• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teens assault family at Six Flags Great America after being asked to stop swearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
As someone whose been to Great America many times, this is not remotely surprising.

Fuck them, charge them all as adults and let them rot in prison for a few years. Not like they have much of a future that can be ruined anyhow if this is how they act now.

glow

Banned
... what? The suspense is killing me.

Apparently a lot of people in this thread don't believe in rehabilitation and if someone commits some terrible group mentality-based shit they never had a future to begin with.

These kids (or should I say thugs? 🙄) can change their lives and still be productive citizens. They're not doomed to a life of violence and crime. That's a weak line of thinking but I don't know what better I thought going into this thread.

Apparently a lot of people in this thread don't believe in rehabilitation and if someone commits some terrible group mentality-based shit they never had a future to begin with.

These kids (or should I say thugs? 🙄) can change their lives and still be productive citizens. They're not doomed to a life of violence and crime. That's a weak line of thinking but I don't know what better I thought going into this thread.

Owari

Kind of ironic the dudes last name.. what pieces of shit. They should all by tried as adults. Throw the book at em.

Jeff-DSA

My neighbor's wife got attacked at Six Flags in California for the same thing, but they weren't teens, they were a couple of guys in their 20s. She's literally the most kind person I know, and I can't believe that they got violent on her. They were talking about sex in a graphic and loud manner, and all she did was say, "excuse me, my kids are right behind you and can hear you. Can you wait until after the ride?"

They slapped and spit on her and one of them kicked her in the back. Her husband was in the bathroom. He came back and the kids and his wife were crying. When they reported it, THEY KICKED HER OUT ALONG WITH THE GUYS and everybody got a 1-year ban on the park. Totally ruined the vacation.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm fine with that rehabilitation--during a decade or more in prison.

My neighbor's wife got attacked at Six Flags in California for the same thing, but they weren't teens, they were a couple of guys in their 20s. She's literally the most kind person I know, and I can't believe that they got violent on her. They were talking about sex in a graphic and loud manner, and all she did was say, "excuse me, my kids are right behind you and can hear you. Can you wait until after the ride?"

They slapped and spit on her and one of them kicked her in the back. Her husband was in the bathroom. He came back and the kids and his wife were crying. When they reported it, THEY KICKED HER OUT ALONG WITH THE GUYS and everybody got a 1-year ban on the park. Totally ruined the vacation.

Note to self: Don't bring my family to Six Flags.

RinsFury

That's some bullshit. Damn. Six Flags is a rotten operation.

Ganhyun

Someone attacked you on our property and you are daring to report it? Begone foul heathen!

(Sucks what happened to your neighbor's wife. Hoping she was able to get over it. The kids too since they had to see that happen.)

Zoe

I'm for rehabilitation. I have my doubts that rehabilitation can occur in less than a year.

... what? The suspense is killing me.

His post was saying that juvie would corrupt them.i would say they're already on the harder end of offenders.

low-G

Attempted murder of innocent children defense force GAF.

Owari

Hey, he had it coming. He didn’t want to hear obscenities on his family vacation to a family park.

I have an idea: raise the price of tickets to keep this from happening. Never see articles like this from Disney parks.

I watched a group of high school kids sucker punch and beat the fuck out of a pizza delivery guy.
more like smoking a cig outside on th 3rd floor and saw them on the ground

glow

Banned
I'm fine with that rehabilitation--during a decade or more in prison.

That is not proportionate to the crime.

I said it was a horrible crime. Do you really believe all of the teens caught deserve an attempted murder charge? Not in my opinion. Maybe I'm just desensitized to this kind of stuff living in a big city. Not even a week ago a woman was assaulted and robbed by a group of teenagers blocks from my house. Not the norm but not surprising. Didn't make the news. Didn't even go beyond the police report

KingV

That is not proportionate to the crime.

I said it was a horrible crime. Do you really believe all of the teens caught deserve an attempted murder charge? Not in my opinion. Maybe I'm just desensitized to this kind of stuff living in a big city. Not even a week ago a woman was assaulted and robbed by a group of teenagers blocks from my house. Not the norm but not surprising. Didn't make the news. Didn't even go beyond the police report

Did they rob her or did they beat her enough to call an ambulance? These are different IMO.

But in all honesty, I don’t have a problem putting violent kids away for 10 years.

They can try to explain how they have changed once they come up for parole in 5 or so.

It's a thread about a group beating an old couple and a 12 year old kid. Do you expect people to be cool headed and rational? They aren't the jury just a bunch of angry people on an internet forum reacting.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Okay, this has basically devolved into a bad Facebook argument about Kids Today. Cool off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom