• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows trailer

fernoca

Yeah. A friend of mine is in love with the new show. His girlfriend even bought him a toy/figure of each Turtle as a christmas gift a few months ago. XD

But yeah, this game reminded me of the 90s movie and I have great/fond memories of those; so..hopefully the game will be good at least.

Rootbeer

Banned
559942_143595002474027_109817384_n.jpg

Well I don't have the highest hopes but I don't outright dislike it. I will buy it simply out of being a turtle fan. Everything else is secondary to me :p Even if I only get a few hours mediocre enjoyment out of it, oh well.

BTW While it doesn't exactly look like the Nick show it's clearly linked, look at Raphael's shell in this photo above

See any similarities?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Turtles look exactly like the ones in the new movie. It's going to be you're typical licensed video game garbage if I had to guess. Reminds me of that terrible Watchmen game.

See that's what I'm thinking too. This is what the turtles are going to look like in the Michael Bay movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seriously, Lego game seems so easy.

Make it 4 player and have comic book characters as unlockables along with like Samurai Raph and stuff.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
The turtles look awful. I'm optimistic though. Still hoping with the new cartoon doing so well activision announce a game based on that.

baphomet

Have you come from the future?
I was mistaken from Yahoo using a generic image from the net talking about the new Bay film. I still stand by that these are what they're going to look like in the new film. They have so many options to take character designs from yet they choose to make lanky badly designed characters on their own? I feel that's pretty unlikely.

Well I don't have the highest hopes but I don't outright dislike it. I will buy it simply out of being a turtle fan. Everything else is secondary to me :p Even if I only get a few hours mediocre enjoyment out of it, oh well.

BTW While it doesn't exactly look like the Nick show it's clearly linked, look at Raphael's shell in this photo above

See any similarities?

You have a good eye, i also noticed they were positioned practically the same in the comparison pic.. O__O

tajd

Banned
tt games lego turtles dont let me down after this shit reval

if you think this bad , wait till you see what micheal bay cooks up

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I just wanted these two faces to be closer together. So I made that happen. EMBIGGEN.
ZMLrNAG.jpg

Yes, marketing boys. This is our promo shot. We've done good. Go live!

Sanjuro

you're literally the only person in the universe who has faith in his handling..he lost me at aliens. way to miss the point.

I've just followed the franchise more closely than most people on this forum have. Plenty of people have mishandled it over the years, Eastman and Laird both being the most notable at the end.

RPGCrazied

The new cartoon is awesome. Though I don't like the new April. I don't like the many Krangs, he/it should be just 1. Also, where in the hell is the technodrome?

Sanjuro

but..Bay? why do you have faith in him?

A. Bay isn't directing the film, so that is a huge misconception.

B. If we are using that logic, he made truck loads of money off the Transformers property. Something this franchise hasn't seen for a very long time.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Never said he wasn't. :) But it is odd he's not Raph, just saw an interview where he said the choice as Don was due to their vision (naturally).

Honestly, I can see why they'd do that. I hear his voice, and don't think "rebellious badass" at all. Don is a way better fit. Sean Astin is surprisingly great in the role though

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Honestly, I can see why they'd do that. I hear his voice, and don't think "rebellious badass" at all. Don is a way better fit. Sean Astin is surprisingly great in the role though

Yeah, Paulson's Raph wouldn't work as the current show's Raph. Paulson's Raph is more "sarcastic douchebag" than "rebellious badass."

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I mean the little Z scar on Raphael is what takes this into whole new realms of stupid. So theyre referencing the scar on the Nick Raphael version, presumably had access to concept art and the new show as it was being made, but decide "LOL, OUR ART STYLE WILL SUIT THIS GAME FAR BETTER" and now this. Never leave studios like this up to their own devices! Never!

Brickhunt

but..Bay? why do you have faith in him?
I'm not a fan of Bayformers, but his movies did revitalize the Transformers franchise and made a shit ton of money for Hasbro, which gave us Transformers Animated and then Transformers Prime. Two awesome shows. So yeah, for all the crap Bay gets, I'm glad for what he did for the Transformers franchise.

That said, the Turtle franchise is in pretty good shape by itself thank to the new Cartoon (Hell, the show didn't had any right to be good, and yet it is. Far more better Korra). It doesn't really need to revitalized by a blockbuster movie. But hey, more power to the franchise.

As long the movie doesn't screw up with the show. I honestly don't care.

Takao

Banned
Transformers Animated was in development prior to the Bay movies being released. In fact, the reason it had such a different art style compared to the movies was a defense mechanism in case the movie bombed.

Transformers wasn't a dead IP before the Bay movies. It was no where near as popular as it is now, but as a Transformers fan during those times I was never hurting for more material. There were always comics, cartoons, and various toylines.

Yikes! They dont look so hot, but I am willing to try the demo. The gameplay looked nice.
Also I just started reading the Secret History of the Foot Clan and its really good.

Maki Hirasawa

Neo Member
I was so excited about this game ...until I saw how they look.

Seriously, why cant they make a game with the cartoon art style??

I hope they change how turtles looks, but even if they do that, its not like Nickelodeon cartoon anyway..

Skilletor

Red fly is a great developer, so I'll support them. And not letting minor nostalgic gripes get in the way of that.

Honestly, the game doesn't look bad to me. I'm open to various interpretations of the turtles. The important thing to me is whether or not this'll be a good beat-em-up. Thankfully, there'll be a demo.

gabbo

Honestly, change the mouth to look less like a weird beak, and it would be fine as far as I'm concerned.

Whompa

I'm...kinda cool with this. The turtles look like shit in that 3d render but the gameplay looks pretty awesome.

Seriously the more I look at it the funner it looks.

Please have tight, responsive controls and well-paced levels.

Don't be like that Watchman game that I strangely liked despite being mediocre as fuck.

Just going to echo the sentiment that anyone who hasn't watched the new Nick Turtles cartoon needs to. It's definitely my favorite interpretation of the characters, and I've been a fan since I was a kid in the 80's.

Top Bottom