• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off (Album: 1989, Releasing 28th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
welcome to years ago
Eh, last album she was still trying it with Country. Very lightly, but it was there. This time she outright abandoned them, and they've already clocked it:

tumblr_naizl8xlsY1qd3quqo1_500.jpg

I wonder how much her comment about being "officially pop" is going to bite her in the ass. I do think it might hurt her, even if it's just marginally.

Cloudy

Banned
whatever you guys are haters that was alright

also who is this max martin guy and why does she need him on every song now

edit jesus christ this guy has written fucking everything how rich is he

He also wrote pretty much everything for the Backstreet Boys

Owzers

whatever you guys are haters that was alright

also who is this max martin guy and why does she need him on every song now

edit jesus christ this guy has written fucking everything how rich is he

all i can say is haters want to hate hate hate hate hate and players want to play play play play play. Looking it up, Martin was on We Are Never Ever, 22, and I knew you were trouble. Out of those three, i liked 22 enough but the other two were the least enjoyable on Red for me. Now he's on 7 of the new album including Shake It Off, a song i dislike as much as the those previous ones. Catchy at all costs.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
The song is cute & catchy, fun pop. The video is funny & also very cute. I like it.

That said, I don't see or hear an 80's vibe at all. Seems like a "modern" pop song to me.

Skele7on

Banned
The song is a bop, I like it. It's cute, haven't listened to it much yet. Assuming it'll be up on UK iTunes forthwith.

Will edit the OP at some point tomorrow, I think.

xKU1PSw.jpg

Only one self-penned song, mess.

But, IMOGEN HEAP. OMG OMG OMG

Taylor Swift had to co-write this album as she has been single so long she had no boys to hate on.

( I really like the new song)

ibyEne9InBxciR.gif

OP updated.

Deluxe bonus tracks co-writers:

Track 14 (Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback)
Track 15 (Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff)
Track 16 (Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback)
Track 17 (Taylor Swift, Ryan Tedder)
Track 18 (Taylor Swift, Jack Antonoff)
Track 19 (Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback)

The final three are likely demos judging by the description of the physical deluxe (three bonus tracks plus three 'songwriting memos' lol)

Mess if anyone was expecting country. I like how she's being so breezy and upfront about the 'pop' thing.

YAAAAS my queen

Btw, amazing job with the creation of this thread OP sis <3

Literally shed a tear or two when I was scrolling through the magnificent history :')

Majmun

Wow, horrible. I wonder if she's ever going to make good music. She's still young, so it could eventually happen.

I'm still absolutely loving this song.

Bless, this interview from the Red era.

Who’d be your dream collaboration, especially now that you’re taking more musical risks?
Let me think. Imogen Heap! She’s amazing.

G6T7Bn7.jpg

That's a dreadful photo, isn't it. But it highlights how they're both incredibly tall women- Tay is 5'10" and Imogen is 6'0". Tall lady bonding sesh.

Queen Immi her benevolence (Imogen Heap also released a new album yesterday, maybe I should make a thread for that too :eyes:)

I'm definitely looking forward to the Imogen track the most if only because it'll be very different to everything else.

Yeah, whoever says this has 80's vibe music is dead wrong. And yeah, the song sucks hard and she is just pandering to the shallow pop scene now.

Imma let you guys finish, but why is she a legend?

feel kinda weird I cannot name one of her songs.

not that I can name a Beiber song, wait it came to me Baby!

The verses are good but the chorus is boring lyrically and sonically.

Hilary Duff came back with a better Taylor Swift song than T Swift did.

She's a 90s baby so it's funny to hear her talk about the impact and spirit of the 80s.

Really? It says 28th on UK iTunes, how interesting.

It seems to be back-to-front then, normally US gets albums on Tuesday and UK on Monday. Bizarre.

Cartman86

Banned

Inevitable that this would come up. Lilly Allen had the same criticism (one I sympathize with). The context of the video seems obvious. Showing that she isn't Lady Gaga, or a "twerker" etc. She's herself. The criticism that Earl gave though is valid. There really is no way around it. No one is saying Taylor is one of those scared white girls, but I wouldn't be surprised if this just helps perpetuate a stereotype for the girls that are. Ultimately no one will care though.

Bladenic

is the deluxe not on itunes? lame

is the swiftstakes for everyone who buys a copy or deluxe only? and physical only too i imagine?

is the deluxe not on itunes? lame

is the swiftstakes for everyone who buys a copy or deluxe only? and physical only too i imagine?
Her deluxes are always exclusive to Target in the US. The swiftstakes are for both versions but I assume physical only.

I wish I lived in the US :'(

Halcyon

I really like the song, and I am madly in love with Taylor Swift.

She looks sooooo good in the gray gap ad section, and in the black/red lipstick bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom