• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
borghe said:
I wasn't trying to be a dick. But just as it's annoying on any other game/console to hear "Oh man I hope/wish this game comes out for system x" it's annoying to hear it here as well. This game has been out for over half a year now, a 360/PS3 port has never even been rumored, it's US release was highly doubtful and now that it's announced a good portion of posts in this thread are over something that will NEVER happen. again, not trying to be a dick, but I don't get why people at this stage in the game's life are still doing the "I hope it comes out for PS360" dance. It isn't. It won't. No chance. Definitely not a fanboy.. just a realist in this case.

People can still state their opinion. I made mine pretty clear. The only reason i would like to see ports is because i have a ps3 stick and 360 stick. sold my ps2 stick.

Ill buy the game when it comes out however I can get it.

I cant believe that its now unfair to want a game on multiple systems. Saying it should not come to the wii is one thing. Saying we want ports for other systems is another thing.

You are blowing my mind your trying to say that i should be banned for something I am not saying. I am not a fanboy of any sorts. I own every current gen system including handhelds... Stop trying to backseat mod me. Definitely not cool... Especially since I was just giving an opinion in a totally non confrontational way.

and no, in this case wanting it out for all systems ISN'T a good thing, as the cost to port it to those systems would likely never be recouped from sales.. seriously I would be shocked if the game sells even 50K on Wii in NA, a system starved for fighters. On 360 and PS3 with all of their mega mainstream fighters I would be shocked if it even did 30K in sales between the two. Porting the game in this case would basically cause it to make even less money for capcom.
does not mean some of us cannot ask for ports. I think you really just want to start something in this thread...

Nishastra

Banned
It's not a "banned meme", that doesn't make any sense. It's supposed to be bannable to complain about a game not being on X system, but it's really randomly enforced. Generally, it only seems to be enforced when it's a game a mod particularly cares about :p

Anyway, I already own the Japanese version, but I'll buy it again if they add to it :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
MThanded said:
does not mean some of us cannot ask for ports. I think you really just want to start something in this thread...
He absolutely HATES it when people don't support a Wii game he likes.

But you're already buying this game so.... :shrugs:
As am I, though I wish I could use my modded PS3 stick.

MThanded

dallow_bg said:
He absolutely HATES it when people don't support a Wii game he likes.

But you're already buying this game so.... :shrugs:
As am I, though I wish I could use my modded PS3 stick.

Jokes on him I guess. I will be buying the game for the wii if thats the only way I can get it. :lol :lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I dont see the problem here. Its coming on the Wii. If you dont like it because one reason or another, it doesnt change the fact that its coming on Wii, like it or not.

If you dont like it, thats fine, but keeping on ranting about it just clog up the thread with bullshit. I just read all 14 pages, and it was a pain :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Not trying to start anything. I just know that people in the past have been banned for asking for seemingly unlikely ports, and that in general it is annoying. "Why isn't this game coming out on Wii? Why isn't that game coming out on PS3? Why isn't Starcraft coming to consoles?" It's one thing if a game was just announced and you say "man, I sure hope it comes to system x". It's an entirely different thing when a game has been out for 6+ months with no indication of being ported, and people still say "I hope it gets ported." It's annoying for MGS4, it's annoying for Tri-Ace 360 games, it's annoying for Blizzard PC titles, and it's annoying for TvC. And I really don't care at all.. I was just pointing out the annoyance of it and remembering people like Hero of Legend getting banned for continually pining for seemingly unlikely ports and the mods stepping in and saying "this won't be tolerated anymore." If you want to keep doing it go for it... but if you get banned for it... well... I usually don't hand out "I told you so"'s and won't here either.

SYNTAX182

Kandrick said:
I dont see the problem here. Its coming on the Wii. If you dont like it because one reason or another, it doesnt change the fact that its coming on Wii, like it or not.

If you dont like it, thats fine, but keeping on ranting about it just clog up the thread with bullshit. I just read all 14 pages, and it was a pain :lol

:lol wii threads never end nicely

Nishastra said:
It's not a "banned meme", that doesn't make any sense. It's supposed to be bannable to complain about a game not being on X system, but it's really randomly enforced. Generally, it only seems to be enforced when it's a game a mod particularly cares about :p

A few casualties on page 10! :lol

MThanded

borghe said:
Not trying to start anything. I just know that people in the past have been banned for asking for seemingly unlikely ports, and that in general it is annoying. "Why isn't this game coming out on Wii? Why isn't that game coming out on PS3? Why isn't Starcraft coming to consoles?" It's one thing if a game was just announced and you say "man, I sure hope it comes to system x". It's an entirely different thing when a game has been out for 6+ months with no indication of being ported, and people still say "I hope it gets ported." It's annoying for MGS4, it's annoying for Tri-Ace 360 games, it's annoying for Blizzard PC titles, and it's annoying for TvC. And I really don't care at all.. I was just pointing out the annoyance of it and remembering people like Hero of Legend getting banned for continually pining for seemingly unlikely ports and the mods stepping in and saying "this won't be tolerated anymore." If you want to keep doing it go for it... but if you get banned for it... well... I usually don't hand out "I told you so"'s and won't here either.

I did not know it was not ok to want a game on every console.

I think you guys are getting it all wrong. I will buy it on wii if thats the only way i can buy it. Just wanted it on other systems due to being able to use my existing arcade sticks. :-/ . Its pretty said if I am going to get banned over this. I have nothing but love for the wii.

I feel like I have been part of a witch hunt or something. Sadly I am not what you think I am.

toneroni

Awesome news...is it a dual layer disc? My Wii SUCKS at reading them and the cleaning kit doesn't help either...
Also - add me to the list of gaffers wishing they could use another stick for it as well.

SYNTAX182

c'mon dude, just save around $10.00 each month and you'll have enough when it's released to buy a stick and mod as necessary.

Bizzyb

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
250px-428cover.jpg

What the HELL is that game about??

As long as the people asking for a PS360 port aren't the same ones being condescending to those that would like a Wii port of PS360 games, then there shouldn't be a problem. 3rd party exclusives suck period this gen since no single console maker holds a dominant marketshare like that of the PS2.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
SYNTAX182 said:
c'mon dude, just save around $10.00 each month and you'll have enough when it's released to buy a stick and mod as necessary.
:lol
It isn't about money. It's about having more clutter. One stick for one game sucks.
I hope I can find someone who can add Wii/GC support to my stick.
My current one plays nice on both ps3 and 360.

dallow_bg said:
It isn't about money. It's about having more clutter. One stick for one game sucks.

I've considered getting the PS3 PCB ripped out of my dual-modded VSHG and replaced with a PSX PCB for ultimate compatibility (and great justice).

Though if worse comes to worse, the sweetness of the Namco stick comes in a very small package.

toneroni

SYNTAX182 said:
dont wanna bring THAT argument up again :lol
I have plenty of $, just don't want more wii accessories.
I was just stating that I understand how people feel. Bad online and control options.
It's still better than nothing though! Hope all of the characters are intact.

Anyone have a link to purchase PS2-GC adaptors?
maybe Markman is working on something! :D

MThanded

Gully State said:
As long as the people asking for a PS360 port aren't the same ones being condescending to those that would like a Wii port of PS360 games, then there shouldn't be a problem. 3rd party exclusives suck period this gen since no single console maker holds a dominant marketshare like that of the PS2.

I totally agree but for some reason they think I am hating on the wii.

dallow_bg said:

I agree with you here.

SYNTAX182

Evilink said:
Any chance they'll release SvC themed sticks over here?

oh man, i hope so, this looks fun and deep enough to warrant a stick purchase.

looking at those videos, all the different character combinations, and the combos actually look fun to pull off. each character looks interesting and different as well.

been playing sf4 for months now clocking over 200 hours, so i don't regret buying a stick and a 360 just for that one game, plus all the arcade shooters like ikaruga you can play with it. i'm thinking it's gonna be the same situation for the wii for me, i'm gonna be buying an arcade stick for this as well.

