my fav rpg in the past decade by far and the first game I ever bothered to platinum. I was a little sad that the plat trophy took less than 60 hours for such an awesome rpg.

So far from the previews I only really have 2 negatives going in this one. The main character looks horrible and dull from the previews, I hope that isn't the case. And the debt system just seems dumb as hell. Either way, I took off work the entire next week to play this.

Mohasus

I liked Xillia one but didn't get very far. Should I play through 1 if I plan to get 2 or just watch a recap so I don't get burned out?

I played the first one some days ago (first playthrough) skipping pretty much every non-boss battle (and ate 100% bonus xp food before bosses), took me 24h to finish it, I was level 70 by the end without grinding. Could be a little faster if I didn't expend time doing some sidequests.

I played this way exactly because I didn't want to be burned out when ToX2 released.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why am I so excited for this game?

Maybe I'm just craving an RPG. Xillia hit all the right notes for me,so I'm optimstic that this'll do the same.

Shojx

I've been looking forward to finally playing this all summer, I can't believe it's so close!

Amazon estimates it'll deliver my copy next Friday at the earliest (free shipping), but I seem to always get my preorders on release day regardless of their estimates or the shipping I choose, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that'll happen again this time.

Heman

I remember really struggling with the combat system in the previous game. If possible could someone direct me to a good explanation of how its supposed to work .

I really wanted to like the first game but the combat just eluded me .

Coolade

I remember really struggling with the combat system in the previous game. If possible could someone direct me to a good explanation of how its supposed to work .

I really wanted to like the first game but the combat just eluded me .

I actually went through the entire tales of xillia without ever performing a chained arte or super move because I didn't realize i could :x had to watch the ending of the game on youtube, couldnt beat the last boss. But I know better now. Looking forward to this. Combat system was somewhat confusing to me too.

Top Bottom