• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (10/30-11/5) Winter is coming

RoKKeR

Every year I see this deal and get excited, but then realize that it doesn't apply to digital games.

Is that still the case?

Jeff6851

Does anyone know if I can use a subscription to PS+ as the free "game?" I figure probably not but I might as well ask just in case.

Cindro

Does Best Buy do this every year too?

I have GCU, but if Target is the only player in town this season I'll bite.

Toki767

They usually do, though I believe last year was only PS4/Xbox One games. And it's not confirmed whether they'll do it this year.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone know what time this is supposed to be available online? I have 3 games in my cart but they're all ringing up at full price.

Hmm, maybe I'll wait and see if anyone puts together a list of preorders this works with before I pull the trigger.

Doesn't seem to work with FFXV though unfortunately.

Hmm so i got the iw legacy to come out to $61 with red card after cancleling 2/3 copies. It looks like cancelling still keeps tax at the same rate as if i had 3

duxstar

I thought Best Buy price matched this in the past and gave the GCU discount? Am I crazy for thinking this worked last year ? It sucks getting old lol

Toki767

I thought Best Buy price matched this in the past and gave the GCU discount? Am I crazy for thinking this worked last year ? It sucks getting old lol

1. They do not price match Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales

2. GCU does not stack with price matching. It's one or the other.

So yeah, went through all the XB1 stuff, only preorders it seems to work on are IW, Red Dead and Styx (which is unavailable anyway).

If only it worked on that FFXV Deluxe Edition.

I did it a 2nd time with 3 ps4 IW legacy and it came out the same. I looks like I'm still paying the same tax I did for 1 copy as when I paid for 3 copies.

That's weird since my tax was like $4.44 so it was clearly tax for a single item. I did two XBO, and one PS4 and then canceled the two XBO ones. Total was $53.77 with a discount of $30.66.

That's weird since my tax was like $4.44 so it was clearly tax for a single item. I did two XBO, and one PS4 and then canceled the two XBO ones. Total was $53.77 with a discount of $30.66.

Seems like the issue is if you do 3 ps4 legacy editions. I did it a 3rd time with 1 ps4 and 2 TF2 limited and cancelled the limited and my tax went back down. Thanks for the idea :)

Seems like the issue is if you do 3 ps4 legacy editions. I did it a 3rd time with 1 ps4 and 2 TF2 limited and cancelled the limited and my tax went back down. Thanks for the idea :)

Cool. Weird bug, but good to know in the future. Also it's neat how you can just cancel immediately and get the discount.

Cool. Weird bug, but good to know in the future. Also it's neat how you can just cancel immediately and get the discount.

There's something weird about how Target calculates tax. I just did Red Dead PS4, xbox and bf1 and checked out. Cancelled xbox red dead and bf1 and somehow my total ends up being $39.58 after tax, it should be $40.66 after 5% red card discount and 7% tax

joebruin

so it tells me games are available for store pickup but won't let me order batman for store pickup but i can for rush of blood? ok... lol

Not sure how Target calculates the discount, but it ended up being an even better deal than I expected. Bought BF1 for PC Titanfall 2 for Xbox One, and Call of Duty for Xbox One and then immediately cancelled COD. Ended up being $70.36 which is probably going to be better than BF pricing.

Thoraxes

Not sure how Target calculates the discount, but it ended up being an even better deal than I expected. Bought BF1 for PC Titanfall 2 for Xbox One, and Call of Duty for Xbox One and then immediately cancelled COD. Ended up being $70.36 which is probably going to be better than BF pricing.

It makes em all equal value after it averages them all together.

Might use this to get some games for my new PSVR. Just need to decide which ones I want, and then see if this deal (since PSVR games have highly variable pricing) is better than my GCU discount at Best Buy.

Definitely getting my PSVR and Best Buy since they still seem to be running the bundle deal, at least when it's ordered via BestBuy.com (buy PSVR headset+Move Controller pack+PS Camera, price drops to 499.99). Can use store pickup if in-store doesn't automatically honor the deal.

exemp30

Just checked and if you don't have a third game in mind it looks like you can pre-order red dead 2 for free.

Edit:should read the thread... hah

neonglow

Just preordered Red Dead Redemption 2. Order it with 2 other games and just cancelled the other games. I don't think you'll find this game for $40 at release whenever that is.

Can the free game be Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition( I want the COD4 remaster)?

No, the lowest price or same priced game will be free.
Which is why it's best to pick 3 games that's priced the same.

Yea, every year. Its usually llate November early December, target kinda screwed up the timing this year as they never do this so early.

Yea, every year. Its usually llate November early December, target kinda screwed up the timing this year as they never do this so early.
Best Buy usually excludes Wii U/3DS software from their deal though, so the Target one is still great.

Plus Cartwheel has PS4 for 15% off this week, so I might pick up a slim too since it will be ~225+tax with the Cartwheel discount/wish list coupon combo.

Top Bottom