• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Hiltz

abstract alien said:
Awesome info. Would it have been possible for capcom to mention MvC in order to let people know this is the next official line in the series, or is that not possible due to licensing?

I found the info at the Capcom-Unity website. Unfortunately, there was no mention of anything related to Marvel vs. Capcom.

Well, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is officially recognized as the next title in the Vs. franchise so it wasn't really necessary for Capcom to state the obvious about how the game is related to Marvel vs. Capcom in terms of the franchise brand name.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/grant008/blog/2010/01/15/tatsunoko_vs._capcom:_uas_-_tv_spot

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Between this and my Pre order of monster hunter Tri capcom getting a lot of monies from me, plus no Hori Stick now... ohh well

Roody

Neo Member
I was expecting no support at all, as far as advertising, but Capcom surprised me with that commercial -- that was fantastic. Hopefully the game doesn't tank. :lol

thefro

Roody said:
I was expecting no support at all, as far as advertising, but Capcom surprised me with that commercial -- that was fantastic. Hopefully the game doesn't tank. :lol

It'll do decent... seems like there's a good amount of hype among the hardcore Smash Bros players about this.

Sadist

thefro said:
It'll do decent... seems like there's a good amount of hype among the hardcore Smash Bros players about this.
Man if this game only would acquire an eighth of the sales of Brawl, that would be terrific.

d0c_zaius

I picked up one of the TvC sticks and its much better than the old SEs.

The buttons and stick will be fine out of the box for most people, and there seems to be more care put into the assembly.

I also like how quality the textured art feels.

Good to see Madcatz is improving on their old designs.

Milabrega

Icarus said:
Indeed, that is a good commercial. I have to hand it to them. Capcom isn't half assing this.

Yes they really are. I stated it last page, but its only receiving an ad campaign on half of the networks most VG games receive. USA, Syfy and Adult Swim (CN) only, where as most other titles get ESPN, Spike, CC and occasionally FX. We can also compare this to two other comparable Capcom titles, SF4 a game in the same genre and Dark Void a Capcom game releasing in the same period. Dark Void, has had an add running on all those listed networks from the end of December, until well, I just saw one on ESPN ten minutes ago. That's quite the duration when compared to TvC's ad campaign which just began, though admittingly we don't know the end date on either. Street Fighter 4, in addition to having those 6/7 stations ads running, and it was running around the clock especially on CC and ESPN around release, had the CBS prime time debut at the MMA event, in addition to showing up on NBC and Fox prime time shows.

So lets not go around crowning Capcom for a push, only to have that crown shoved back once the inevitable under performing sales results come pouring in. Though they are doing more for TvC than Ubisoft is doing for NMH2, so I guess that's something. Of course ads themselves can be worthless if they don't raise awareness and perceived consumer value in peoples minds, but that's unmeasurable.

Poyunch

Could someone suggest me a team that would be good for staying offensive and keeping pressure?

My original plan was to have Frank West and Tekkaman Blade as a team until well I found out they both would have to be unlocked. :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
At this point, I haven't played the game much outside of the arcade, so I'm planning on playing Viewtiful Joe/Yatterman casual. Why? Because I enjoyed how Yatterman controlled in the arcade version, and Joe is awesome.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm watching this stream mainly to see everything that's been added/changed from Cross Generation Of Heroes.

The music sounds a WHOLE lot better. I like some of the Capcom side themes in the original, but I'll take this "generic party techno" over it all any day.

Nemesis_

Really looking forward to see what they've added / changed up in Ultime All-Stars, having played Cross-Generation of Heroes.

Does anyone know if the Japanese version will have ALL the characters? I mean, it only makes sense.

Lyte Edge

Nemesis556 said:
Really looking forward to see what they've added / changed up in Ultime All-Stars, having played Cross-Generation of Heroes.

Does anyone know if the Japanese version will have ALL the characters? I mean, it only makes sense.

The Japanese version should be the same as the American version, so no, it won't have all the characters-- and by that, what you really mean is "will it have Hakushon Daimao," who is such a stupid/too-goofy character that I doubt anyone is going to miss him anyway.

Poyunch

Ysiadmihi said:
Did anyone play Alex on the stream? I really hope they gave him a new voice :lol
Nope. Sorry.

Nah, they didn't even ask my question.

Unless being asked on the air doesn't matter... This is the first time I've done one of those anyway.
Oh well they answered one of my questions. I'm not sure if not asking means you don't have a chance though because I don't usually follow 1UP.

Nemesis_

Lyte Edge said:
The Japanese version should be the same as the American version, so no, it won't have all the characters-- and by that, what you really mean is "will it have Hakushon Daimao," who is such a stupid/too-goofy character that I doubt anyone is going to miss him anyway.

I liked him! >_> I mean he was pretty useless but still.

Now that I think about it, all the characters added to the home release weren't really that great. Sure they were cool to be included, but their move sets were a bit bland.

-PXG-

It's been a few months. Rusty as hell now. I've always used the CC. I have the Nyko grip, attachment, apparatus thingy, which makes it a lot easier to hold. More than sufficient for this game.

Lyte Edge

Nemesis556 said:
I liked him! >_> I mean he was pretty useless but still.

Now that I think about it, all the characters added to the home release weren't really that great. Sure they were cool to be included, but their move sets were a bit bland.

I liked Viewtiful Joe. The characters that stand out to me as bland or even downright boring are Rockman Volnutt, Saki, and the two big single only characters.

Top Bottom