• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

Levyne

Banned
Traded in the last of what I was willing to part with for another ~90 today. So something like 270 total for 12 games. Converted most of it into steambucks or psnbucks. Also topped off PS+.

Great deal for games that were just going to sit on my shelf and go unplayed ever again. Ready for steam sales and whatever psn impulse buys await.

Flandy

Seems like I got lucky today! So I took 4 3DS games in- Pokemon X and Y, Zelda, and Kingdom Hearts. I was supposed to get around $120 for everything, I believe. I didn't check the card balances when I left the Mobile counter. My girl and I were walking around looking for small stuff to buy, we found some shorts, candy, dog toys, and my Watch_Dogs preorder for PS4. I checked out with one of the gift cards I was handed, looked at the reciept: BOOM. $212.60 credit left on the card.

Needless to say, I joined VitaGAF today! I also got my girlfriend a TV! All together we walked out with about $270 worth of cards from the different transactions today and two days ago. Only traded like 7 games, one of which was fucking Morrowind.

Thank you #basedTarget

10314578_10152193516604506_8802656815772426108_n_zpsa77d1caf.jpg
Curious. On the piece of paper they gave you (the one with the total values) when you traded it in did it say $120 or $270. Wondering if theres any chance my cards have more credit on them too :lol

Uggggghhh, they're down for me.
Boooo. Was going to go trade in GTA 5 later. Looks like that might not happen? :(

ds8k

Fucking system is down again. Tried using a quote I got from a different store and it didn't work. Guy said I probably need to use it at that same store. Decided to go through anyway and the damn system is down.

5amshift

Banned
Looking to go tomorrow, hopefully the system is up and running. Looking to hopefully pick up a Vita with about 18 DS games and a few PS3 games I have doubles of.

Uggggghhh, they're down for me.

I was just about to come in this thread and ask if the system was still going down. Guess they still are going down. Ugh, I'm going one last time tomorrow. I hope I don't leave empty handed for the 3rd time. Bad enough I went from getting over $200+ to $60 because of the shut downs.

xTOOLx

Quotes are good ONLY AT THE STORE YOU DID THE TRADE AT.

As far as I can tell, our system isn't down.

Anyone in the San Fernando Valley, Sherman Oaks area? Come trade your games in. I'm bored as hell

TwistedN

Anyone in the San Fernando Valley, Sherman Oaks area? Come trade your games in. I'm bored as hell
I'm going in one last time, please let there be a stroke of luck and the card activation works.

Flandy

I'm in Riverside county
closeenough.jpg

lem0n

Curious. On the piece of paper they gave you (the one with the total values) when you traded it in did it say $120 or $270. Wondering if theres any chance my cards have more credit on them too :lol

Boooo. Was going to go trade in GTA 5 later. Looks like that might not happen? :(

Heh, i actually didnt look as i watched the pc as she processed my trades. definitely check to see whats on your card!!

mollipen

What time are you there until? I'm not so far away, so I could always make a trip.

Nakazato

Im at the point where i know I dont play Bf4 Im not going to buy the DLC but i have no other ps4 games (But I do have Gamefly) So tomorrow Im taking it in

Got home and did a second pass of the games I wanted to trade, after realizing that some games were added to the trade in database.

Now I have 7 games worth $100 queued up for tomorrow. This is amazing. It's all either at or above market rates, except the transaction is instant instead of having to wait for someone to want to buy it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Got home and did a second pass of the games I wanted to trade, after realizing that some games were added to the trade in database.

Now I have 7 games worth $100 queued up for tomorrow. This is amazing. It's all either at or above market rates, except the transaction is instant instead of having to wait for someone to want to buy it.

What kind of games were added?

Cheska

Guys, I could use your advice. We've been trying consecutive days to get some trade ins done and each and every time the system is down. This has of course caused some of the values to decrease. My fiance tried again today and the system apparently went down 20 minutes before he got there. Now, every time we've gone in we've been helped by different mobile team member, and each time they've been unhelpful and borderline rude. Today, the guy refused to give my fiance a print out of the quotes so he could bring it in tomorrow. I'm at the point where I feel like complaining to Target directly, though I'm unsure if I should take it up with the store in particular or target corporation itself. I honestly don't call to complain, ever, but this has resulted in waste of gas, time, etc for something that keeps happening on their end.

Has anyone done this yet? Or should I just forget about it?

jay23

Those who live in Florida, what did you use the credit on?
Can I purchase a new game and return it for a gift card the next day?

What kind of games were added?

All kinds. If you searched for a game you own and didn't find it before, I'd suggest searching again.

Here is my list of games -

KOF XIII 360
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 3DS
Dark Souls PS3 (newly added)
Demon's Souls PS3 (newly added)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 360
Nintendo Land Wii U
Dragon Quest IX (newly added)

They also added Hot Shots Golf Vita, but I'd only get $3 for it. IMO that game is worth way more than $3.

Those who live in Florida, what did you use the credit on?
Can I purchase a new game and return it for a gift card the next day?

I literally walked straight from the mobile kiosk to guest services.

If you don't do that, then you can only spend the money in electronics. That's assuming you got an associate who even cares about any of that.

Meier

I see it mentions you can do 3 games at a time for the bonus. Have you guys just walked out and then come back in or something?

I see it mentions you can do 3 games at a time for the bonus. Have you guys just walked out and then come back in or something?

It's up to the employee. They're gonna tell you 3 per day because that's what they're told. Even if you tell them that the system will let them do as many transactions for an individual as they want.

But generally, if you wanna do more than one transaction a day, and the employee is gonna allow it, they aren't gonna ask you to leave the store and come back, lol.

Brew124

Yeah, I've been able to do multiple transactions at once at the Target in Medina, OH. The guy that works there is extremely nice and a gamer as well. Making one last trip tomorrow for a grand total of just over $500 in credit.

xTOOLx

UPDATE. AN EMAIL I RECEIVED

Team,

We have been informed that the NextWorth system is up and running as normal.
We will continue to monitor this and will communicate any additional updates.

Thank you,
Target Mobile Operations

Cheska

UPDATE. AN EMAIL I RECEIVED

Team,

We have been informed that the NextWorth system is up and running as normal.
We will continue to monitor this and will communicate any additional updates.

Thank you,
Target Mobile Operations

Did you just get this?

Meier

Sonuva. I get to a different one than I tried before because the kiosk worker is off today at my 'home' Target and this other one closed up at 8. I'm never gonna get to trade these games in.

Sonuva. I get to a different one than I tried before because the kiosk worker is off today at my 'home' Target and this other one closed up at 8. I'm never gonna get to trade these games in.

I almost got bodied the same way when I decided to go to another local Target yesterday to make my second trades. Luckily, I double-checked the mobile hours on my phone at a red light and was able to make a detour before wasting too much time.

Welp, prices tanked enough that I walked in expecting another 55ish today and got 39 instead. Everything else I own is either worth more on ebay anyway, not in their system, or down to like $2. Fun while it lasted.

Went in today, and finally walked out with a card. Took me 3 tries, until it finally happened.

South Park The Stick of Truth (PS3) - $39.00
Cross Edge (PS3) - $21.00
Pokemon Colosseum (GC) - $15.00
Total = $75:00

South Park I completely 100% finished (even got the platinum trophy), and have no reason to go back to. Cross Edge was decent, but the story was complete crap. It was a crossover game, so I shouldn't have expected much. Pokemon Colosseum I disliked. I hated the partner following me, and the Pokemon you catch were terrible. They gave you pokemon like Ledian, and then put a Salamence you can't catch right in front of your face. Pokemon XD has way better pokemon, and was much more fun. So I won't be missing any of these.

Not sure what I'm gonna spend this money on. I was going to get Watch Dogs, but after all the early previews/impressions. I don't think so anymore. I think I'm just going to hold on to it for a while until a game comes out. If those Xbox One controller drivers come out soon, I'll definitely be picking up an Xbox One controller instead for my PC.

Thanks OP.

Trigonx

Traded a bunch of old scratched up GameCube games and a few wiiu games for 283$! Thanks Target!

the mobile rep actually checked the quality of the disc today. On Monday when I traded in 3 games he just opened the case to make sure the game/manual were there.

the mobile rep actually checked the quality of the disc today. On Monday when I traded in 3 games he just opened the case to make sure the game/manual were there.

Like everything else with this promotion, it's all the luck of the draw. Whether or not the employees will let you run more than one transaction per day, whether they check the disc for scratches, how much trouble they'll give you about "missing" manuals/inserts for next-gen/vita games, and so on.

Hawk269

Infamous Second Son is back up to $15 or so. They had dropped it's trade in value earlier in the week, but now it is back up.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Strongly considering trading in inFamous, Need for Speed, and Ryse. I paid $25 each for NFS & Ryse, and about $40 for inFamous. I'll probably pick them up again at some later date. I'm busy with Wolfenstein now and I'll be getting Mario & UFC pretty soon.

Hawk269

Strongly considering trading in inFamous, Need for Speed, and Ryse. I paid $25 each for NFS & Ryse, and about $40 for inFamous. I'll probably pick them up again at some later date. I'm busy with Wolfenstein now and I'll be getting Mario & UFC pretty soon.

Why not? You are making money at this point if you do it. You can always get those games again down the road at cheaper prices.

Top Bottom