2009 is the year for fighting game fans. please no more complaining. :D

dallow_bg said:

Honestly, I don't think a joystick really is required for TvC. The input timing is quite forgiving (it's more like KOF 11 than 3rd Strike and Alpha 3, where your timing has to be exact) and the game only uses 3 buttons + 1. The Classic Controller is good enough (the Dpad is quite decent) as long as you can play the 3 fingers on the 3 buttons style.

SYNTAX182

toneroni said:
dont wanna bring THAT argument up again :lol
I have plenty of $, just don't want more wii accessories.
I was just stating that I understand how people feel. Bad online and control options.
It's still better than nothing though! Hope all of the characters are intact.

Anyone have a link to purchase PS2-GC adaptors?
maybe Markman is working on something! :D

oh ok. :lol fair enough, but what's one more accessory right? anyways this is only for wii, so i don't know what else to tell you.

Yay, good news. I'm glad Capcom is helping to bring fighters back. So tired of the FPS era @_@

Played TvC this weekend and was already making plans to mod my wii, guess I wont have to. The 8 way gate on Nintendo's pads should be quite welcome for this game...although I would support the release of ports as well ::wink wink:::lol

Captain N

I will get this even if it doesn't end up having online. Any chance Capcom will strike a deal to get some awesome Tournament sticks?

Captain N said:
I will get this even if it doesn't end up having online. Any chance Capcom will strike a deal to get some awesome Tournament sticks?
Markman smiled. That's enough confirmation for me. :lol

donkey show said:
If that's the case then I'll hold on getting a Hori stick...actually I'm good with just getting a SE stick and mod it from there (when needed), but it's nice to hear Mad Catz might be bringing their sticks to the Wii.

Hunahan

Banned
I'm kind of torn.

On the one hand, this thread is fucking obnoxious with all the HD owner whining and port requests.

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time we had a Capcom thread that wasn't plagued by Wii owners being fucking obnoxious with all the whining and port requests.

Just desserts?

Just GAF?

or just annoying?

you be the judge.

Hunahan said:
I'm kind of torn.

On the one hand, this thread is fucking obnoxious with all the HD owner whining and port requests.

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time we had a Capcom thread that wasn't plagued by Wii owners being fucking obnoxious with all the whining and port requests.

Just desserts?

Just GAF?

or just annoying?

you be the judge.

thisisneogafdude.gif

MThanded

Hunahan said:
I'm kind of torn.

Just desserts?

Just GAF?

or just annoying?

you be the judge.
It funny how people come in here to act like they know what is going on. I just said it would be nice to have the game on other consoles due to already owning arcade sticks for ps3 and 360. Nothing about this "HD console" stuff. I own all the damn consoles... If you say anything about another console then people call you a fanboy. Pretty sad IMO. there is nothing wrong with the wii and I never even hinted at that in any of my posts.

Volcynika

I know this time around if MadCatz made some sort of fightpad or w/e for the Wii, I wouldn't be tempted this time around to buy it. My PS3 one I got was just plain awful quality wise.

SYNTAX182

donkey show said:

if true, 60 days before day 1. does markman work for madcatz or something?

yessir, online probable and new characters, can't wait.

Linkhero1

MThanded said:
It funny how people come in here to act like they know what is going on. I just said it would be nice to have the game on other consoles due to already owning arcade sticks for ps3 and 360. Nothing about this "HD console" stuff. I own all the damn consoles... If you say anything about another console then people call you a fanboy. Pretty sad IMO. there is nothing wrong with the wii and I never even hinted at that in any of my posts.
I own a couple of sticks for my 360 and don't care it's not coming out for 360 or PS3. I prefer the classic controller for this game anyways. You guys should be grateful that the game is even coming out in the first place instead of whining.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Linkhero1 said:
I own a couple of sticks for my 360 and don't care it's not coming out for 360 or PS3. I prefer the classic controller for this game anyways. You guys should be grateful that the game is even coming out in the first place instead of whining.
this was really my only roundabout point. The game sold like shit in Japan, is a licensing nightmare for america (and even worse for Europe), and in some 11th hour deal ends up coming over here, and all some people can do is say they wish it was for PS360 despite the fact that it has always been and will always be a Wii-based game. I get that the motivations are different for some with the fighting stick situation, but really people should be thankful it's coming out here at all... because common sense said that it wasn't coming out here for ANY system, let alone for just the Wii. if you have a Wii, be VERY grateful. If you don't have a Wii but really want a home version of the game in english, $250 seems like a small price to pay for a system with plenty of other great games to boot. If you don't have a Wii and don't want a Wii, get out of the thread because there is nothing for you to see in here.

