• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

-PXG-

dragonballjoseph said:
So I just played with Yatterman-1 for the first time...
...holy crap.

He was good in CGoH, but now he's beast. I ditched Ryu and use Blade with Yatterman. Team Ridonk.

EDIT

Yatterman is just stupid in this game. It's not even fair :lol

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
To all the guys who sent me questions about TvC, Seth Killian has answered them and they should be going live by the end of the week (I am in San Fran for a press event, so I'm not in control of when it goes live currently). Every question that was sent to me was answered by the way :)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Caspel said:
To all the guys who sent me questions about TvC, Seth Killian has answered them and they should be going live by the end of the week (I am in San Fran for a press event, so I'm not in control of when it goes live currently). Every question that was sent to me was answered by the way :)

even my five or six ones? coolios :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Vgamer said:
Wow this has to be one of the best reviewed games on the Wii. Well deserved too!

Yeah, I said before that I think it could crack the top 10 at Metacritic. Maybe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's that glaring GameSpy review which is idiotic.

They said it's a good game... but gave it a low score because it has arcade mode.

Boss Doggie

Glass Soldier said:
Ok wait, is there a reason
Hayato's
in Tekkaman Blade's ending?

Hint?

Both suffer from "darkness within" as the more they use their power the more they risk becoming evil, and that they're both space protectors.

-PXG- said:
Ai is 13....

Actually she's 12, Gan is 13.

Yeah this game has made me a huge nut for the Time Bokan series, bought a discounted series guide on Ebay. I am not ashamed! I have to thank Capcom for getting me into something I never would've checked out otherwise.

Ookami-kun said:
Both suffer from "darkness within" as the more they use their power the more they risk becoming evil, and that they're both space protectors.

Oh... so this means nothing at all :( If I remember correctly Arthur of Ghosts 'n Goblins fame was in one of CoH's endings, is there more like this in UAS?

Ookami-kun said:
There's that glaring GameSpy review which is idiotic.

They said it's a good game... but gave it a low score because it has arcade mode.

GameSpy said:
And if that's not enough, the arcade mode is the most efficient way of earning the currency needed to purchase extra colors and other bells 'n' whistles in the game's shop. It's presumably not the only way, though; TvC includes a top-down mini-game called Ultimate All-Shooter. I'm told it's a lot of fun, but I wouldn't know: The requirements to unlock it (i.e. perfect play in a throwaway mini-game only accessible during the arcade mode's end credits) have managed to roadblock me for 48 straight clears. Good thing I've already unlocked every last item in the shop, and even better that I've come to the conclusion that none of that stuff matters anyway, Capcom.

The reviewer just seems bitter he can't unlock Ultimate All Shooters. The game is perfectly playable online from the beginning - if you want to play with unlockable characters without playing Arcade mode, then download save states from the web lol.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
-PXG- said:
Ai is 13....

hrmmm that is quite the 13 year old...

e79efd3dc531de8acbea45df0b3ed38e.jpg

Boss Doggie

Glass Soldier said:
Oh... so this means nothing at all :( If I remember correctly Arthur of Ghosts 'n Goblins fame was in one of CoH's endings, is there more like this in UAS?

Yeah Arthur and Soki still team up to defeat Astharoth.

farnham

Banned
but then again that gamespy review was written by ryan scott... one of the few reviewers i used to trust.. anyway in line with the EX GFW Radio Crew they tend to rate games rather harshly...

McNum

Little Green Yoda said:
The reviewer just seems bitter he can't unlock Ultimate All Shooters. The game is perfectly playable online from the beginning - if you want to play with unlockable characters without playing Arcade mode, then download save states from the web lol.

Isn't the trick to clear it with Roll, since she gets a special version of that minigame? GameSpy's review just seems off, really. Why would you drop points for having an arcade mode? It makes no sense. I mean, the idea is that you clear it once with each character, to get a very basic idea of what it can do, so you won't be completely blindsided when you go online.

