• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

Glorious! So now the big question; how much of the roster is going to be/get cut because of licensing issues here in NA?

Linkhero1

EmCeeGramr said:
You know, I've always wondered why Capcom doesn't ever make a Capcom characters only fighting game.
They tried with Capcom Fighting Jam, but I don't think they had enough different series mixed in. I haven't played it before but from what I hear it sucked.

Link

The Autumn Wind
EmCeeGramr said:
You know, I've always wondered why Capcom doesn't ever make a Capcom characters only fighting game.
Capcom_Fighting_Jam.jpg

Linkhero1 said:
They tried with Capcom Fighting Jam, but I don't think they had enough different series mixed in. I haven't played it before but from what I hear it sucked.
Problem was a small roster, poor selection of characters for that roster, and slow speed.

Linkhero1 said:

Was just other fighting game series, each series also kept its own play style instead of using a game wide style.

I'd like to see a Capcom only fighter like NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

Eteric Rice

autobzooty said:
Yeah, I was thinking that MvC3 Wii exclusive would be a very bad idea.

If it's PS360 exclusive I'll be extremely annoyed.

They have the engines, put that shit on everything goddam.

HUELEN10

hirokazu said:
Man, Capcom is so awesome, they're able to transcend all impossibilities. See how awesome Capcom is?
IN
DES
TRUCTABLE

CAPCOM LET'S NO LICENSE BRING THEM DOWN

IN
DES
TRUCTABLE

NOTHING'S GONNA STOP THEM NOW

TreIII

Linkhero1 said:
I hope it does happen. I just doubt there will be enough sales to justify a sequel :(

Don't be so sure...

It should go without saying that TvC was a fairly cost-effective game to make.

It was made on Wii-architecture, from the jump. The game itself, while looking nice, has a number of jaggies and such that showcase that the character models were the ones that got the most attention (play the mini games, and you'll see that much is definitely true). The Tatsunoko brand, itself, wasn't that costly to obtain (at least in Japan, certainly). And Tatsunoko even did the anime intro/endings, themselves.

Finally, it was a game made by 8ing. 8ing's one of those "code monkey" developers companies like Capcom like to turn to, if they just want somebody to do some work for them, without having to pay but so much out of pocket. Even the advertising campaign was fairly small-scale, compared to what Capcom could have done.

So, all that to say? TvC didn't sell gangbusters throughout its initial arcade and JP release run, but that may not immediately imply that it did "terrible" in Capcom's eyes.

I could see them doing a sequel, any way, because, if nothing else, it may help do more to make up for the costs of initially developing the first game. And also, adding on to what's already established for a "sequel/update" doesn't cost that much more than the initial development.

So we'll see. A few more thousand units moved for the US release may be all the more encouraging for Niizuma and his team...

Linkhero1

TreIII said:
Don't be so sure...

It should go without saying that TvC was a fairly cost-effective game to make.

It was made on Wii-architecture, from the jump. The game itself, while looking nice, has a number of jaggies and such that showcase that the character models were the ones that got the most attention (play the mini games, and you'll see that much is definitely true). The Tatsunoko brand, itself, wasn't that costly to obtain (at least in Japan, certainly). And Tatsunoko even did the anime intro/endings, themselves.

Finally, it was a game made by 8ing. 8ing's one of those "code monkey" developers companies like Capcom like to turn to, if they just want somebody to do some work for them, without having to pay but so much out of pocket. Even the advertising campaign was fairly small-scale, compared to what Capcom could have done.

So, all that to say? TvC didn't sell gangbusters throughout its initial arcade and JP release run, but that may not immediately imply that it did "terrible" in Capcom's eyes.

I could see them doing a sequel, any way, because, if nothing else, it may help do more to make up for the costs of initially developing the first game. And also, adding on to what's already established for a "sequel/update" doesn't cost that much more than the initial development.

So we'll see. A few more thousand units moved for the US release may be all the more encouraging for Niizuma and his team...
Such encouraging words. I sure hope it sells enough. I know I'm doing my part by buying it again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HUELEN10 said:
IN
DES
TRUCTABLE

CAPCOM LET'S NO LICENSE BRING THEM DOWN

IN
DES
TRUCTABLE

NOTHING'S GONNA STOP THEM NOW

:lol Damnit now it's stuck in my head, with these lyrics.

Blueblur1 said:
Capcom Vs. Capcom! Bring back all MvC2 Capcom characters + TvC characters + more! Let's see it happen, Capcom!
A new Capcom crossover fighter would be great. I'm still disappointed that Capcom didn't release Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

I know the game play was supposedly bad, but I still wanted to give it a try. I liked the roster and the art work was excellent. (I'm still hoping Capcom will use D.D. in a future game like they did with Ingrid.) It sure it would probably be some good cheesy fun. Why can't they just throw the bare bones version up on PSN or WiiWare?

HUELEN10 said:
Unwavering faith, even when dealing with the figs in your rectum? God you are awesome.
Me and cvx should mate and have freakish Zombie Monkey love children with figs in their rectums.

A sign of the end times no doubt.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thunder Monkey said:
Me and cvx should mate and have freakish Zombie Monkey love children with figs in their rectums.

A sign of the end times no doubt.

I'd pay good money to watch that.

pakkit

Banned
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom? We gon be saying sayonara to him.

That's Japanese for goodbye.

I'm really excited for this, one of the reasons I homebrew'd my Wii was to get my mittens on TvC, and now it's coming here anyway!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
vanessa schneider and the chocolate-bars-crunching nazi kid.

NAO! i mean, NOW, capcom!

please?

JDSN

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
I really hope they put some extra characters in there like HUNK, Maximo and Soma Cruz.

neoanarch

- Maybe new characters

- Coming out end of the year

- Online is something they want to look into, nothing definite yet

Apparently the article doesn't have any real information, it's mostly just fluff. The only shit of value I already mentioned

pakkit

Banned
Thank God for Scrubking and Hero of Legend's non-stop, mind-numbing, horrible bitching about anything and everything that Capcom did that wasn't Wii related or didn't fit in with their Wii-only agenda, or else this game may have never reached our shores.

Truly, these gentlemen are the heroes of the GAF-osphere.

Hunahan

Banned
Whoooooooa awesome!

I had just about given up hope on this one. Can't wait to try it out.

Hmmmmm maybe I should buy a classic controller.

Year of the fighter is serious business.

AniHawk

pakkit said:
Thank God for Scrubking and Hero of Legend's non-stop, mind-numbing, horrible bitching about anything and everything that Capcom did that wasn't Wii related or didn't fit in with their Wii-only agenda, or else this game may have never reached our shores.

Truly, these gentlemen are the heroes of the GAF-osphere.

Real men of geeeeeniuuuuus!

HUELEN10

Hunahan said:
Whoooooooa awesome!

I had just about given up hope on this one. Can't wait to try it out.

Hmmmmm maybe I should buy a classic controller.

Year of the fighter is serious business.
Classic Controller or Hori Stick FTW for this game.

I wish this game had Speed Racer in it, so I'd know at least one character on the Tatsunoko side. Besides, Speed Racer is fucking awesome.

That said, Ken the Eagle is AWESOME. Such a fun character to play as, even if I have no clue who the hell he is. He almost reminds me of Strider, with all those awesome dashes.

This was the game that caused me to break down and buy a classic controller. I enjoy this game very much. If they add online play, I'll definitely double dip.

Linkhero1 said:
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Braiking Boss (enemy of Casshern)
- Date Masamune
- Nero

Throw in the thoughts dancing in my imagination of Casshern and Boss getting a SINS visual style makeover I am now more excited about this possible sequel than I am about the first game coming to America.

I mean, I like VS games okay and all, and am moderately excited, but this game has always reminded me as one of those weird also-ran titles that nobody gives a shit when compared to the zenith of their relative series, like SFA1, the first version of SF3, Marvel Superheroes VS Street Fighter etc

Hive

Banned
i love Capcom as much as you guys do (i'm even getting Star Force 3: Red Joker), but the Castlevania series is in serious need of a reboot~

OnimaruXLR said:
Throw in the thoughts dancing in my imagination of Casshern and Boss getting a SINS visual style makeover I am now more excited about this possible sequel than I am about the first game coming to America.

I mean, I like VS games okay and all, and am moderately excited, but this game has always reminded me as one of those weird also-ran titles that nobody gives a shit about in the future when compared to the zenith of their relative series, like SFA1, the first version of SF3, Marvel Superheroes VS Street Fighter etc

I'm gonna guess you're not a fighting game fan, or you're relatively new to gaming, because both SFA and Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter were GIGANTIC games. I remember them hyping Street Fighter Alpha for almost a year and a half before it dropped. GIGANTIC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom