• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all Video Games (10/30-11/5) Winter is coming

KingDirk

Welp, Dragon Quest Builders is out of stock online,same with World of Final Fantasy. =( Local target had neither. Sad trombone

That's weird, why is Zero Time Dilemma listed as not shipping until 12/31 and not available for the promo? That's one of the only games I really wanted. :/

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Do they take exchanges? I would just preorder online to be safe

I picked up a cod pre-order card (that comes with a 5 dollar gift card) to be safe.
SsW3QQF.jpg

I shouldn't have any problems swapping TF2:DE for COD. Especially since COD releases in the sale window timeframe. Not going to open any of them until release.

I picked up a cod pre-order card (that comes with a 5 dollar gift card) to be safe.
SsW3QQF.jpg

I shouldn't have any problems swapping TF2:DE for COD. Especially since COD releases in the sale window timeframe. Not going to open any of them until release.

You wasted money by mismatching prices. Also Target's pre-order cards are useless since they don't hold you a copy and the $1 doesn't get applied to the purchase.

Unfortunately my local Target did not have Civ 6 in stock so I got Gears 4 Ultimate instead alongisde Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. Might go back this weekend and pair Civ with COD along another game.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
You wasted money by mismatching prices. Also Target's pre-order cards are useless since they don't hold you a copy and the $1 doesn't get applied to the purchase.

There were no other 80 dollar games I wanted. I don't care about the deluxe editions of any game. What would you have liked me to do?

The 1 dollar card comes with 5 dollar gift card. 4 dollar profit? Also, thats incorrect. They hold the game behind the counter for 2 days.

There were no other 80 dollar games I wanted. I don't care about the deluxe editions of any game. What would you have liked me to do?

The 1 dollar card comes with 5 dollar gift card. 4 dollar profit? Also, thats incorrect. They hold the game behind the counter for 2 days.

Yup, If you did COD preorder online by doing 3 $80 games each one be about $53.34 each before tax & redcard. Cancel the randoms ( I did cod Legacy + 2 copies of TF2 deluxe, cancelled the 2 TF after the order was processed) and you'll get your COD for $53.34+Tax

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Yup, If you did COD preorder online by doing 3 $80 games each one be about $53.34 each before tax & redcard. Cancel the randoms ( I did cod Legacy + 2 copies of TF2 deluxe, cancelled the 2 TF after the order was processed) and you'll get your COD for $53.34+Tax

I don't care for the deluxe editions. Mech skins? I'm good.

127 is 42 bucks each. 42 bucks for a 80 dollar game is still super green to me.

cordy

Banned
I'm not sure what to get. I want Xenoverse 2 but I'm not sure what other games I want. Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and Tomb Raider 2 are high on my list (PS4 titles) but man, it's confusing. I wonder if I just might wait until they either do another one of these in another store or trade one I don't like in. Pokemon and FFXV are more appealing than one title. Such a hard decision.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Thats why you cancel those orders? You only want COD legacy right? So you only keep that one...

But I want the other 2 games? I don't understand the issue lol

edit: re-reading my posts, sounds like we had a misunderstanding. I definitely wanted bf1, tf2 and cod:mwr. I just don't care about deluxe editions but I had to find an 80 dollar game because cod isnt out yet.

But I want the other 2 games? I don't understand the issue lol
I think you're misunderstanding that its best to do 2 separate orders.

One where you get BF1, TF2 (reg) + random $60 game = $120/3 = $40 per game before tax. Return that random.

One order where you do COD legacy + 2 random $80 games (TF2 deluxe) = $160/3 = $53.33 each. Cancel the randoms

So that at the end of the day you'll have the 3 games you want for $133.33 + Tax

D-Man

I originally wasn't planning on getting anything, but I ended up grabbing some good games. I got:

Kirby Planet Robobot
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse

Not a bad catch, imo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think you're misunderstanding that its best to do 2 separate orders.

