• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

Whoa! I had no idea that there was so much bickering going on! I'm just glad this game is coming over to North America. I had given up on ever playing an NA copy and now I'm just happy to support Versus games anyway I can. Bring on TvC!

I'd love to see Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 one day, Capcom. :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
[Nintex] said:
How did we miss this, Capcom actually confirms that Tatsucap is their first mystery game:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/network/blog

From unity Post
We've been teasing you about our E3 line up for the past two weeks, citing two surprise games as part of our show plans. Well, surprise, here's the news on Mystery Game #1: it's Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All Stars! The game that many thought would never make it to North America is actually in the works and will be at E3 for all of you lucky Unity members to get your hands on. It's no secret that Seth and I love this game, and we're looking forward to bringing you more information going forward, from bios on the fighters to tips on going big with combos and special moves. We'll have a more official announcement closer to E3 (which happens June 2 - 4 in LA, as if you didn't already know) along with some extra cool details. Hang in there, more soon!

This is pretty awesome.

I <3 u capcom.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, this was probably the mystery game we would never expect. Which means the second one is probably something lame like an announcement to bring over something.

Kintaro said:
So, this was probably the mystery game we would never expect. Which means the second one is probably something lame like an announcement to bring over something.
I never imagined TvC would be the unexpected game (I thought it would be Strider so I guess they accomplished their goal there) but I'm almost positive game #2 will be Onimusha. Will I go 0-2?

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier but with Capcom being able to get past all these licenses lately (MvC2, TvC, and to a lesser degree NIS America's upcoming Cross Edge) what other crossover games can we hope to be released outside of Japan/Asia in one form or another, such as:

- Namco x Capcom
- Super Robot Wars (non-OG games)
- Jump Super/Ultimate Stars

In these cases it's more of a Namco/Bandai issue but you never know...Capcom is setting a really good precedent, hopefully others can follow as well.

TreIII

Kintaro said:

Well, assuming it's another Wii game (which seems likely, Capcom has been hinting at amping up their Wii support in some shape or form for a while), we already know about Monster Hunter Tri coming over, so that's out.

So, that said, it's likely either going to be a) something Mega Man related (MM10? X9? DASH/Legends 3....?), b) another nice "retro-revival" of some sort, or c) something completely unexpected.

Satuday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber, complete with 4 player arcade-style action. Y'know you want it! :lol

GamePnoy74 said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier but with Capcom being able to get past all these licenses lately (MvC2, TvC, and to a lesser degree NIS America's upcoming Cross Edge) what other crossover games can we hope to be released outside of Japan/Asia in one form or another, such as:

- Namco x Capcom
- Super Robot Wars (non-OG games)
- Jump Super/Ultimate Stars

In these cases it's more of a Namco/Bandai issue but you never know...Capcom is setting a really good precedent, hopefully others can follow as well.

Only Namco X Capcom is really viable at this point, and by this point in time, I'm pretty sure that if neither Capcom or Namco have made any hints of bringing it over by now, they never will.

The other games are much more complicated, in that their are a lot more licenses involved, and those who do hold those licenses can ask for much more in the way of money.

So, TvC was made possible, but I don't think it's time to start getting ahead of ourselves, just yet...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kintaro said:
It was a bit obvious. Remember they hinted one was going to be playable and one was going to be just an announcement. So I think TvC to America was one of the more popular choices people were guessing to be brought over. The other common thoughts were either a new XBLA/PSN title or Wii Make of an older game.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Still not holding out hope for either of the Jump games. almost as hard of licensing rights, and even more arduous task to port, and arguably an even smaller niche audience. I would LOVE them to come over being that I can't read japanese, but the chances of it I know are significantly worse than TvC.

SYNTAX182 said:
Yessir! Seth is now deserving of being a boss character in a fighting game.
No more Seths please. Nothing personal against unity Seth but I don't think I could withstand the frustration of another ;)

SYNTAX182

TreIII said:
Well, assuming it's another Wii game (which seems likely, Capcom has been hinting at amping up their Wii support in some shape or form for a while), we already know about Monster Hunter Tri coming over, so that's out.

So, that said, it's likely either going to be a) something Mega Man related (MM10? X9? DASH/Legends 3....?), b) another nice "retro-revival" of some sort, or c) something completely unexpected.

Satuday Night Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber, complete with 4 player arcade-style action. Y'know you want it! :lol

Only Namco X Capcom is really viable at this point, and by this point in time, I'm pretty sure that if neither Capcom or Namco have made any hints of bringing it over by now, they never will.

The other games are much more complicated, in that their are a lot more licenses involved, and those who do hold those licenses can ask for much more in the way of money.

So, TvC was made possible, but I don't think it's time to start getting ahead of ourselves, just yet...

mm legends would be amazing... c'mon capcom, remake or new, i don't care

TunaLover

Susano or Amaterasu would be kinda awesome for new characters, thanks Capcom!

Nintendo should take note and release FF4, assholes!

Dascu

TreIII said:
Well, assuming it's another Wii game (which seems likely, Capcom has been hinting at amping up their Wii support in some shape or form for a while)
I really, really doubt the two mystery games are both for Wii.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dascu said:
Why not ? I want my Monster Hunter 3 - they just released two of their biggest game on ps360 (sf4 and re5) and got lost planet 2, bionic commando and dead rising 2 coming for ps360...

[Nintex]

Dascu said:
I think the last mystery game will be something like Mega Man 9. Capcom's big guns are Lost Planet 2, Monster Hunter 3 and Dead Rising 2. It's not like they don't have any games coming, in fact they also have RE: Darkside Chronicles and Spyborgs next to Tatsucap.

Dascu

Perhaps I'm being "pessimistic", but I think it'd be pretty odd for Capcom to not announce any new PS360 games at this E3. Then again, they do have Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2... Still, I expect them to show what the DMC team has been working on.

MThanded

abstract alien said:
I wonder if some of the balancing issues with be reworked for the US release, now that would be a really nice bonus. Make it happen cap.
I think that this is more than possible.

TreIII

Dascu said:
Perhaps I'm being "pessimistic", but I think it'd be pretty odd for Capcom to not announce any new PS360 games at this E3. Then again, they do have Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2... Still, I expect them to show what the DMC team has been working on.

More than likely, the majority of Kobyashi and his boys are busy with Sengoku BASARA 3 (which has been rumored to be a Wii game, no less).

Now, whether or not THAT game has a chance of being released over here (be it properly, or through yet another "Devil Kings" like localization *shudders*), will just have to remain to be seen. I would like to think that, like MH3, they could try and use the 3rd game as a way to re-launch the brand in the States.

But it just seems too much like right....thanks to the anime, the BASARA hype train is at an all time high. It would be on point to announce something relating to the 3rd game people have been jonesin' for soon...could E3 be the place?

MThanded said:
I think that this is more than possible.
I really hope so. I havent played it myself beyond mashing buttons in an import store for about 45 seconds, but it really seems to have some heavy issue from what ive read and seen. If this can be tightened up(ryu= winning team, big gold guy = useless, etc), Id gladly buy it at a high price. Hell, Id buy it at a high price regardless.

I'm pretty sure that Capcom said the second game would be something from an established franchise, assuming that TvC is the unexpected game of the two.

MThanded

If the second mystery game is a fighting game then I will be happy. 2009 has been and will continue to be such a good game for fighters.

4 players smash brothers style fighting game with capcom characters!!!! lol

MThanded said:
If the second mystery game is a fighting game then I will be happy. 2009 has been and will continue to be such a good game for fighters.

4 players smash brothers style fighting game with capcom characters!!!! lol
Just say online Powerstone... you know you want it.

Dascu

Saint Gregory said:
I'm pretty sure that Capcom said the second game would be something from an established franchise, assuming that TvC is the unexpected game of the two.
IIRC, they said one of them would be "expected" and the other would be a "surprise". People theorized from there that the "expected" game would indicate a franchise entry.

Depending on how you look at it, Tatsunoko is the surprise or the expected game. It's a surprise it got localized, but on the other hand, Sven and others at Capcom have been saying they were trying to get it released here, so it's not a really big shocker after all.

Capcom should make a Sony vs. Microsoft video game.

Wave dashing infinite magic series top tier Bill Gates??!??

OH NOES Kutaragi triangle jump instant crossup!!!

MisterHero

_dementia said:
I hope they include Simon Belmont and Soma Cruz
why are you talking about Namco characters

getabrainmoran.jpg

FindMyFarms said:
What?! those are Konami characters on nintendo systems
Namco is pretty similar to the Capcom/Konami joke that's why I thought they should be part of the joke

MisterHero said:
why are you talking about Namco characters

getabrainmoran.jpg

What?! those are Konami characters on nintendo systems

picard-expression.jpeg

Dascu said:
IIRC, they said one of them would be "expected" and the other would be a "surprise". People theorized from there that the "expected" game would indicate a franchise entry.

Depending on how you look at it, Tatsunoko is the surprise or the expected game. It's a surprise it got localized, but on the other hand, Sven and others at Capcom have been saying they were trying to get it released here, so it's not a really big shocker after all.

Going by what's official, this is Capcom Mystery game #1 which was stated to be playable at E3. The other is going to be announced at E3.

I can't find anything on "established" or "expected"

sprocket

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Whoa! I had no idea that there was so much bickering going on! I'm just glad this game is coming over to North America. I had given up on ever playing an NA copy and now I'm just happy to support Versus games anyway I can. Bring on TvC!

I'd love to see Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 one day, Capcom. :)

This game is basically M vs C 3 you could switch the Tatsunoko characters for Marvel and there you go. Gameplay is the same.

TreIII

SYNTAX182 said:
thumbs up. forgot about this one. easily one of my favorites. make it happen capcom.

Well, Rival Schools/Justice Gakuen DID rank highly on that Famitsu poll from a few weeks back. Unless I'm mistaken, it was the ONLY FG on the list!

No excuse why some one like 8ing (who made Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Fate:UC for Capcom) couldn't bang out a quality sequel, if it was meant to occur.

Dascu

comedy bomb said:
Going by what's official, this is Capcom Mystery game #1 which was stated to be playable at E3. The other is going to be announced at E3.

I can't find anything on "established" or "expected"
Found the source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15643769&postcount=26
... I mean that they talked about this on the giantbombcast already when some Capcom guys were on for Bionic Commando

To help in predictions:
1 will surprise us
1 we will see coming

sprocket said:
This game is basically M vs C 3 you could switch the Tatsunoko characters for Marvel and there you go. Gameplay is the same.
lol no

TvC is slower and only 1 assist

They're very different games.

sprocket

Banned
_dementia said:
lol no

yeah thats totally a lot of differences there. :/

But i meant more like taking that engine adding marvel for a M V C 3. speed it up add what ever you want the basics are already there.

sprocket said:
yeah thats totally a lot of differences there. :/

But i meant more like taking that engine adding marvel for a M V C 3. speed it up add what ever you want the basics are already there.

Yeah, they have the same engine at the individual character control level. The assist system actually changes the whole game, having played both, I'll tell you right now that TvC plays nothing at all like MvC2.

edit - They're in the same sub genre of fighting games, but completely different feels. I'd liken it to comparing Unreal vs. Quake.

MisterHero

_dementia said:
lol no

to be fair Marvel vs. Street Fighter and MvC1 had similar systems to TvC

I also prefer them to MvC2, but MvC2 is the version everyone plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom