• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks announces action adventure game GhostWire: Tokyo

Mista

Banned

Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Tango Gameworks announced GhostWire: Tokyoduring the Bethesda Softworks E3 2019 press conference. Platforms were not announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Bethesda Softworks:
GhostWire: Tokyo is a new action-adventure game brought to you by the team at Tango Gameworks.

After strange disappearances hit Tokyo’s population, it’s up to you to uncover the source and purge the city of a strange, new evil. Armed with your own mysterious spectral abilities, you will face down the occult, unravel conspiracy theories and experience urban legends like never before.

Don’t fear the unknown. Attack it.

Last edited:

dan76

Yeah, looks interesting but if Mikami's directing I'm hyped. Wonder how long we will have to wait for gameplay. One of the characters has a bow, that's always good. I'm presuming third person, hope so anyhow.

Aggelos

Yeah, looks interesting but if Mikami's directing I'm hyped. Wonder how long we will have to wait for gameplay. One of the characters has a bow, that's always good. I'm presuming third person, hope so anyhow.

Ikumi Nakamura is directing it

parson_img08_01.jpg

Hawkeye's adventures between Infinity War and Endgame looks sick. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

It and DOOM Eternal were the only saving graces of the conferences. Much hype.

Also the woman was precious, must protecc.

EDMIX

Shit, that's the newest game from Mikami's dev studio.
They went for a new IP (instead of relying only on the Evil Within and sequels)

Agreed. I wanted Evil Within 3, but I respect the team seeking a new IP as we don't know what we don't know. Nothing but respect for the team and publisher to allow them to make a new IP. The setting is so rarely used, Japan in general is such a beautiful land, its sad we don't see it often used in gaming outside of Yakuza and Persona series etc

Wink

Very hype. Mikami further pushing new talents to the fore. But I'm still holding out hope that he'll eventually direct one last game himself.
But this one looks very promising.

Hostile_18

Banned
Wish they told us ahead of time the Evil Within IP was on ice. We had hope on here that it was in production from a leak. I'm sure the new game will be amazing but it's a downer that such a great franchise looks dead. I'm sure Tango didn't want their opening trailer to go with a feeling of disappointment from Evil Within fans. We should have had time for it to sink in so we could get hyped for this game now.

I purchased the hell out of The Evil Within 1 and 2. What is the metric for hell you might ask? A copy for every available platform. I am excited for new IP from the creative that brought us The Evil Within.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom