• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dascu said:
When is ComicCon?
July 23-26

Interesting how critics are more impressed with TvC over BB, T6, and KOFXII.
Getting this thing released stateside is an impressive feat in and of itself though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, GameTrailers made Tekken 6 their best fighting game for E3 and ignored TvC... but then agian that's GT.

Dali

jrricky said:
Well deserved. :D
I haven't played BB, KoF12 or Tekken 6, but I can't help but feel I'd disagree if I had the others for comparison. I was so hyped for TvC, but when I played it it was less than impressive. Just passable.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I agree.. as someone who has played this game a bit... I just think giving it an E3 award is a bit lulz.

Sadly BlazBlue was not present at E3. If it was it would have stolen some awards for sure.

MarkMan said:
I agree.. as someone who has played this game a bit... I just think giving it an E3 award is a bit lulz.

Sadly BlazBlue was not present at E3. If it was it would have stolen some awards for sure.
I forgot Aksys didn't even show up to E3
They're doing a bunch to promote BB at anime conventions and such though. I think it's a good idea because anime fans will pick BB up based on art alone. I want the game to sell as well as it possibly can.

Boss Doggie

It's ruined because the game doesn't feel HnK at all. Especially the designs.

Then again I should also blame the shift of anime design in general. I miss manly artstyle which doesn't shame on showing muscles and manliness.

-PXG-

Gunloc said:
According to that Shoryuken topic and this thread on the Capcom-Unity board, character themes are not present in the new videos. Instead each stage has it's own music. :(

Well, good thing I have the OST for the Japanese version :D

Boss Doggie

Um, it's the US build, as the TvC invitational has been canceled. Instead, Capcom will use EVO to showcase the US version (and probably find what stuff to tweak from it).

Dascu

TEKKAMAN
* Can combo better (needs elaboration)
* Seems a bit faster (needs confimration)
* All hits of his chargeback Space Lance throw can now combo into Vol Tekka beam super
Good.

GhaleonQ

Gunloc said:
According to that Shoryuken topic and this thread on the Capcom-Unity board, character themes are not present in the new videos. Instead each stage has it's own music. :(

...*sigh* Figures. I would have thought that the rights would have been easy to get once the characters themselves were approved.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, US build was already at E3 and Anime Expo. No reason for Capcom not to use it for EVO.

Not like I know anything about Capcom stuff or anything like that.

X_X

Teknoman

dragonlife29 said:
I haven't kept up with the news for this game but, what do you mean? I thought online was in? :( It was kind of a selling point for me.

Capcom retracted the online statement saying they'll still try to put it in, just not making any promises. Well, in so many words anyway.

Boss Doggie

All I know is that there's gonna be at least one NEW character as a replacement for Daimaou. We're still waiting for a huge confirm regarding the 4 other characters and online.

Still, we might see something new this upcoming San Diego Comic Con.

Sorry, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, but Capcom has shut the door on the possibility that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom could be ported from the Wii to your consoles of choice. The good news, though, is they haven't ruled out the possibility of a sequel being released over Xbox Live Arcade or the PlayStation Network.

Speaking to Videogamer.com, producer Ryota Niitsuma explained Capcom's line of thinking. "Currently, no [there's no chance of a 360 or PS3 port], but we would like to see the reaction of the western market when we release the game on Wii," Niitsuma said. "The other problem is the game is optimized for the Wii system, especially the graphics features, so if we were to port it to PS3 or Xbox 360 we would have to make the game from scratch, and in that case we might as well just make a sequel of the series on those consoles rather than porting it."
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175141

Dear god everyone, please, PLEASE buy two copies of this game when it comes out!!! I want TvsC 2 on Live!!!!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Deadly Monk said:
Dear god everyone, please, PLEASE buy two copies of this game when it comes out!!! I want TvsC 2 on Live!!!!
even if all interested gaffers bought ten copies each you still would not see tvc2 on live.

If they're able to pull off a halfway decent online mode, I may have yet another fighting game on my shopping list. Jesus. It's been so long since I've had occasion to use my Wii Hori stick, I should hook it up to make sure it still even works.

Haha

Capcom, you guys are such dicks to Wii owners.

"If you do really well and buy hundreds and thousands of copies of this game, MAYBE we MIGHT put a sequel on another system. Because you've earned it."

It would be sad if it weren't so funny.

neoanarch

ShockingAlberto said:
Haha

Capcom, you guys are such dicks to Wii owners.

"If you do really well and buy hundreds and thousands of copies of this game, MAYBE we MIGHT put a sequel on another system. Because you've earned it."

It would be sad if it weren't so funny.

thats not what they said at all. Its baseless 1up speculation(again)

Busaiku

They're just saying they're more likely to make a sequel on the systems than port the game.
Nobody at Capcom's saying they will make a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom