• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techland (Dying Light) to announce new game at gamescom?

Ragona

Hey Gaf,
as we all know, Gamescom is starting next week and one of the biggest german streaming channels, Rocketbeans TV, are hosting the official Gamescom TV show for the cologne expo.

In their weekly shedule (https://www.rocketbeans.tv/wochenplan/?nextWeek=1) it announces 'New stuff from Techland' for tuesday 15.30 CEST.

Its been over 2 years since Dying light released, and they recently announced free DLC for the first game.

So potential sequel incoming?

ekgrey

I really hope so. Game was fantastic and whether they return to that world or build a new one, I'm excited to visit.

I can't wait to see a thread about their new game getting free DLC in 5 years.

What ever it is, I'm sure they're going to dedicate time to free content like they did before, it's such a great way to treat your fans.

FelipeMGM

Not a DL sequel or any internal project, but something from their publishing arm

Its been described as ''fast paced action title; Hotline Miami meets John Wick''

Shredderi

Techland is a publisher as well now so they might shine light on a game they're publishing but not developing. I really want a new Dying Light already tho....

Käebi

Weren't they working on a dark fantasy/dungeon crawler-esque game?

Edit: Yep, "Hellraid" wasn't cancelled , maybe it's a re-announcement.

Riptor

Neo Member
helljpg-ec90a2_1280w.jpg

Please go back to Hellraid.

Mathieran

Banned
Damn I was hoping for Dying Light 2. I guess since they are working on a bunch of new dlc maybe we shouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Dying Light was a really good game, you could tell the devs put a lot of pride and effort into making it's mechanics far more solid than most games of this type.

Definitely interested in their next game.

OldMuffin

I would too, but Ubisoft owns CoJ and I don't think they're interested in another one.

Gunslinger was great and Dying Light was, too.
Gahhh of course, though techland own the ip all this time and ubi was just the publisher. So I guess that means we will see it in a few years as some dumb mp games as service bull.

From what I know, it doesnt seem to be a DL sequel or any internal project, but something from their publishing arm

Its been described as ''fast paced action title; Hotline Miami meets John Wick''

So its another open world zombie game but this time mixed with a hero shooter because everything is overwatch.

From what I know, it doesnt seem to be a DL sequel or any internal project, but something from their publishing arm

I'd love a spiritual successor to Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

Which reminds me that I need to replay that.

I'm wondering if they are retooling Dead Island 2 to make it Dying Light 2?

Hell, I can even see Dead Island 2 becoming a sort of Dying Light: Riptide type of deal.

When was the last time we heard about Dead Island 2? Last I recall, it was being handed to a different developer.

Ridley327

I'm wondering if they are retooling Dead Island 2 to make it Dying Light 2?

Hell, I can even see Dead Island 2 becoming a sort of Dying Light: Riptide type of deal.

When was the last time we heard about Dead Island 2? Last I recall, it was being handed to a different developer.

Err, Dying Light was already a retooled Dead Island 2. Techland hasn't developed a new game in that series since Riptide.

Err, Dying Light was already a retooled Dead Island 2. Techland hasn't developed a new game in that series since Riptide.

Are you sure? Looking it up, Sumo Digital announced that they are working on Dead Island 2 as of March, 2016 and Dying Light came out in January of 2015.

Here's me thinking I was the only person that gave a shit about Hellraid.

My one buddy and I would always share new footage the minute it was out, both thought it looked really fun and had potential. I keep waiting for it to return since I know it was said that it was just put on hold temporarily.

wamberz1

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I'm usually not one to beg for sequels over original new games but I would KILL for a new dying light.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Zombies are boring. Bring back Call of Juarez. That second game was bad ass. Also, Nail'd was cool.

Sailent

Banned
Same shit but parkour in a cyberpunk city :_)

Running away from splicers and people who've lost their humanity :_)

The dream.

Top Bottom