• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen charged with killing her boyfriend during a failed YouTube stunt

SDCowboy

I mean, it obviously is a really stupid comment and the poster should have said since when was a 19 yo considered a "teen" -- but their point was that saying a "teen" generally infers younger than 19. I get the idea at least.

"Teen" refers to any age in the teens...

I checked out this girl's youtube channel and there is a video where she is driving a car while not wearing a seat belt and vlogging. She keeps taking her eyes off the road to look into the camera. Also her kid was in the back seat.

Pure stupidity.

Rival

Gold Member
I checked out this girl's youtube channel and there is a video where she is driving a car while not wearing a seat belt and vlogging. She keeps taking her eyes off the road to look into the camera. Also her kid was in the back seat.

Pure stupidity.

Hopefully the kids are taken away from her before her stupidity kills them.

Slacker

Pure stupidity.

I don't think I'd object to YouTube disallowing children in videos all together. Would help take care of nonsense like this and that DaddyOFive jackass.

CatPee

Holy fuck, these two live in my town. I sold this dude the Sony a6300 they were probably using for this at our Best Buy.

louiedog

Pure stupidity.

There are videos out there of people vlogging or just running a camera at their face that they're constantly looking into as they drive. A Russian woman died earlier this year doing just that. There are some very stupid people out there.

Slacker

Detail from a BBC story I hadn't seen before:

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

The couple's three-year-old child and nearly 30 onlookers watched as she fired the fatal bullet into his chest.
30 onlookers?!? And not a single person watching knows shooting someone from a foot away is a bad idea? The mind truly boggles.

And this is macabre, but with 30 people watching, I'd imagine it's almost 100% a cell phone video is out there somewhere.

Crema

Is it my imagination, or are some of the replies in this thread borderline psychotic? What the couple did was incredibly dumb, but responses like "they deserved it" and "nothing worthwhile was lost" and anything like that are disturbing, to say the very least.

I disagree. It's hard to have sympathy for someone committing suicide for YouTube views.

Moze

Banned
I disagree. It's hard to have sympathy for someone committing suicide for YouTube views.

Why? I certainly have sympathy for a young couple who made an awful mistake that resulted in death. It's just an awful situation all around. This is an issue of the culture we live in and the value we place on celebrity culture.

And nobody committed suicide. Even if somebody did commit suicide for YouTube views, I would for sure have sympathy for them and the issues they were clearly suffering with.

Alo0oy

Banned

Sure, don't display any sympathy, it's your call. But at least avoid shit like "they deserve it", nobody deserves accidental death, let alone a young naive couple.

That's not what suicide is.

Yes it was pretty idiotic, and unfortunately someone died.

And if someone does commit actual suicide for YouTube views, they have problems and it isn't cause they wanted views and they deserve help.

norinrad

Everyone wants to be famous. What a way to go. Not a single person around them said anything about their YouTube activities?

Crayon

This was a dangerous person. Literally playing with guns. This is just one of many possible bad outcomes. And maybe not the worst.

cripterion

Just saw this on the newsfeed, blown away by so much stupidity. Poor kids for having such dumb parents.

At least she got what she wanted, she created some "buzz" around herself.

Kibbles

Detail from a BBC story I hadn't seen before:

30 onlookers?!? And not a single person watching knows shooting someone from a foot away is a bad idea? The mind truly boggles.

And this is macabre, but with 30 people watching, I'd imagine it's almost 100% a cell phone video is out there somewhere.

30 fucking people and not one of them had the knowledge this was fucking absurdly idiotic? What the fuck.

30 fucking people and not one of them had the knowledge this was fucking absurdly idiotic? What the fuck.

Seriously. I mean, this stunt is stupid in the first place (who the fuck ever would want to be shot at?), but on top of that, they're using a gun that is pretty much known for only one thing: being a big, dangerous handgun mostly used in media when they want to make it clear this gun will fucking kill you.

RMI

Banned

holy crap. didn't see this part of the story before. All these people should be ashamed of their goddamned selves. fucking morons.

In her defence, judging by their photos shared on the news articles, they both seem pretty fucking stupid.

This is next level Darwin Award shit.

Top Bottom