One where you get BF1, TF2 (reg) + random $60 game = $120/3 = $40 per game before tax. Return that random.

One order where you do COD legacy + 2 random $80 games (TF2 deluxe) = $160/3 = $53.33 each. Cancel the randoms

So that at the end of the day you'll have the 3 games you want for $133.33 + Tax

That requires me to have $280 on deck? 42 bucks for an 80 dollar game still a great deal, I'm not tripping at all. lol

hitme

Any PSVR games available other than VR Worlds? I have a gift card that expires today and I don't want to spend no more than $50.

You buy three games of the same price and return the ones you don't want. There's no reason to not get 33% off every game given that Target lets you return unwanted games and will distribute the discount proportionally. Not buying three games of the same price means you just left money on the table for no reason.

Also, they don't really hold the game behind the counter. If someone asks for it or even claims to have a preorder, they give it to them. When you "preorder" at Target, anyone can grab it since they didn't take your name or info down to associate it. They just set aside the number of copies that people used the card on, but none of those copies are reserved for any specific person. I've learned the hard way where anyone can get it. Since they don't take your info, someone who preordered at a different store can go in to a different store and grab that copy. Target preorders suck ass since they don't guarantee you a copy.

gsrjedi

Anyone know how this works if I buy 3 games and exchange one for CoD when it comes out. Titanfall 2 isn't available online for PC. So I'm planning on buying TF2, Mafia 3, & a filler

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
You buy three games of the same price and return the ones you don't want. There's no reason to not get 33% off every game given that Target lets you return unwanted games and will distribute the discount proportionally. Not buying three games of the same price means you just left money on the table for no reason.

Also, they don't really hold the game behind the counter. If someone asks for it or even claims to have a preorder, they give it to them. When you "preorder" at Target, anyone can grab it since they didn't take your name or info down to associate it. They just set aside the number of copies that people used the card on, but none of those copies are reserved for any specific person. I've learned the hard way where anyone can get it. Since they don't take your info, someone who preordered at a different store can go in to a different store and grab that copy. Target preorders suck ass since they don't guarantee you a copy.
1. That requires a 280+ overhead before tax.

2. Youre ignoring the preorder gives you a 5 dollar cert.

3. I highly doubt i wont get my game on the 4th. They dont need names, you bring back the card.

4. Yall are trippin

Snagged Battlefield 1 pc, titanfall 2 pc and legion for 108 after tax

Going back for more copies of BF1 and Titanfall 2.

1. That requires a 280+ overhead before tax.

You can instant return/instant cancel. Plus, if money is that much of a factor, even more reason not to leave money on the table for no reason at all.

2. Youre ignoring the preorder gives you a 5 dollar cert.

Really a $4 gift card since the $1 doesn't go towards your purchase. It's just stupid that you're paying $1 for the privilege of preordering. Nobody else makes you pay for the preorder.

3. I highly doubt i wont get my game on the 4th. They dont need names, you bring back the card.

Target will have plenty of regular versions. I think Legacy Editions will be stocked in far fewer quantity, and again since nothing ties you to the copy, there's no reason they can't and won't give it up to someone else. It is not a guarantee unlike any other place you preorder from. I've been burned because they gave away my preorder to someone else. It was something more rare too so I got pretty screwed and it was the reason I actually preordered. It's a shitty system since you can take that preorder card to any Target and use it since your name and location bought from isn't tied to it. That's assuming they also set it aside properly, which also has happened to me before, and they don't give it up to soemone who asks for it since not everyone at Target is always aware of the preorder policies. Many don't even realize they have it. I've been burned too many times by them that I don't recommend them to anyone trying to preorder anything. That $4 gift card is enticing but not worth it for the hassle they give you.

4. Yall are trippin

Hey if you want to throw away money, you can send some this way.

asdad123

PS4 Pro, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, and Battlefield One for $460 after tax.

Time to cancel the one from Best Buy for $428. So $32 for Infinite Warfare and Battlefield One in my eyes. Good to me!

cordy

Banned
I think I'll get...

Xenoverse 2, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. Then get a refund on Battlefield and buy FFXV when it releases.

sflufan

Banned
The wish list app seems broken on Android. I simply cannot get the 10% discount coupon at all. It appears for an instant and then disappears.

marrec

Banned
Huh, works with the Red Dead Redemption 2 pre-order.

Seems like a good deal, Civ VI, World of Final Fantasy, and Red Dead Redemption 2 whenever that comes out.

MashKing

Man my target had nothing, like i figured they wouldn't have attack on titan, but no world of final fantasy or dragon ball zenoverse 2.

TyrantII

Plus target is a stickler about returns.

They probably won't let you swap a $40 max return for a $60 game, even in the time window.

They gave me crap for trying last year and only relented after I got testy with them since I asked before I did so and the electronics manager (probably wrongly) said it was fine.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Atari PS4 games worked just in in store.
Online must be bugged.

They probably won't let you swap a $40 max return for a $60 game, even in the time window.

They gave me crap for trying last year and only relented after I got testy with them since I asked before I did so and the electronics manager (probably wrongly) said it was fine.

That's not how it works.
You're not supposed to swap the games. You just return them for the cash value.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
You can instant return/instant cancel. Plus, if money is that much of a factor, even more reason not to leave money on the table for no reason at all.
Nothing is really instant with plastic.

Really a $4 gift card since the $1 doesn't go towards your purchase. It's just stupid that you're paying $1 for the privilege of preordering. Nobody else makes you pay for the preorder.
Nobody else pays you to preorder, except for maybe best buy.

Target will have plenty of regular versions. I think Legacy Editions will be stocked in far fewer quantity, and again since nothing ties you to the copy, there's no reason they can't and won't give it up to someone else. It is not a guarantee unlike any other place you preorder from. I've been burned because they gave away my preorder to someone else. It was something more rare too so I got pretty screwed and it was the reason I actually preordered. It's a shitty system since you can take that preorder card to any Target and use it since your name and location bought from isn't tied to it. That's assuming they also set it aside properly, which also has happened to me before, and they don't give it up to soemone who asks for it since not everyone at Target is always aware of the preorder policies. Many don't even realize they have it. I've been burned too many times by them that I don't recommend them to anyone trying to preorder anything. That $4 gift card is enticing but not worth it for the hassle they give you.
Anecdotal, no? I have never been burned yet by target.

Hey if you want to throw away money, you can send some this way.
You act like i got the bad end of a deal. 42 bucks for an 80 dollar game is still a great deal. Still a better deal than any store even with BB gcu.

Im perfectly okay with the deal I got. On the other side of things... i wonder if i can use the 10% again somehow. It says one time use only. :(

it shouldnt matter if i have all 3 games with me unopened. No way they can refuse if still in the window.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
One thing to note is that the return window is extended starting Tuesday.

All electronics and entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange. For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26.

I was a bit disappointed by the selection for games 39 and under, so I'll probably end up with LEGO City Undercover, Ocarina 3DS, and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Jhoan

The wish list app seems broken on Android. I simply cannot get the 10% discount coupon at all. It appears for an instant and then disappears.
I took a screenshot of the coupon to cover my bases. Will let you know how it goes. On my way to my nearest Target now.

Electret

So, how would you go about getting stand-alone MWR via online ordering?

Is that a thing?

Should work fine, unless I misunderstand.

Select a total of three games that are eligible for the B2G1 promo, including MWR. Remember that your discount will be proportional to the cheapest item, so choose items equal to or greater than MWR if possible. If you do have a $60 game in there, MWR will be reduced by $20 for a total of $60. Once you've got your games selected, order. Then, cancel the two items you don't want. You should still have MWR pending, only discounted.

I did this to get Gears 4 for $40.

Edit: sorry, I did misunderstand. Didn't realize you were talking about MWR without IW.

Top Bottom