• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfactor

Banned
neoanarch said:
thats not what they said at all. Its baseless 1up speculation(again)

Knowing Capcom, that might as well be a confirmation already.

Don't get me wrong, but its hard to stay optimistic when we talk about Capcom and Nintendo.

"Zack & Wiki bombed!" *goes to make Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2 and SF4 for PS3/360*
"RE4 Wii is a success!" *more RE ports & light gun games with reused assets for Wii*

Busaiku

xfactor said:
Knowing Capcom, that might as well be a confirmation already.
Capcom hasn't been too friendly with the Wii in some regards, but at this point, it's definitely random 1Up rambling.
I remember them stating that this game would be making its way to PS3/360 soon enough.

TreIII

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah. As it stands, Capcom doesn't want to recode the whole thing.

Yep. So, in other words....

It's basically the SAME THING that sensible people have been saying about this game, since last year. It only took Capcom finally doing more to make it plain for others to wise up to what was inevitable. :lol

jrricky

Banned
All that says is that they might as well just make one for the xbox and ps3 if they did want to bring it to those systems instead of porting it because of amount of work that had to be done.:lol

EDarkness

What I find funny is that if someone asked if there was a Wii version of a 360 game, then that's not cool. But when they ask for a 360/PS3 version of a Wii game that's okay. So it's okay for the HD owners to want Wii games, but it's not okay for Wii owners to want HD games?

jrricky

Banned
EDarkness said:
What I find funny is that if someone asked if there was a Wii version of a 360 game, then that's not cool. But when they ask for a 360/PS3 version of a Wii game that's okay. So it's okay for the HD owners to want Wii games, but it's not okay for Wii owners to want HD games?
Tis the industry
fanboy journalism
my friend.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TreIII said:
Yep. So, in other words....

It's basically the SAME THING that sensible people have been saying about this game, since last year. It only took Capcom finally doing more to make it plain for others to wise up to what was inevitable. :lol

Pretty much. Want it? GO BUY A WII!

awesome news

I'll admit, I came a little when I saw the online code bit. Triple dip status confirmed!

VideoGamer.com: Why is it important to incorporate online into the western release?

RN: As you might have noticed just by playing a few games now, fighting games are so much better when played with others. It is designed so that you can play on your own, but ideally you want to play with others. For most players geographically speaking it’s not possible, so I feel that it’s important for us to implement online systems so people can play with everyone, even internationally across borders. We are trying to develop the online mode as we speak. The R&D team are doing this work quite sleeplessly.

Talk to Arc Systems Works about their netcode!

Milabrega

Online Get! :D

Since new characters are confirmed here's the old list the producer had said after TvC shipped that he would have liked to include in the first but decided to cut them out due to licensing/copyright/balancing/preference issues:

Tatsunoko Side:

- Condor no Joe
- Yattaman #2
- Shurato
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Daikyojin
- Beruku Katsue
- Tekkaman Evil
- Braiking Boss

Capcom Side:

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- ReiRei
- Zero Gouki
- Tiara Hime
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata

I'm hoping for Ibuki and Leon.

Boss Doggie

Actually, Ryuuta said that the new characters would be more familiar to the US audience.

Also, 3 Tatsu and 2 Cap.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Milabrega said:
Online Get! :D

Since new characters are confirmed here's the old list the producer had said after TvC shipped that he would have liked to include in the first but decided to cut them out due to licensing/copyright/balancing/preference issues:

Tatsunoko Side:

- Condor no Joe
- Yattaman #2
- Shurato
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Daikyojin
- Beruku Katsue
- Tekkaman Evil
- Braiking Boss

Capcom Side:

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- ReiRei
- Zero Gouki
- Tiara Hime
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata

I'm hoping for Ibuki and Leon.

Nero from dmc4?

YES PLZ

Nemesis_

I'd like to see at least one representative from Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. Since they chose Soki from Onimusha I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Lady / Gloria from Devil May Cry. Tyrant would've been awesome too.

I am preying for a significant amount of characters but I realise I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

Boss Doggie

Nah, Karas deals less damage output.

Essentially, you have to deal the most damage within a short time. Maybe Souki and Alex?

Leon has got to be in it. If only because RE4 has been released on the Wii already, and to further promote his starring role in The Darkside Chronicles.

Also because he's a fucking badass.

pakkit said:
I'm confused. At this point is online VS. 100% confirmed or not?
Official word is it's being "looked in to"
I'm starting to believe if they can't get the infrastructure in place by December, they'll just launch it without netplay rather than delaying it, which would suck.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
KingDirk said:
I'm going to keep on hoping for Phoenix Wright in some fighting game. I truly do not care how ridiculous it would be.
it doesn't matter how ridiculous it would be, it would be the MOST AWESOME THING EVAR :D

jrricky

Banned
_dementia said:
Official word is it's being "looked in to"
I'm starting to believe if they can't get the infrastructure in place by December, they'll just launch it without netplay rather than delaying it, which would suck.
No, its more like "we are trying to implement an online network mode, so people can play online against each other".

Ezalc

There are only two characters I want included in this game and they are Speed Racer and Amaterasu. Otherwise this game is going to be awesome my friend imported it and I was able to play it a lot and it is awesome definitely buying the US version.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
jrricky said:
No, its more like "we are trying to implement an online network mode, so people can play online against each other".
well, good money they tried to do it with the Japanese version, but then realized that it would take more time than they had. now that they have the time, they can take the base code and just build on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom