• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria pops up in Steam database

Jay RaR

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

I never thought about Tales of coming to the PC and seeing this...I really am glad I bought a PC as my favorite game series are coming to it as time marches on. I was gonna save my PS3 for Tales of Zestiria but hell I'll just get it in the superior PC port instead. A nice bonus if Symphonia Chronicles or the Xillia games make it on PC as well!

But most of all, I want...no I NEED that Vesperia port to PC. It MUST happen, it MUST!

Tizoc

Wishlist adjusted: will buy the game on Steam now.
And boy do I hope this means we'll get more Namco titles on Steam! :>

You mean aside from
Naruto Ultimate Storm 4
One Piece Musou 3

To name a few?

Please use your magic and make SMT and Persona happen on PC next thanks

HIS TIME WILL COME
VFzG5ZB.jpg

Kouriozan

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

I never thought about Tales of coming to the PC and seeing this...I really am glad I bought a PC as my favorite game series are coming to it as time marches on. I was gonna save my PS3 for Tales of Zestiria but hell I'll just get it in the superior PC port instead. A nice bonus if Symphonia Chronicles or the Xillia games make it on PC as well!

But most of all, I want...no I NEED that Vesperia port to PC. It MUST happen, it MUST!
This.
Vesperia PS3 (the enhanced version with Flynn as permanent member) was never released outside of Japan, I hope Banco will consider releasing it for the West someday.

LuuKyK

This does remind me though, I need to get a controller adapter. :|

Can't imagine its possible/comfortable to play a tales of game with mouse and keyboard.

That considering a PS4 port isn't announced later of course. Still, I need one. I am so good at procrastinating, god help me.

Nyoro SF

This does remind me though, I need to get a controller adapter. :|

Can't imagine its possible/comfortable to play a tales of game with mouse and keyboard.

That considering a PS4 port isn't announced later of course. Still, I need one. I am so good at procrastinating, god help me.

I actually play all my RPGs with a kb+m whenever possible. Especially the turn-based ones. Quite possible and a lot of fun (at least I think it's fun, especially with menus)

I'd laugh hard if after this, Namco ported the 360 version of Vesperia to PC.

I mean I'd take it, but I would be very disappointed that the extra PS3 content would not be there.

Namco is such a huge company, I dunno if they even notice the request for a complete Vesperia port.... :(

LuuKyK

I actually play all my RPGs with a kb+m whenever possible. Especially the turn-based ones. Quite possible and a lot of fun (at least I think it's fun, especially with menus)

Me too, its fine, but Tales is completely different than anything turn based so its bound to be a lot more complicated than that.

Nzyme32

There's no guarantee at all. Lots of games make it into the Steam db and never get a port.

JaceC says there are dozens of examples, however putting that in perspective with the amount of titles that show up on steamDB and are released, "lots never get a port" is probably disingenuous.

There is no guarantee, but by simple ratios the outlook is fairly decent

Brofist

I haven't played the series since Vesperia, is this a similar playing game? I would buy it in a heartbeat if released on Steam.

There's some content missing from the XBOX 360 version, like Patty Fleur.

But it's still a good game. I really really hope to get the PlayStation 3 content of the game someday, though.
I stopped playing the XBOX 360 version of the game, because I like to play as Patty.

I think that if they ported it to PC, they would probably include the PlayStation 3 content.
And if they didn't... that would be very disappointing. But I would hope someone would mod it back in.

Is the 360 version of Vesperia terrible?

It's missing an extra character and some extra content. It's not terrible, but it's incomplete compared to the PS3 version.
I've never really looked up the exact changes that the PS3 version made, but here's hoping that it fixed the
dreadfully boring final act, and final boss who had no real motives or even character development. Yuri essentially told him to stop, and he was like 'ok'.

(massive spoilers if you care about story in tales games).

It's missing an extra character and some extra content. It's not terrible, but it's incomplete compared to the PS3 version.
I've never really looked up the exact changes that the PS3 version made, but here's hoping that it fixed the
dreadfully boring final act, and final boss who had no real motives or even character development. Yuri essentially told him to stop, and he was like 'ok'.

(massive spoilers if you care about story in tales games).

They didn't BUT they added a lot of lines of dialog along the way to make it less abrupt.

Interesting if true. The more people who experience this series, the better. Hopefully they can fix the AI issues I've heard about.

Vesperia fans need to let it go.

Quote for truth. Been saying this since 2011, when it was skipped over once for another game instead of eight separate occasions and before they've started shooting it down constantly when pressed on it.

Vesperia PS3's localization would not be the "cheap port that will generate easy money" people are making it out to be. The additional voicework required is equivalent to 3/4 of the 360 version's script and dubbing ain't cheap (it's often the most expensive part of the localization process!), especially now that Troy Baker is a big shot VA. Neither is script translation. Plus, Namco has made it pretty clear on social media that it isn't happening since they're focusing on newer stuff.

sgs2008

I hope xillia 2 comes as well my ps3 died after i finished the first xillia. So need to catch up with zestiria and xillia 2.

Jathaine

JaceC says there are dozens of examples, however putting that in perspective with the amount of titles that show up on steamDB and are released, "lots never get a port" is probably disingenuous.

There is no guarantee, but by simple ratios the outlook is fairly decent

Disingenuous? No.
It simply means that "lots" doesn't mean the same thing to you that it does to me. I just don't think this is enough to go on and I want to wait for more. Good to know but not enough to get hyped over.

There is a fractional chance that if this is legit a PS4 version is not coming.

If anything, wouldn't a PC version make a ps4 release more likely? Considering both uses a similar x86 architecture, porting would be easier. Bamco might've caught on to the margins of their other games that featured similar simultaneous release. Are there concrete sales figures for those?

Best news I've heard this month.
Planning to buy the PS3 version, but this'll seal it. If Persona 5 coming to PC as well, I'll finally be able to say goodbye to my PS3, and perhaps won't be needing a PS4 for another 2 years.

How about PS4 port, anyway?

Valnen

Quote for truth. Been saying this since 2011, when it was skipped over once for another game instead of eight separate occasions and before they've started shooting it down constantly when pressed on it.

Vesperia PS3's localization would not be the "cheap port that will generate easy money" people are making it out to be. The additional voicework required is equivalent to 3/4 of the 360 version's script and dubbing ain't cheap (it's often the most expensive part of the localization process!), especially now that Troy Baker is a big shot VA. Neither is script translation. Plus, Namco has made it pretty clear on social media that it isn't happening since they're focusing on newer stuff.
Could they not just give us the Japanese voices, then? Kind of sucks living with an incomplete version of the game. I mean, I've long since accepted the situation won't change outside of a fan patch, but I think fans have cause to still be upset about it.

Top Bottom