• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techland fires shots at Destiny

Dennis

Banned
I approve of people taking shots at Destiny and Bungie.

Hopefully this will make developers and publisher more careful about pulling this bullshit with consumers in the future.

antitrop

Give it more credit than that. The whole survival aspect, especially how it changes at night, is amazing. Same can be said of the crafting, parkour and abilities as well.

I do give it a lot of credit. It was being compared to The Witcher 3 and I only slagged the quest design and overall plot.

Homeboyd

DRosesF.png
DAT OPEN TAB THO

Hopefully this will make developers and publisher more careful about pulling this bullshit with consumers in the future.

Agreed. This deserves to be openly mocked and ridiculed by as many people as possible. I was always meh about XP codes in soda and stuff but locking away quests/mission in a game always criticized for lack of story is another level of bullshit.

bebop242

I hope that the people in this thread saying they want to buy Dying Light because of this will actually check it out. Prob the most underated game so far this year.

ironcreed

Banned
I do give it a lot of credit. It was being compared to The Witcher 3 and I only slagged the quest design and overall plot.

I would not put it beside Wild Hunt in terms of story and quest design, either. Then again, there is not much that does reach that level.

I think it's just going to highlight how some devs and pubs have no shame in the face of money and marketing deals. They won't care about the insults and mockery because all they want is the money.

Maybe it's been too long since I played Destiny but I didn't think XP mattered once you got to level 20 and it's not like it ever took that long to get there.

Did they change it?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This one is worse.

"Destiny consumers are used to paying a premium for downloadable content similar to this quest."

That hubris is shocking

Maybe it's been too long since I played Destiny but I didn't think XP mattered once you got to level 20 and it's not like it ever took that long to get there.

Did they change it?

I think the level cap is about to go up to 30 with The Taken King?

watership

Mannnnn.. I still feel bad for Bungie. I really wanted to love Destiny too. But the way they handled the criticism about lack of content and focused on the grind in that game.. and now this. sigh.

Top Bottom