• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tecmo Koei expects 1 million sales from Hyrule Warriors

ZhugeEX

Banned
The Lu Bu secret boss battle will drive the game to 2 million units :p

Believe!

wiiu_zps7d0e02cd.jpg

It's not super far fetched but it doesn't sound easy either. I guess Japan will buy it for the Musou part and the rest of the world for the Zelda name but still, with such a small install base, that's really not obvious, particularly if it looks as rough as that first video.

Which is way more than 90% of the HD remasters released on ps360.

It was never going to sell a huge amount even on a very successfull WiiU
Actually, if you look at similar examples such as the God of War Collection or Halo Anniversary, they broke 2 million.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I think this is reasonable. I hope it does sell well. Musou games are great and more people being attracted to them is almost a given with a Zelda crossover game.

ZhugeEX

Banned
So I think if this game sells more than 200k in Japan I will consider it fairly successful based on Koei's recent Wii U releases + Wind Waker HD Japan performance.

Doubt it though.

kizmah

It'll only sell that high because of desperation on the part of Wii U owners. I haven't touched the thing since beating Super Mario 3D World and won't have a reason to for the foreseeable future.

Skipping Tropical Freeze is nothing to brag about. It's just poor taste.

Koren

Who measures sales in units of 10^4 ?
Assuming that's a real question... Actually... everyone in Japan?

Japan uses 10^4 for everything, such as large sum of money, the same way we use 10^3 in the west. They group numbers in packet of 4: 1万 is 10^4, 1億 is 10^8 and 1兆 is 10^12.

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/numbers

It take some time to adjust... As long as the numbers are 4-5 digits long, they're often displayed in full (and curiously with a dot that show the thousands, maybe western influence, I don't know). But the larger prices and numbers feel strange at first.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Again, Crossbow training sold like 10 million.

More like a plastic Wii gun sold 10 million. Didn't matter what the pack in game was.

As for one million units, it might do pretty well in Japan and the US, but Isn't Europe allergic to the U? Plus it's not a true Zelda game. If Wind Waker barely passed one million I don't see Zelda Dynasty Warriors doing it.
If it turns out well I might buy a copy. If anything this was the game to give a free U download with, not Mariokart which needs no help.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Kinda like how they expected 1 million sales from

51LCYpazcNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

though this time they might actually be right in the West.

javac

More like a plastic Wii gun sold 10 million. Didn't matter what the pack in game was.

As for one million units, it might do pretty well in Japan and the US, but Isn't Europe allergic to the U? Plus it's not a true Zelda game. If Wind Waker barely passed one million I don't see Zelda Dynasty Warriors doing it.
If it turns out well I might buy a copy. If anything this was the game to give a free U download with, not Mariokart which needs no help.

We don't know of any incentives or plans Nintendo have for this game so it's early to say. Could come with something, maybe something related to the next core Zelda game to get the core Zelda fans to buy it or free game incentives as you mentioned, or a more palatable price. Who knows. The game doesn't even have a date yet.

TriGen

Well, I've never played a Warriors game and I'm getting it -- but, yeah, a million seems iffy. I think it's possible but it's hard to say for sure. I think 500-600k is a safe estimate no matter what. The rest will depend on how it looks at E3 and is advertised there after.

BY2K

Membero Americo
About 5-6 Million Wii U sold.
Dynasty Warriors game normally don't review too hot or sell too hot overseas...

Asking 1/5-1/6 of the userbase to buy the game is kind of a big order.

Top Bottom