• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT3| - Murder-based Hat Simulator

How did the server stats know I was from Norway :O

Also how does the priority work? If you play tonight you are more likely in the future to get in again? Won't that just make it impossible for new people to get in? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like first night at fight club style?

This is on the assumption that a 2 priority gives a better chance than a 3, but I don't know that.

Yeef

How did the server stats know I was from Norway :O

Also how does the priority work? If you play tonight you are more likely in the future to get in again? Won't that just make it impossible for new people to get in? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like first night at fight club style?

This is on the assumption that a 2 priority gives a better chance than a 3, but I don't know that.
This is the opposite of true.

The script that picks teams works like this:

Starting at Priority 3 it goes through and picks people, at random, based on their first choice. Then it goes through again and fills any remaining spots with second choice picks. And so on until it gets to 9th choice. Then it picks 4 alternates at random working it's way down based on how many classes were picked (so someone who is willing to play all classes is more likely to be selected as an alternate than someone who will only play 2). Then, if it still doesn't have enough players, it jumps down to the next priority and does it all again.

Proven

Why did I have to fall asleep? Why did my computer have to bug out? How am I not posting this in all caps?

Posted from mobile as I try to watch 2 hours late.

Sianos

The key to winning Highlander is a one hundred ping Heavy.

It was a fun experiment, but the Jank isn't up for it. Next time, maybe we can reserve a tf2lobby server or something.

Props to Snacks, he was tearing us up.

The key to winning Highlander is a one hundred ping Heavy.

It was a fun experiment, but the Jank isn't up for it. Next time, maybe we can reserve a tf2lobby server or something.

Props to Snacks, he was tearing us up.
i was watching on source

you were getting dominated, fair and square

play better and don't quit next time a heavy shoots you out in the open

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
BLUE WAS ALL HYPE

Why did I use regular rocket launcher, what a waste of time. Fucking Snacks, christ. Thought he was annoying as soldier. Ban from server please.

Boney

Banned
BLUE WAS ALL HYPE

Why did I use regular rocket launcher, what a waste of time. Fucking Snacks, christ. Thought he was annoying as soldier. Ban from server please.

seriously, everywhere I looked it was snacks coming straight at me.

Sorry for being such a terrible medic guys, but I kinda learned a thing or two at the end.

Proven

seriously, everywhere I looked it was snacks coming straight at me.

Sorry for being such a terrible medic guys, but I kinda learned a thing or two at the end.

Why I play too much engy on hightower and harvest? Yeah, Scouts wreck me too.

Edit: It's more on the Scout than it is on you. Eventually, if you yell Scout enough your team gets annoyed enough to help.

Snacks is a fucking beast with that scattergun. I know he annoys the shit out of me on Hightower when he goes Scout, but please Snacks, keep on soldiering it up. Hahaha.

also playing a payload map for highlander, especially a spam heavy map like barnblitz, has to be the worst thing ever

all scouts can do at the beginning and maybe the middle is go for teleporters or try super hard for a medic pick, and then they can't really do anything major

Sianos

i was watching on source

you were getting dominated, fair and square

play better and don't quit next time a heavy shoots you out in the open

I'm not saying every time I died it was the servers fault. I fucked up a good amount times.

But those clutch stabs, especially on the Heavy, just weren't going through even though I had the angle. In hindsight I should've went Dead Ringer to deal with all the laggy stabs.

Worst offender (unrelated to the HEAVY levels of Jank) was a failstab on Sixghost as he was standing still whacking his sentry. Had a perfect angle, but it still registered as 40 damage. I feel if that had gone through we would've won.

Still, it was a fun attempt and we can make it better next time.

Can we have a weekend Highlander game? Wednesday's I have to wake up very early and I don't want to be a zombie during training.

sgt pepper lets his team down by being afk, then comes back and is 2nd on his team on the 2nd round

NOBODY CAN CAPTURE ANYTHING ON GORGE!

People were ringing the doorbell like crazy, it was my neighbor who saw some weird guys in the street. She's 2 houses after mine, she didn't want to risk.

I don't think I even went afk more than 1 minute. I just let her in.

Yeef

Highlander brings out the worst in some people.
I think the biggest problem was communication and people not showing up on time.

Also, deciding which maps to play ahead of time would speed things up. And deciding on the rules in general.

Also, Highlander will only be every other week; what sorts of events would you guys like to see on the non-highlander Tuesdays?

I think the biggest problem was communication and people not showing up on time.

Also, deciding which maps to play ahead of time would speed things up. And deciding on the rules in general.

Also, Highlander will only be every other week; what sorts of events would you guys like to see on the non-highlander Tuesdays?

I liked your idea of customs maps on Tuesdays but I'm not quite sure how that would work out as anytime the vote goes up the masses automatically flock to the maps they're familiar with. Is there anyway we can do a "player's choice" night where only nominated maps show up in the map voting?

Also as for Highlander, I think having class specific alternates would help expedite the starting process. If you can't show up within a certain grace period after the starting time, you forfeit your spot to someone else.

Yeef

I liked your idea of customs maps on Tuesdays but I'm not quite sure how that would work out as anytime the vote goes up the masses automatically flock to the maps they're familiar with. Is there anyway we can do a "player's choice" night where only nominated maps show up in the map voting?
Yeah, that's easy. Forcing custom maps only is easy as well. I can have unlimited map files and edit them however I want.

Vanilla only loadout. No Misc items.

Yeef

I wouldn't mind trying a night where we restrict the server to 2 of each class.

Also, I opened a bunch of crates and got a bunch of projectile reflect parts only to realize I don't have any strange backburners or degreasers.

Top Bottom