donkey show said:
If Capcom is teaming with madcatz to make custom sticks for this then that says to me that they're either planning an accessory/software bundle or some of the naggers in this thread are going to get their wish. I really can't see them doing this big of a push for TvC Wii considering the reception to the home version it Japan. Maybe they think the lack of online hurt sales to the point that it would be much more successful here with it included.

Yes Boss!

Saint Gregory said:
If Capcom is teaming with madcatz to make custom sticks for this then that says to me that they're either planning an accessory/software bundle or some of the naggers in this thread are going to get their wish. I really can't see them doing this big of a push for TvC Wii considering the reception to the home version it Japan. Maybe they think the lack of online hurt sales to the point that it would be much more successful here with it included.

Just wait for E3 and set your expectations low and you will likely be surprised. Now that you mention it a bundle sounds like a brilliant idea. Capcom already did that with the classic controller in Japan and they got me to buy one. And Wii is all about bundles and offering new controller experiences.

Threi

notag
Volcynika said:
I know this time around if MadCatz made some sort of fightpad or w/e for the Wii, I wouldn't be tempted this time around to buy it. My PS3 one I got was just plain awful quality wise.
I would love a fightpad for Wii, but for TvC specifically is it really necessary? It is a 4-button fighter, which the CC has, and the CC isn't plagued like PS3 and 360 stock controllers by having a terrible dpad.

Volcynika

Threi said:
I would love a fightpad for Wii, but for TvC specifically is it really necessary? It is a 4-button fighter, which the CC has, and the CC isn't plagued like PS3 and 360 stock controllers by having a terrible dpad.

Yeah, I just didn't keep much on TvC since I'm not big on importing, but good to know I can use my CC.

SYNTAX182

borghe said:
this was really my only roundabout point. The game sold like shit in Japan, is a licensing nightmare for america (and even worse for Europe), and in some 11th hour deal ends up coming over here, and all some people can do is say they wish it was for PS360 despite the fact that it has always been and will always be a Wii-based game. I get that the motivations are different for some with the fighting stick situation, but really people should be thankful it's coming out here at all... because common sense said that it wasn't coming out here for ANY system, let alone for just the Wii. if you have a Wii, be VERY grateful. If you don't have a Wii but really want a home version of the game in english, $250 seems like a small price to pay for a system with plenty of other great games to boot. If you don't have a Wii and don't want a Wii, get out of the thread because there is nothing for you to see in here.

seriously man, it's very surprising that capcom is even taking the time to bringing this out over here

toneroni

Threi said:
hmm..might give this is try and yeah I kinda can't believe they're actually bringing this out. Guess the license holders realized how great this is for them as well.

I know Smash brought a lot of love to lesser known Nintendo characters...

MThanded

toneroni said:
hmm..might give this is try and yeah I kinda can't believe they're actually bringing this out. Guess the license holders realized how great this is for them as well.

I know Smash brought a lot of love to lesser known Nintendo characters...

Yeah that is true. Maybe we will see a US tatsunoku revival.

jrricky said:
So people saying that 2D games bomb on the Wii were just mouthing off since there werent that much on the other consoles to begin with and anything released on them sold WAY less than the ones that made it to the Wii?...umm...yea...GAF...

Oh, and a lot of people from my college have been waiting on this game to be announced. It will do well for Capcom. Actually just 2 weeks ago a friend said to me that its going to be announced to come over here and I laughed in his face.

2D fighting games. Actually if you mean 2D games as by 2D visuals and gameplay the Wii seems to be the ideal console for that this generation.

Bluemercury said:
They should use the character art/3d engine for a wii sf4......i really like the style....

Ditto I prefer this advanced Dreamcast blocky style to say a cell-shaded PS3/360 game.

[Nintex] said:
They said one of those mystery games was playable on the show floor, so it's very likely that it's this game.

Pretty much. While I'm very excited about this, I am a bit dissapointed as I was hoping for something new new.

Saint Gregory said:
I'm probably just wasting my breath but shouldn't we all just be happy that this game is being given another chance and hope for competent online rather than taking the extra step of estimating how much better it would be on other systems? Maybe Hardcore gamers really can't ever be satisfied.

Well most people are bitching because it isn't on their platform of choice. Personally I brought each of my gaming systems for a reason so if an exclusive goes to any of them and utilizes their reason (Wii: games being avantgarde (NMH, Madworld), using the Wii motion controls (Red Steel 2, Trauma Center), having nice graphics that wouldn't fly on the other consoles (Tatsunoko vs Capcom), PC: Cutting edge graphics and tech, support for a huge mod community, easy importing, etc.).

Either way you can't satisfy the hardcore because if anything isn't EXACTLY how they want it they'll complain. I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the whole "2D graphics vs 3D graphics" thing yet.

borghe said:
I wasn't trying to be a dick. But just as it's annoying on any other game/console to hear "Oh man I hope/wish this game comes out for system x" it's annoying to hear it here as well. This game has been out for over half a year now, a 360/PS3 port has never even been rumored, it's US release was highly doubtful and now that it's announced a good portion of posts in this thread are over something that will NEVER happen. again, not trying to be a dick, but I don't get why people at this stage in the game's life are still doing the "I hope it comes out for PS360" dance. It isn't. It won't. No chance. Definitely not a fanboy.. just a realist in this case.

and no, in this case wanting it out for all systems ISN'T a good thing, as the cost to port it to those systems would likely never be recouped from sales.. seriously I would be shocked if the game sells even 50K on Wii in NA, a system starved for fighters. On 360 and PS3 with all of their mega mainstream fighters I would be shocked if it even did 30K in sales between the two. Porting the game in this case would basically cause it to make even less money for capcom.

+1

MThanded said:
I did not know it was not ok to want a game on every console.

I think you guys are getting it all wrong. I will buy it on wii if thats the only way i can buy it. Just wanted it on other systems due to being able to use my existing arcade sticks. :-/ . Its pretty said if I am going to get banned over this. I have nothing but love for the wii.

I feel like I have been part of a witch hunt or something. Sadly I am not what you think I am.

Not being able to use your PS3/360 arcade sticks (I really have no idea why you put the 360 into this) is more so your issue and not a universal one. Especially since Wii Hori sticks can be customized as well. Or you could just mod your PCB. I mean really I can see your problem but that's more so of your problem and not one that will collide with everyone elses. I could see if you were complaining about something like the lack of a mod community (if this game was an RTS or something similar) or the lack of cutting edge tech (if this game was a simulator or something similar) but you're not you are complaining over a peripheral in which the Wii already offers and offers possible use for the most superior ones as well.

Seriously this is like complaining that Tecmo didn't release a PS3 port of Dead or Alive 4 during the PS3's launch window.

Gully State said:

But exclusives:

A. Push the systems I own to the limits

B. Have developers only concentrate on one system thus using all of its advantages/bells and whistles

If I didn't care about exclusives I'd be PC only this generation.

I picked up the Hori stick specifically for TvC and while it's nice to have it really isn't needed as far as I can tell. Maybe it's because I just started playing but it didn't seem to require the prescion of something like SFIV to do well. If anyone really wants a stick though the Hori compares well to the TE stick IMO. I really like the feel of the square gates on it which is strange since I couldn't get used to them on my TE sticks and went octoganal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom