• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (10/30-11/5) Winter is coming

How long is target's return policy?

For games it's 30 days; for almost everything else it's 90 days.

It should be noted that Black Friday will happen well within the return policy window, so there's no reason not to buy now and then return whatever is cheaper from Black Friday to maximize your savings.

So.. does this work on preorder games?

Nope except in rare exceptions online where some games might mistakenly qualify.

Will this work online?

If so I can get Dragon Quest Builders, Paper Mario, and Odin Sphere.

Yes, except sometimes some games are randomly excluded.

Also, ALWAYS buy games that are the same price since Target will let you return games you don't want. If you don't buy games that are the same price, you're losing a significant chunk of the discount.

I want to take advantage of the deal, but I'd like to see some BF deals to see what would be the better deal. I wouldn't mind BF1, Mafia 3, and Skyrim SE.

joms5

I hope and pray Amazon or some other Canadian retailer matches this promotion.

Love this deal around the holidays.

I want to take advantage of the deal, but I'd like to see some BF deals to see what would be the better deal. I wouldn't mind BF1, Mafia 3, and Skyrim SE.
Get the deal to lock in your price and return whatever goes on sale during Black Friday since it'll happen within the return period.

Persona7

Banned
I posted this in the other thread but last year Target pulled a bunch of Nintendo games right before the sale started. I had checked the night before to make sure they had them and when I arrived hours later the minute they opened the 3DS section was gutted.

Anyone ever buy three games on Sunday and then come back and exchange one for a newer release? Only one copy of BF1 for PC at my Target so I wanna pick up my stuff Sunday but I want COD.

Anyone ever buy three games on Sunday and then come back and exchange one for a newer release? Only one copy of BF1 for PC at my Target so I wanna pick up my stuff Sunday but I want COD.
It's just easier to buy the games on Sunday, return the ones you don't want, then buy three other games including COD and return the ones you don't want.

Get the deal to lock in your price and return whatever goes on sale during Black Friday since it'll happen within the return period.

I could do that. Normally, my Target has a piss poor stock when it comes to games. I might swing by to see what's up one night this week.

Justinh

Thanks for the heads up OP. The only game I really think I'd want to get right now is Titanfall 2, though. I guess if they have Mario Maker in stock with the book included, I'll finally get around to getting that too (I've wanted that for a while).

edit: Oh yeah, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 would be a good third, I guess.

Does anyone know if they care if you buy more than one copy of the same game? I want to get Titfanfall 2/BF1 and use the free choice to get my friend a copy of Titanfall 2 as well.

DR2K

Banned
Does anyone know if they care if you buy more than one copy of the same game? I want to get Titfanfall 2/BF1 and use the free choice to get my friend a copy of Titanfall 2 as well.

Buying more than one of the same game isn't against the rules and is a lot more common due to the holidays and whatnot

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
cod+mwr/bf1/tf2

BB: 64 (-10 dollar preorder cert) + 48 + 48 = 150
Target: 80 + 60 + free = 140

Target it is.

I think i will also get rigs, driveclub, and another psvr title if my wallet permits. I'd like to get robinson but... nov 8th :(

Edit: wow. just found 10% wish list coupon for target. If it stacks thats 126. Not bad.

Someone explain all this return shenanigans with target.
When Target does a sale where it's Buy X, Get Y discount, they distribute the discount to prorate the return price. This prevents you from doing like a buy 1, get 1 free and then you return the one at full price and keep the free one.

So for example, if you buy three $60 games, each game will have a return value of $40. If you buy two $60 games and one $30 game, the $60 games will have a return value of $48 and the $30 game will have a return value of $24. You wasted money in this second scenario since you should be paying $40 for each $60 game and $20 for the $30 game.

Because of this return policy, you should never ever buy three games that don't have the same price. Always buy three games of the same price and return what you don't want. Mix matching prices means you wasted money.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Someone explain all this return shenanigans with target.

Games have a return value that are prorated per the sale.
So if you buy 3 equally priced games, it's not like buying 2 at full price and getting the third free, it's actually buying each one at 33% off.

So when you return unwanted games, you're returning them for the sale price which was 33% off.

That's why to maximize your savings it's imperative you buy 3 equally priced games.

So I can use this deal to essentially get 1 $60 game for $40 by returning the other 2?
Yes. Think of it as a 33% off sale. In fact any Buy X, Get Y discount should always think of how the discount distributes rather than that one item being free or 50% off. Like Buy 1, get the second 40% off is really 20% off if the two items are the same price or less if they are not.

old

Well I guess I'll use it to get

B1 PC
TF2 PC
COD IW PC

I hope they carry pc games. I also hope they still have stock on the 4th when CoD drops. Or maybe I can prepurchase the game sooner to seal the deal while stock lasts.

I think I'll give this a shot.
Have my sights set on:

Dragon Quest Builders
and
Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition

As for the free game, I'm thinking of either Skyrim SE or World of Final Fantasy.
I could always wait until later for Skyrim since I played it on my PS3.

MANUELF

Banned
This would be the perfect time to buy Dragon Quest 7, Smt4: A and another game for me if there was a target near me

DanielJr82

Hell yes! I wish I waited to get Skyrim: SE, though!!! Damn it!

Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
Forza Horizon 3

=D

Question: Do they sell digital versions? No more discs for me.

If you download Target's Wish List app and create at least 2 wishlists, you can get also get a 10% off coupon to sweeten this deal.

Top Bottom