-PXG-

What? GameSpy doesn't like how there's an arcade mode? Bitching about the online? :lol I don't even want to know what they said about KOF XII then :lol

McNum said:
Isn't the trick to clear it with Roll, since she gets a special version of that minigame? GameSpy's review just seems off, really. Why would you drop points for having an arcade mode? It makes no sense. I mean, the idea is that you clear it once with each character, to get a very basic idea of what it can do, so you won't be completely blindsided when you go online.

It doesn't require "perfect play" of the minigame like the reviewer thinks. You just need to collect the gold letters to spell out "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING". You can do that with or without Roll's ending. Saying he couldn't do that in 48 tries doesn't reflect well on his gaming skills. :lol

His point that the unlocking process being tedious is very valid; not sure if it's something that should knock a 9/10 game to a 7/10 game though. He spent a full paragraph complaining about the Arcade mode and only a small blurb on the online latency (which to me would be more significant).

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
FullMetal said:
So what happened to "Assault" (at 2:57)? Its this that's confusing me. IIRC no trailer after this one shows that technique.

I've heard Assault evolved into an offensive Mega Crash, but I'm not seeing it on the game's website like how it is mentioned in the TGS press release.

Seth answered this question during my Q&A session. Someone from GAF submitted that question and he answered it. I'll forward the link when it goes live.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just picked up a LAN adaptor. If you don't have one, GO GET ONE-- it makes the online play that much better. I had a match against a Euro player that was nice and smooth.

Teknoman

Lyte Edge said:
Just picked up a LAN adaptor. If you don't have one, GO GET ONE-- it makes the online play that much better. I had a match against a Euro player that was nice and smooth.

Have you tried it with wireless or did you go straignt into LAN?

I am obsessed with Soki's counter attack move. Total Issen/Critical bad assness! It feels so masterful when pulled off correctly.

If this game had an online lobby system where multiple friends could play/watch at once then this would be my favorite fighting game of all time. Other than, I am totally digging this when I need a break from No More Heroes 2 :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We've been playing on wireless, and we've noticed no lag. It's on par with most of our Mario Kart matches (minus the hacking), than our Smash Brothers matches. Looking good.

MoxManiac

Lyte Edge said:

When are we going to play!!

Lyte Edge

This guy had 2500+ BP and rage quit on me when I was about to beat him with Lightan. :lol

4310631848_16bb7312c6_b.jpg

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
Whoops, did it quit out on me?

Lyte's lightan is unfair :(

You probably hit "no" on rematch by mistake. Sometimes there's lag for a second on that screen for some reason.

You just don't know how to beat Lightan yet is all. I loved it when Alex powerbombed him. :lol

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
Good games Lyte! gotta stop now, to bed I go.

Seemed fairly smooth most of the time, btw. Not as good as SF4 netcode though.

Yeah, GG...I was falling hard to Polimer and Alex! :lol

My wife was streaming video the whole time we were playing...pretty damn good considering, but yeah, this game is no SF4 online. And again I gotta complain about the lack of any kind of communication in-game. Very annoying.

I used Joe The Condor for the first time in our matches...I think I may end up sticking with him and possibly Jun for an all Gatchaman team.

jrricky

Banned
Since Ken is my main, this game made me go and look up the G-force series to watch again.:D

I think I am getting better too. Playing arcade on highest difficulty and am amazing myself somewhat.:lol

I went from vacillating about whether or not if I wanted to buy this game to getting both Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and the official stick when I went in to pick up my pre-ordered copy of No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. A fool and his money...

jrricky

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Well, I hardly would call myself a pro (still can't get the hang of doing Baroque), but if anyone's interested

0818-5175-5244
Me either. Why the hell is it so hard? Everytime I push the button with an attack button, the partner comes out...
jaundicejuice said:
I went from vacillating about whether or not if I wanted to buy this game to getting both Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and the official stick when I went in to pick up my pre-ordered copy of No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle. A fool and his money...
I picked up both games at launch for $25 a pop. It felt so good that I got 2 for 1 lol.

Top Bottom